Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Two servers with two different spskills?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Two servers with two different spskills?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-26-2009 07:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi there guys,

My daughter has taken an interest in the game, but the botlevel on my server is less than inviting for someone who's never played an fps before. I'm running Q3 with OSP. I tried starting up a second server and manually setting via console(seta spskill 1), but it didn't work.

The spskill is defined in OSP's q3config. My server startup is called with this:

Quote:
"quake3.exe" +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 96 +set fs_game osp +set dedicated 2 +exec ospproserver.cfg

If I duplicate ospproserver.cfg and set spskill there, will it override the setting in q3config?

thanks in advance for any help,
json

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 04-26-2009 07:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, so set it in both files.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-26-2009 01:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks very much for your help, misantropia. Worked like a champ.

thanks,
json

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.