Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Vista Split Screen

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Vista Split Screen

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-25-2009 07:35 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've never had so many issues with my Windows XP install as I've had with Vista :disgust:

I was updating the addons on the family Vista machine for World of Warcraft and all was fine.

I had been running the game pre-addon update and then I try to log back on post-update and the game goes to a black screen, loops the sound briefly, and then is silent but still running with a black screen.

Restarted the computer and now the monitor is showing the same image twice (split horizontally across the screen)

The first time I restarted, the computer threw up a BSOD but disappeared before I could read anything.

I ran System Restore and am considering restoring everything back to factory settings but I was hoping somebody would have a solution to this oddity before I do so.

Thoughts?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-26-2009 10:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Resolved.

Ran another system restore and this time the split screen disappeared and I was able to actually log in to an account.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 04-26-2009 01:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, that's a weird one

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-27-2009 09:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd say so.

Just let the damn thing idle after getting rid of the split screen error and the problem popped up again.

I managed to see what the problem file was on the BSOD and it turns out to be video card related.

Laptop's 54 days out of warranty too :miffed:

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 05-02-2009 03:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ffs :/

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.