Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        How do I setup Multiplayer?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: How do I setup Multiplayer?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-13-2005 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm new to on-line gaming. I've been playing Q3 Arena for years, but never on-line.

How do I setup for online Q3? I select Multiplayer, but it doesn't find any servers. Do I just need a server address or do I need to download some additional files/mods to get the multiplayer to work correctly?

Please help.

Thanks.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-13-2005 04:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you will need osp mod, a mod for quake 3 arena with useful features for online playing. You can get ithere.

However if you say you played it for years you might just have that already :x

In that case, someone else explain im gonna sleep H@

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 05-13-2005 04:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First, make sure you have the latest patch, point release 1.32. You will need to update PunkBuster (anti-cheat software) using PBWEB. Place pbweb.exe in your 'Quake III Arena\pb' folder and run it. Afterwords, enable PunkBuster by typing '/pb_cl_enable' in the console. Download and install All-Seeing Eye to browse for game servers. In ASE, under the Game column, you'll find what mod the server is running. Baseq3 refers to a server running w/o any modifications. If you don't have the mod that the server is running you'll have to download it (use google to locate mod developers website and the corresponding mod files). Rocket Arena 3, Threewave, OSP, and Urban Terror are some of the more popular mods to name a few.

Good luck!

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-18-2005 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

download oFx version switcher if u wanna hop thru versions.

gogle it

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 05-18-2005 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shauncw wrote:
I'm new to on-line gaming. I've been playing Q3 Arena for years, but never on-line.

How do I setup for online Q3? I select Multiplayer, but it doesn't find any servers. Do I just need a server address or do I need to download some additional files/mods to get the multiplayer to work correctly?

Please help.

Thanks.

You don't have to have OSP, nor do you have to have any version switcher. Just download the latest patch, 1.32 from Planet Quake, or IDsoftware, or fileplanet ect...then download the pbweb file stated above and drop it in your pb folder after you install the latest patch. Double click the pb file and that should pull the rest of the updates in.

As for finding a server, once you get in the MP menu instead of searching Local click it to search the internet.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.