Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Creating a bootable windows disc?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Creating a bootable windows disc?

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 12:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so i have two 64-bit computers at the moment and want to fool around with the 64-bit of longhorn on one of them. The only problem though is that after burning the image it doesn't want to boot. a message basically says something like checking the media drive's cable and then after that it says to insert a bootable disc.

well my version of XP will boot just fine but that's also not a burned copy.

is there something i need to add, like a folder with certian drivers that will make the disc bootable? also, i'm trying to do this with a DVD so i don't know if that changes things at all.

one last thing; is there any burning software that would best for this or is it pretty much whatever i'm more used to using will work just fine?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 12:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i would guess nero and you need a boot.img (loader) on the disc. search for XPSP2 slipstream and skip to the burning to see what it is you need exactly.

now this is for cd, not dvd. i assume they cant be all that different in terms of making bootable discs.

edit: actually last time i did it i use this program called autostreamer. maybe it can be used w/DVD? just google it and there's a thread on neowin all about it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.