Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Guild Wars Beta Weekend

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Guild Wars Beta Weekend

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 01:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Next event starts 00:00 PST, on the 18th.

Me, Fender & U4EA are definitely taking part.

If you need to get hold of a key for the event, here's a list of places to try:

If you need to get hold of the client program, get it here.

Never give up!
Never give up!
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 02:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I realy want to play this game, but I give myself little change of getting a key. :tear:

I had the luck to play in the WoW EU beta and I love the game, but i want to see what GW has to offer before I buy WoW and pay to much money on a game.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 02:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I feel bad about blagging Fender's friend pass now (is there any way to disassociate a key from an account?) as my pre-order package arrived this morning =/

I do however have a friend pass of my own to give out now if you can't get a key in some other way.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 05:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
I feel bad about blagging Fender's friend pass now (is there any way to disassociate a key from an account?) as my pre-order package arrived this morning =/

I do however have a friend pass of my own to give out now if you can't get a key in some other way.

Why not contact them and see? I really don't care too much, but it would be nice to be able to give away another key to a fellow member. nbd either way. :shrug:

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 05:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gosh, as if these forums weren't time-consuming enough.

PostPosted: 02-10-2005 05:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought you were going to the library?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 06:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is that MMO that you dont have to pay a monthly for or something?

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 07:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

redfella wrote:
This is that MMO that you dont have to pay a monthly for or something?

Correct. Not really MMO, though. There are common areas where you can trade w/ other users, talk to NPC, buy/sell w/ merchants. In these common areas there are hundreds of players. When you enter a mission or quest, you and your party get a private instance of the area. There is a player vs player and guild vs guild system too. I haven't played around at all w/ PvP or GvG.

Never give up!
Never give up!
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 09:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:

would be much appreciated :drool:

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll be there.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sounds like fun

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 10:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I tried Guild Wars that one time with fileplanet and I didn't like it that much. WoW is far better imo.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 11:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:

<strike>Don't give that out just yet. I have a buddy that might want to try it.</strike>
Nevermind

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 11:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got a plan to salvage Fender's friend pass:

Here's how it would work. As soon as the BEW opens, I login with my current account (which is using Fender's friend pass), delete my characters (so I can recreate them on my new account), change it's password and send the details to Fender. Fender can now pass on these details to his friend. The account will be tied to my email address but since it will likely only be used as a BEW account, that should be ok.

I can then create a new account for myself using my pre-order key and create my characters on this one and, eventually, use it once the game is finally released.

This still leaves my friend pass for OverRide.

What do you think?

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 11:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mmmmm, boobies...
Erm, yeah, um, you might have to make sure you register your pre-order key using a different e-mail, but that's the only hitch I can think of (unless key info is stored in the registry or summat).

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 11:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, the new account will be on a different email address. Also, I don't think any key info is stored locally. In any case, when I create a new account with a different email address it shouldn't matter anyways .. right?

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-10-2005 11:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, good point.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 12:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1 week btw ;)

(minus 22 minutes)

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 09:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The friend pass is only good for 1 weekend event anyways. I doubt you could even relog with it. I think I have a spare friend pass also, if anyone wants it.

Think I'll give it a try again this event. I kinda lost interest after WoW was released.

Never give up!
Never give up!
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 09:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We've set the launch date for Guild Wars: April 28, 2005. And to provide details of the launch as well as information about future Beta Weekend Events and early access for preorder customers, you will find a full press release here.

w0000000000t :drool:
So long tho :tear:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 09:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i wanna go but have no key

and if i knew i could get one by buying this

United Kingdom: PC Gamer - 25th October issue

i wouldve >:E

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 11:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

/me does happy dance...

'course, I still have to wait 2 months for the full product, but "w00t!" all the same :D

Wondering if I should have placed a full pre-order with the importer now though mind...

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 11:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I did quite a bit of work on my trading application over the weekend. I might have it ready for this weekend's beta event.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone still have a key?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Check your PM Trans.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*wub*

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 12:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i need a key :(

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
i wanna go but have no key

and if i knew i could get one by buying this

United Kingdom: PC Gamer - 25th October issue

i wouldve >:E

MEMPH: i know you got that issue lemme rob you :P

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 12:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
I got a plan to salvage Fender's friend pass:

Here's how it would work. As soon as the BEW opens, I login with my current account (which is using Fender's friend pass), delete my characters (so I can recreate them on my new account), change it's password and send the details to Fender. Fender can now pass on these details to his friend. The account will be tied to my email address but since it will likely only be used as a BEW account, that should be ok.

I can then create a new account for myself using my pre-order key and create my characters on this one and, eventually, use it once the game is finally released.

This still leaves my friend pass for OverRide.

What do you think?

You activated that key after the last beta event right? You didn't play any time with that key?
Send the details to Puff. :up:

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 06:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fender wrote:
You activated that key after the last beta event right? You didn't play any time with that key?

That's right :icon14:

Puff, I'll send you the account details via the email address in your profile (if there's none in your profile, PM me an email address). I'll email you again once I've deleted my characters off that account and changed its password to what I emailed you previously (this should be shortly after 8 AM GMT on the 18th of Feb). Hope that made sense :S

OverRide, I'll email you my friend pass when I get home. Again, I'll send it to the email address in your profile (if there's none in your profile, PM me an email address).

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 06:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You guys rule!~ :)

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 06:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you fucking vagina

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 07:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wahey, apparently characters are not going to be wiped this weekend.
That'll make for some odd party mixes, but could be useful for harder missions.

BTW Memph, that key you got with PC Gamer is still valid if it hasn't been used yet. Chunk could use it this weekend.
Or you.

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 07:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll be there :D

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 12:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BEWARE!
1600x1200 with 4x AA GW Logon screen piccy (457KB):
Clicky

To get rid of the interface for clean screenshots, it's ctrl-shift+H.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.