Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        NAS Recommendation

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: NAS Recommendation

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 03-10-2009 11:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My desktop has kicked the bucket and, to be honest, I'm not too interested in replacing it. For the past year I've used my laptop pretty much exclusively anyways. What I will still need is a non-RAID network attached storage device on the cheap to store and stream media to my Xbox from. Any recommendations?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-24-2009 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sorry dude, but this won't be a very helpful post. NAS is on the way out, so you should be able to get something for cheap, however, I'd hold out for a bit longer in anticipation of a solid state solution for the efficiency, speed and convenience. Would a 4GB usb pen drive bridge the gap, or is the streaming logic a must?

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 04-24-2009 03:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Underpants? wrote:
NAS is on the way out...

*citation needed

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-26-2009 03:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well, you're right about that fendah... can't find it now, but I read something about the end of the nas era in a white paper by HP but i reckon that might have someting to do with their purchase of lefthand networks, which creates competitive san products.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.