Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Dedbone: a new skin for the Bones model (Download included)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Dedbone: a new skin for the Bones model (Download included)

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 05-29-2013 05:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Originally, I finished this skin in 2006. At that time, Polycount had stopped posting skins, so I never released it, thinking there was no community left for it. Now that I found this place, it seems like a good time to release this skin afterall. However, my painting skills have changed a lot since 2006, so ofcourse I heavily reworked it to bring it up to snuff! :D

I hope you'll enjoy this skin! I'll be tackling the Mynx model next. I expect that will take a while though, as I've been very pressed for time lately. :owned:

Download Dedbone:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2167961/q3skn-dedbone.zip

Map featured in screenshot: http://lvlworld.com/download/Corrosion

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-29-2013 05:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very awesome. Looks steampunkish. I think this is very possibly one of the best Q3 skins I've seen.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-29-2013 06:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awesome. It's rare these days for someone to show up here out of the blue with an amazing display of skill, be it mapping, modelling or skinning. I'm liking it :)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-29-2013 07:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just a minor suggestion, if using alpha channels, you might want to paint out beyond the edges to take care of texel mipmap errors. There are a bit of black edge aliasing by the ribs.

See tutorial here:
http://www.cgtextures.com/content.php?a ... me=alphabg

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-29-2013 07:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very nice indeed.
@Obs, damn sharp eyes!

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-29-2013 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Another cool skin, keep em coming! Have you done any weapon/item reskins?

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 05-29-2013 05:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm glad you like it, guys! :)

Good catch, obsidian! I can't believe I missed that, LOL. I'll keep it in mind for next time, since I also already submitted this version to the Worldspawn Archive.

I haven't done weapon skins before, but I've done props and level textures. However, those were for other games.

For Quake 3, I've only done models and skins. The models were made a long time ago though, and they are absolutely terrible! :owned:
I hope to do a new one sometime, though I have to find the time first. :D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.