Quake 3 Arena Vadrigar

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
Eraser

Re: Quake 3 Arena Vadrigar

Post by Eraser »

PhoeniX wrote:
MKJ wrote:Yes, the ps2 version actually had a campaign
Today I learned. Never knew that. Can't imagine quake on a console was great though.
I tried a bit of Quake Arena Arcade on Xbox 360.
It really sucks. It's basically the same game as Q3A with an extended SP mode (against bots) and some really poorly made extra custom maps, but the game is just too fast to properly play it with a controller.
Lieutenant Dan

Post by Lieutenant Dan »

Eraser wrote: I tried a bit of Quake Arena Arcade on Xbox 360.
It really sucks. It's basically the same game as Q3A with an extended SP mode (against bots) and some really poorly made extra custom maps, but the game is just too fast to properly play it with a controller.
The Dreamcast port of Q3A really outshined the PS2 release,imo. The Dreamcast came with online multiplayer support out of the box, and it supported the Dreamcast mouse and keyboard. I guess they had to give the PS2 release something, and added in a "campaign"
obsidian

Post by obsidian »

I didn't even know there was a PS2 version. :dork:
[size=85][url=http://gtkradiant.com]GtkRadiant[/url] | [url=http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com]Q3Map2[/url] | [url=http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com/docs/shader_manual/]Shader Manual[/url][/size]
Bobandjim1260

Post by Bobandjim1260 »

This thread can be deleted
Captain

Post by Captain »

It will serve as a reminder.
PhoeniX

Post by PhoeniX »

Bobandjim1260 wrote:This thread can be deleted
According to this wiki on Vadrigar Xaero was a Vadrigar.
PhoeniX

Post by PhoeniX »

Eraser wrote:I tried a bit of Quake Arena Arcade on Xbox 360.
I'll not rush out to try it anytime soon then :(

I find any action game difficult on a console, keyboard and mouse all day long for me
John^Rocker

Post by John^Rocker »

I think we should make a game ABOUT THE GAME itself...
quake4legends
John^Rocker

Post by John^Rocker »

Im really glad and proud this question was raised so scholarly. I think once we completely build the chinese superscope and find out more about planets outside of this solar system..more will be revealed about this ancient and powerful identity.
quake4legends
John^Rocker

Post by John^Rocker »

Κracus wrote:
Bobandjim1260 wrote:Question for those who know more about Quake 3 than me. Is the boss you fight at the end of Quake 3 a Vadrigar? I'm asking because it called itself the master of the arena, and it was also had the voice of the narrator. However, the Vadrigar were also a race of beings that created and watch over the arena itself. Is this Vadrigar supposed to be the one in charge of the arena? Very much like how a cock fighting ring owner would be in charge of their "arena"? Or did Raven just put no thought into the subject at all?

As an added plus, does anyone here have a picture of the Vadrigar from Quake 3? (A good one, not those bad ones on google) I remember the design being pretty cool, and I kind of wanted to draw one.
If I recall correctly Xerox, err I mean Xaero is an invincible warrior who created the arena to find someone able to kill him. Not sure though. Turns out he's a giant pussy aim botting bitch who wants to fight in the most open map possible. No wonder he's so good, if he took the time to actually fight in other arenas he'd probably be average at best. Cool flip though.

I read this and find, as a dedicated, highly learned player, to be a bullshit hoax.

IF xaero really wanted to defeat anyone, it would have chosen dm17 to be your end.
quake4legends
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

Except that DM19 is a DM map. Xaero wants 1v1 so it's gotta be a tourney map and 6 is the one they went with.
John^Rocker

Post by John^Rocker »

Prove more about they and we will see
quake4legends
Κracus

Post by Κracus »

Sure I'll ask John C tonight to drop by and confirm it.
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

1st believable thing Kracus has said
[color=red] . : [/color][size=85] You knows you knows [/size]
SoM

Post by SoM »

:olo:
[color=red][WYD][/color]S[color=red]o[/color]M