Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        New Level Won't Show Up in Select Screen

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: New Level Won't Show Up in Select Screen

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-30-2017 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey, so I finally managed to make my own map. It was just a test stage, and I wanted to practice finalizing it, by attempting to make it show up in the map selection screen. However, it does not show up. It does work, as when I type it in on the console, it loads it, but it just doesn't show up in the select screen. I copied my custom grass texture to the texture folder, put my daveylevel.arena in the scripts folder, put the aas and bsp in the maps folder, and put it all in a PK3.

Maybe my .arena file is problematic. Here it is:

{
map "daveylevel"
bots "doom anarki sarge major"
longname "Daveys Map"
fraglimit 20
type "single ffa tourney"
}

I tried to mimic other .arena files with this, but it still won't show up in the select screen. I triple-checked that the map name listed on there was the same as the bsp and aas.

Any ideas as to why this won't work?

EDIT: Okay, so this is just weird. I copied and edited PadCenter's .arena file, and it showed up fine. Welp.

2ND EDIT: I think it has something to do with the modes. I changed the modes to FFA and Team, after I copied and pasted from Quake 3's original Arenas.txt and it worked.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.