Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        [QuakeLive] How to cellId key in advertisement entity?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: [QuakeLive] How to cellId key in advertisement entity?

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-27-2013 06:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nowhere is described cellId key in the advertisement entity as how to use it and what values are the valid...
If anybody know the secret and want to tell, hurry up.

I know the entity advertisement is made from a patch and is made non-solid in-game.
I know there's a key cellId and value is a number.
But don't know the key usage and what values are the valids.
If the compiler adds the key and valid value automatically, I should know it. I'm using Radiant 1.6.3

Geometry along the advertisement, editor shot

CellId value

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-27-2013 10:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Didn't we go over this before? In any case there's no known way to use cellId. It probably refers to preset numbers created by the devs and assigned to map names. The shit's hard-coded, no way around it that I know.

Off the top of my head there was a 666 tag used in a couple of training maps so maybe that one is worth a try. Other than that it's mission impossible.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-27-2013 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unless a map gets added officially to Quakelive, the advertisement entity will never actually be used anyway, and in the case that it is added, id will implement them properly themselves. So it's probably not worth worrying about. Just having the ad space there should be enough.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-28-2013 01:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I will try advertisement entity without and cellId value, if it will work...
Maybe compiler adds the value automatically generated, maybe it shows an error when loaded...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.