Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Best Q4 Tricking movie so far!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Best Q4 Tricking movie so far!

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-26-2005 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it Oblivion from Q3W that made this? http://own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=6303

Nice tricks! The moves really look fast in this vid. :) The sliding seems to be quite useful too - you can change direction without jumping (in Q3 you would go back to 320 ups).

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 10-26-2005 03:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah, it's a different Oblivion. :]
Me and a guy called Wussie made a movie aswell, check it out if you're interested. :)

http://own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=6295

(2400 downloads in 1 day! :D)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-26-2005 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah i've seen yours (and Wussie's) vid too. Nice, but shame about the nails that were invisible most of the time. That really sux about netdemos. :(

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-26-2005 11:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
use fraps?
While you're performing the tricks? :p Playing back netdemo's is problematic enough.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-27-2005 12:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oeloe wrote:
Is it Oblivion from Q3W that made this? http://own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=6303

Nice tricks! The moves really look fast in this vid. :) The sliding seems to be quite useful too - you can change direction without jumping (in Q3 you would go back to 320 ups).

Am I completely dense, or is there nowhere to actually download this video? I clicked the link that says "click here to go to the download page", but that just has another link that says "click here to add a mirror"

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 10-27-2005 12:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It seems quake 3 defrag, O_o, but poor video quality :(

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-27-2005 12:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[TJD]Rico wrote:
Am I completely dense, or is there nowhere to actually download this video?
No, they're doing server maintenance: http://files.filefront.com/Victory___by ... einfo.html

:icon8:

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 10-27-2005 01:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bah. Thanks Oeloe. I downloaded the Wussie video but the archive's corrupted. I'm destined not to see the elite trick jump movies...

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 10-27-2005 02:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry, it has good quality, it was my motherboard configuration :P. The tricks are impresive, and that is the beginning

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 10-27-2005 03:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oeloe wrote:
Yeah i've seen yours (and Wussie's) vid too. Nice, but shame about the nails that were invisible most of the time. That really sux about netdemos. :(

Yeah, but it's not the netdemos that does it. They play fine. The problems lies when you're going to do demo->avi, since there's no avidemo command for netdemos, you have to convert the demo to a render demo.
The renderdemos doesn't show explosions or impacts, nor do they play off at the correct speed.

Right now, moviemaking is a bitch with q4.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-27-2005 06:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So oblivion probably captured his footage with FRAPS?

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 10-27-2005 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure, haven't seen it.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-28-2005 01:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[TJD]Rico wrote:
Oeloe wrote:

Am I completely dense, or is there nowhere to actually download this video? I clicked the link that says "click here to go to the download page", but that just has another link that says "click here to add a mirror"

Gotta use ms ie - firefox doesn't see the down load button.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.