Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Anyone here know of Icarus scripting?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Anyone here know of Icarus scripting?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-15-2016 02:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anyone know of Icarus scripting? Notsure if it was used in Quake, but this was used in Elite force, and Jedi Knights games.

I've tried to use Behaved to setup scripts to get NPC's fire or more, but nothing.

Thanks.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-16-2016 08:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Q3 doesn't have that. Try the Level Editing forum. Maybe someone there has experience with Elite Force or Jedi Knight.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 07-16-2016 09:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Return to Castle Wolfenstein had some scripting. Not sure what scripting, though, so I can't tell you. But yeah, Quake 3 does not have such scripting, it never had...

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-16-2016 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I see.

The only Icarus script I could change in a map I've edited, is the default one, I was able to get another set of doors to open, and setup a target script runner, trigger brush.

As for getting some kind of event with NPC's that is another challenge altogether.

Milkshape 3d is used for NPC and any other objects for Elite force, I'd have to purchase a copy of the licence to use it. Alternatively go to a net cafe and install on every computer until I complete my task. It is about $35.

I feel it is too much to get two, may be four scratch made models in. One weapon, two ships, and use some existing NPC's to create a few new ones, just retexture them.

And since the deck I created in Blender does appear to display. Editing such an old game doesn't look promising. I had the option of Half life 2, but the similar maps were never released. So EF is the only game. Alternatively, retexture and edit for Elite force 2. But that is far too much work, EF is the only way to go for all of this.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 07-17-2016 12:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You want to install something to computers in net café? Dude, this is insane idea! You can't install anything on net café's machines. If you want to use your progs, you need to have it already installed on your USB stick or external drive. Otherwise it can be considered as sharing malware, which is illegal! You can also use own boot OS as long as it's played as live CD an NOT installed on the computer! If you want anonymity, use Tails :up:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-17-2016 03:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Milkshape 3D would be fine on an individual network connected computers. I don't see why that wouldn't be fine?

Every net cafe is different. You'd think the creator of Milkshape would of reduced the licence to may be $15. It can't compete with Blender, the forums are empty.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 07-17-2016 10:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, you can't expect anything on net café's computers. There could be keyloggers, malware, anything. That's why installing something is (usually) prohibited on thes computers. Also, no one will like to blame with some sort of unknown software that wasn't on the computers before. If you want to use that, make it portable. Install it onto your USB stick. Also be sure to ALWAYS check your USB stick for malware when you get back to your home. I've never been to net café before, but I've learned a lot from public Internet access and even computers in our school were infected by malware. These computers were not connected to the school LAN, though, and still using Windows XP, but unaware students infected these computers with worms and trojans by their USB sticks. That way you can't trust any public access computer :up: Also, I don't know, why you need to actually MAKE this stuff in net café? Why do you just not make it home and then you only share it via public access, if you do not have your home Internet connection or want to stay anonymous?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-18-2016 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I do have access at home for the moment. The trial ended last year, as it lasts for a month. So the alternative is to install on a new preowned system I have, £50 optiplex 780 small form factor, once I get a USB keyboard for it.

I have used net cafe's here and there, when there wasn't access at home.

In my teenage years certainly more so then now, but I have always had since about fourteen. Most net cafe's are running fine, the system is setup so that nothing remains once the systems restarted. So they are individual, at least I think so now, may be some are, some not, most aren't. But year I may get a shot at the five that are still in the area of where I live, a lot are closed, most run by immigrants. Everyone can access via mobile computer phone that stuff has changed so much in recent years. I didn't even own one, I actual mobile phone, meaning it is for basic text message and calls. Everyone walks around with these touch screen phones. They all look the same, it wasn't that long ago people only knew of delete on a system. Well even a basic old mobile phone, but the whole computer part wasn't there.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.