Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Anyone heard about Maxell?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Anyone heard about Maxell?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-26-2017 08:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm curious about one Czech mapper, who created few maps, but original ones and damn good visual looking. These maps are primarily for fun, they're not designed for competitive gameplay. Just like other people there he has job, little time to do his mapping stuff, but I can't understand why he does not respond to messages in his guestbook, nor the ones at his youtube channel. I understand he has a real life and has little time, maybe family, but he doesn't write anything. He just suddenly disappeared from the scene. I'm disappointed. Last response from Maxell was on message #194 from March 16th 2014 @9:44pm. Then no more responses :(

Maxell's websites are these: http://mxl.cz/
His YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/m4x311

One of his funny maps:

This is a school map, frozen in beta stage. Designed primarily for fun, just for visual experience, to demostrate, how Q3 limits can be pushed. It wasn't designed with gameplay in mind, it's just a funny map, full of easter eggs and containing two secret areas (one is shown in the video, without the way to discover it, of course).

I asked him if he would be pleasant to at least provide source files (all textures including custom editor-only textures, all models, all sounds, the source workbench map file) to allow for finishing the map. No response. I can't say whenever he just doesn't do mapping anymore (well, he doesn't do Quake3 mapping anymore, but claims he continues with DOOM 3 mapping, modelling and modding, and he works on idTech4 engine tutorials, as stated on his websites), or something happened.

Does anybody here know him? Can you obtain informations about him? Can you contact him in some way (phone, e-mail, etc.)? Can you confirm he's okay, what happened, why he doesn't respond? Or is he just another lost mapper that dissappeared without a trace? :shrug:

I'm really bothered. It's a shame the map is unfinished and half-public. If he doesn't want to continue in Q3 mapping anymore (including the unfinished map), then it's really shame he doesn't provide a chance to finish his map for someone. I'd really like to see the map finished and ready to play offline (which is just a must these days unless you have some LAN server). The map is pure genial. Every detail, it could be already considered finished, if it had at least bot support :(

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-26-2017 10:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He is in my basement.
Conected to my cerebral scanner, sucking out all of his mapping ideas, to be tranfered into my hive mind super cluster think tank device.

By the way, Ústí nad Labem is only 60km away from my home town. Maybe you're the next one... :D :clownboat:

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-26-2017 10:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Already bulding protective bunker :D

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-27-2017 03:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think hes busy working on arma 3, but i just send a message.
Maybe we will gain knowledge soon :)
EDIT: Uups, i meant DAYZ...

Last edited by AndyW on 01-27-2017 08:02 AM, edited 1 time in total.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-27-2017 04:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you :) I know he's working in design industry, which contains webdesign and game development. Arma 3 sounds like some badass game engine :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-27-2017 10:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good News! -No fake-press: :olo:

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-27-2017 10:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for positive messages :) Well, he's just very busy :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.