Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        chasers

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: chasers

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-04-2005 11:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There are players who think that by targeting high ping players they can score easy frags, boost their numbers etc. I'mnot talking about lag frags - those I accept as a part of the game, if I lag someone is gonna frag my arse, im okay with that. What I hate is whenaverage players target me cos my ping is high, figuring on an easy frag (im average also).

Anyhow im finding that by returning the favour and deliberately targeting them that it helps my scores more and gives them something to think about. I used to ignore it and not target any specific players, but gotta even the field a bit.

Anyone else on dial up (lols) find this happens? I'm talking about public servers. But its a regular crew which is why the chasing is so noticable. Anyhow if there are any noobs left appart from me, this seems to work :icon32:

cess primary
cess primary
PostPosted: 07-05-2005 01:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I try to minimize contact with laggers, they are often unrailable and look like they are teleporting.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-05-2005 02:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

one of the few benefits :)

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 07-05-2005 05:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

S@M, ever tried InstaUnlagged? It's just the thing for dial-up HPBs.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 07-05-2005 05:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i larf when the ultra elite guys (y'know the guys that used to be twice better than everyone else but are now three times better(to beat the other twice as good lammas)

when they frag you to barly alive wile your on the phone or whatever at the first 3 sec or the round

haha weasley or what

Eye-like balls
Eye-like balls
PostPosted: 07-05-2005 03:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FFA is for newbs. But what I dislike is chasers in a CTF game, when they assumed the role of an attacker and then chase me back to their flag each and every time.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 07-06-2005 03:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, ctf chasers pisses me off.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 07-06-2005 05:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Deji wrote:
FFA is for newbs.

True but I know plenty of ffa players that would kick your estonian arse! :p

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-06-2005 12:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fjoggs wrote:
yeah, ctf chasers pisses me off.

Agreed.

Eye-like balls
Eye-like balls
PostPosted: 07-06-2005 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DRuM wrote:
Deji wrote:
FFA is for newbs.

At what, FFA?

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 07-06-2005 12:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still playing in #broken deji ?

cess primary
cess primary
PostPosted: 07-06-2005 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

even a Q there.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 07-06-2005 08:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Deji wrote:
DRuM wrote:
Deji wrote:
FFA is for newbs.

At what, FFA?

Yes, at FFA. :)

cess primary
cess primary
PostPosted: 07-07-2005 12:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Then i dont think Deji would give a good fuck. :0

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 07-07-2005 09:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Zyte wrote:
Then i dont think Deji would give a good fuck. :0

I know, I'm only playing with him. Nevertheless, appleseed and deus from gunzoids play ffa on the server I go to, so it's not ALL noobs, that's all I'm saying. And it's not all just spam, otherwise those guys wouldn't win all the time. I honestly believe that FFA is a skill in it's own right, BUT, I'm also not saying that FFA has anywhere like the amount of skill in TDM and CTF. That's obvious.:icon32:

Eye-like balls
Eye-like balls
PostPosted: 07-07-2005 09:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Appleseed, Deus etc. aren't FFA players either :p Just because I play RA3 once in a blue moon doesn't make me a RA3 player. They win because of their TDM/CTF experience, which is my point excactly :D

Necro
Necro
PostPosted: 07-09-2005 03:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ive played ctf for 4 years,(quit playing now) ive never "targeted" anyone,ever.
if you come into my base then expect to be fragged, regardless of ping or name.
scores??
its never bothered what my "score" was, as long as we got more caps,i was happy
s@m, you should have a chat with mystic best hpb ive ever seen,she could hold her own on optus ctf with a ping of 350,and shes an attacker!

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-09-2005 08:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey buse!!
Mystic is one of the uberleet adsl players now I know her old man (via quake). CTF is a tad different to FFA, but im learning to hold my own in FFA lately. I dont normally get aggro, but chasers (and rail campers on dm16) have been a pain lately. May be they always were, but I never noticed? I have friends who hate playing ipgn because of the chasers, but learning to work it in my favour has been helpful :P

Necro
Necro
PostPosted: 07-10-2005 04:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tbh, ive never played FFA,heh sounds weird but it true,
first started playing insta,then went onto TDM, then insta ctf for a laugh, then i found ctf, never looked back from then :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.