Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Wikileaks 'reveals CIA hacking tools'

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Wikileaks 'reveals CIA hacking tools'

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-16-2017 03:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If it's the cia/nsa it must be illegal everything goes no discipline they're above law.
Don't tell them you found out about Tredstone or Black Briar they might have to send in the black helicopters or activate an agent.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-16-2017 09:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
While I mostly agree with what you and shaft are saying, one difference is that if you as an employee of a company look up people's personal details without reason for doing so, there's a good chance you're disciplined if people find out.

There's a good chance CIA/NSA are snooping into people's private affairs if they have a slight suspicion something may be up. This snooping around may not even be warranted or legal, but it's highly unlikely anyone is being disciplined for that. This opens the gate for unrestricted access to people's private data.

*if they find out, tis why I asked for a specific occasion where this has harmed an individual as this would have resulted in reprisal. There was certain things I could do without getting found out, I did stuff illegal by complete accident and even though there was things I couldn't do (like rob your ass) without getting found out there was plenty of other things I could have done without a paper trail, like sell your personal info due to having unrestricted access to peoples private data. This is industry wide too, hospitals, councils, welfare offices, cable companies, bailiffs, tax offices etc etc being maintained by average people.

Like Shaft said, your trust with this info needs to be placed in someone, it's not perfect but there are safeguards in place to ensure this information isn't used to harm someone - like the legality of using the obtained information. It is what it is and people seem quite happy to put their trust in me, my superiors and my companies but not in anyone who works for government security agencies :shrug:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.