Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        your config ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: your config ?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-03-2006 06:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi folks,

had some spare time and installed good old Q3 on my new iMac, ahhh, finally I can play it in a higher res with more frames :)

However, I deleted all my old config files :( and I remember vaguely that there are all kinda variables (e.g. the visible range, rocket smoke, rail trail fadeout and so on.. ) to set so the game becomes more playable.

So instead of fiddling around I wonder whether you guys would like to post your configs - wait no! - only the interesting bits of you config :) and write down some words what it is and why you tweaked it. Would be great - thanx !

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-06-2006 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bind F4 "g_synchronousclients 1; record; g_synchronousclients 0"
bind F5 "stoprecord"
seta cg_oldPlasma "1"
seta cg_oldRocket "1"
seta cg_oldRail "1"
seta cg_noProjectileTrail "1"
seta cg_bobroll "0"
seta cg_bobpitch "0"
seta cg_runroll "0"
seta cg_runpitch "0"
seta cg_gibs "0"
seta rate "25000"
seta snaps "20"
seta cg_shadows "0"
seta com_blood "0"

these are pretty obvious, but might be useful - I didnt put vid settings cos ur machine is more powerful than mine, someone with closer specs can cover those plus mem settings for hunkmegs, sound and zone megs.

wb samanoske :)

Roman Conqueror
Roman Conqueror
PostPosted: 11-13-2006 11:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sam, are you still in paris?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 11-16-2006 03:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi torq,
that was december 05 for a couple of weeks. So back in Aust for now; although I'll be in Vienna in July and I might be spending a few weeks in the Balkans in May... depending how things pan out

Roman Conqueror
Roman Conqueror
PostPosted: 11-16-2006 07:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hm.
sAMAN0SKe != S@M, I assume?

I met sAMAN0SKe once in Paris (Apple Expo). Just wanted to know if he's still there because maybe I'll spend some days in Paris in December.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 11-16-2006 12:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ah soz, Im not sAMANOSKe,

is he a physics bofin as well? I recall he had some sort of science background. I'll be in Spain for a week or two in November, but wont be able to travel outside a few cities im working in.

Roman Conqueror
Roman Conqueror
PostPosted: 11-16-2006 03:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Biologist =)
I'm the Physicist.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.