Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Screenshots

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 03-26-2007 09:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So far as level design is concerned, models are the future. Nice low poly model.

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 03-26-2007 09:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FragaGeddon wrote:
ALMighty wrote:
corsair, you should convert that to Q3Rally. Looks neat! :)

Does anybody actually play that mod?

Hehe, I guess it was a stupid idea.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-26-2007 09:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ever played Quake Rally? what a pile of poo

diabolical besier hugger in disguise
PostPosted: 03-26-2007 10:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cant be THAT bad.. or is it..

clueless
clueless
PostPosted: 03-26-2007 10:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It is.

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 03-26-2007 10:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think Q3Rally had potential, but the maps really sucked.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-26-2007 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

QADEMZ beta1.5:
I hope it's harder, better, faster, stronger. Qademz map topic
jump'n'trickin'... basic actions

VISOR'S PEAK in alpha stage:

idea for jumppad peak - molten concrete, steam and smoke

Last edited by Moreigh on 03-27-2007 06:12 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Beggar@Q3W
Beggar@Q3W
PostPosted: 03-27-2007 03:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just ripped useful grid switching feature from tempest and applied to gmax. :icon26:

It's quite a shame that parent 3dxmax does not support this feature till version 8. :shrug:
We can still use a grid object for this purpose, though.
But it means there always an unnecessary object floating around, which is a bit of an annoyance.

Beggar@Q3W
Beggar@Q3W
PostPosted: 03-29-2007 03:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One of the maps I'm werking on for q3wduelctf mappack.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-29-2007 03:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ALMighty wrote:

Hey! I did one of the maps for Q3Rally! Although that map was not great in the looks department compared to what I'm doing now.

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 03-29-2007 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Amphetamine wrote:
ALMighty wrote:

Hey! I did one of the maps for Q3Rally! Although that map was not great in the looks department compared to what I'm doing now.

Hey, your map was probably the best one. Sorry, I think I exaggerated. I always thought the gameplay was bad, but maybe it was more because of bad psysics and not badly designed maps.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-29-2007 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know that they had to make a lot of compromises with regard to physics because of engine limitations and average pc specs at the time. I remember there being a lot of issues with client prediction with 3+ opponents causing amazing slowdowns on average spec PC's at the v1 release.

TBH I'd like to see a new racing game based on Q3. With much higher machine speeds and the Q3 source availalbe there wouldn't have to be the workarounds and compromises that Q3R unfortunately suffered from. In terms of mapping there's a lot more that could be done now, given dotproduct terrain, projected decals, _skybox, lightmapped models, etc which just wern't around when Q3R was new.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-29-2007 05:20 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hehe Amp. Might be a possibility sometime this year ;)
*hint*

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-02-2007 02:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Last edited by AEon on 01-18-2010 10:05 AM, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Refreshed lvlshot code of images.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-02-2007 05:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What exactly is that Obsidian?
As in, what engine?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-02-2007 05:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bumpmaps look like D3/Q4 engine to me. :)

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 04-03-2007 04:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wviperw wrote:
Bumpmaps look like D3/Q4 engine to me. :)

The lighting doesn't look anything like D3 engine.

From the lighting I'd say it's a Q3 engine game with fake bump on a high res lightmap.

PostPosted: 04-03-2007 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

its real bump with lower detail texture i presume :shrug:
sets a nice mood, gg obsidian ;]

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-03-2007 06:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Man, there's a crap load of impressive screenshots in this thread! Some of you should be hired immediately to work at a big game company.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-03-2007 10:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep it coming guys!

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-03-2007 10:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
What exactly is that Obsidian?
As in, what engine?

Heh... sorry, didn't intend to keep you guys guessing... I figured it would be pretty obvious that it wasn't an in-game shot with the volumetric fog and all that.

It's a quick 10 minute skybox that I rendered in 3ds MAX. I was poking around with outdoor lighting simulation, procedural textures in the material editor and the tools for environmental effects.

That's ydnar's "Potrero Sunset" sky texture, btw.

[lvlshot]http://www.robotrenegade.com/temp/sunset-t-cross.jpg[/lvlshot]

And in QTVR:
http://www.robotrenegade.com/temp/sunset.mov

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-04-2007 10:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OverDose map and texture work:

[lvlshot]http://www.quake2evolved.com/odium/alpha_test_yuk2.jpg[/lvlshot]

[lvlshot]http://www.quake2evolved.com/odium/grate_1.jpg[/lvlshot]

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-04-2007 02:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really nice stuff!

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 04-04-2007 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Odium: Nice work man. May I suggest adding more detail to your spec map. I'm no professional texture artist, but I've heard from a few who are, that adding more detail to your spec really adds to the realism. I did this quick pass overlaying metal textures from http://www.cgtextures.com.

-Method

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 01:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Meth, read my Tut, thats what I usually do :P I noticed that night that on none of these new textures had I done that, but it was to late for me to bother, so I left it for today :p Strange how I found that out by myself ages ago that it looks better and I never did it to any of these :p I'll get on it after I get dressed!!!!!!114432

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 06:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its hard because you have to make media as you go, and none of my old stuff is any good...

[lvlshot]http://www.quake2evolved.com/odium/odtech_1.jpg[/lvlshot]

[lvlshot]http://www.quake2evolved.com/odium/odtech_2.jpg[/lvlshot]

BTW These shots as I said are from our own engine OverDose, not Quake 4 or Doom 3.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 06:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Odium, no offense. But I see you posting wonderfull shots but I never see any of your work actually finished. Perhaps I missed those posts. I know your involved with Quake II Evolved, but I don't see a personal page in your profile. Is any of your featured work available for download?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 06:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infernis wrote:
Odium, no offense. But I see you posting wonderfull shots but I never see any of your work actually finished. Perhaps I missed those posts. I know your involved with Quake II Evolved, but I don't see a personal page in your profile. Is any of your featured work available for download?

I do a lot of mess abouts, maps for Doom 3/Quake 4, but never release them. This is for OverDose, as a technology demo, so its got no choice but to be released. :p

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 06:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's too bad mate, it really is. But keep it up though!

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 06:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infernis wrote:
That's too bad mate, it really is. But keep it up though!

My maps are never good enough for actual game play so I never relase them, I just enjoy making textures for them. Techmaps are different, they dont need to flow or anything they just need to show features off, so I'm ok with them, heh... :paranoid:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 07:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doom 3 engine related games could do with some publically available textures ;)

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 11:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Infernis wrote:

I do a lot of mess abouts, maps for Doom 3/Quake 4, but never release them. This is for OverDose, as a technology demo, so its got no choice but to be released. :p

I'm the same way O'dium :D
I mess around A LOT but I never get anything released!!

Currently I've stopped mapping and have picked up programming again. I just might have some tech shots soon of my Quake 3 C to C++ conversion project ;)

That is... if I can get my development computer out of the depths of moving storage. :icon33:

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 04-05-2007 02:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Odium: Understood. I myself sometimes forget to apply the things I talk about. Nice textures again.

-Method

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-06-2007 03:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just a current layout i am working on, not to sure if i should make this into a ctf map or DM/TDM map.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 04-06-2007 03:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

meh

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.