Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Looking for a Quake 2 map!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Looking for a Quake 2 map!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-31-2012 04:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello guys,

Not too long ago I purchased both expansions to Quake 2 on Steam. This brought back memories about the fun I had with Quake 2 MP. There was a specific map that I was really fond of. The problem is, I don't know who made it, what it was called or when it was released. Needless to say, I haven't found it yet. I was hoping that someone here might have the answer.

The map was basically a big cylinder with different tiers and lifts. There was lava or water on the bottom and it was quite popular back then. I know it's little to go on, but it's all I have.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 03-31-2012 06:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a custom Quake 2 SP map or a MP map?

For SP maps you might wanna start looking here : http://quake2.com/bestq2maps/sp_archives.htm

or here :

http://tenfourmaps.telefragged.com/php/ ... t=1&page=1

Good luck in your research, you'll need it :P

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-31-2012 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the links. It's a MP map btw!

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 03-31-2012 06:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That help as an indicator.... Tokay's Tower is the first one that come to my mind :

http://www.revilla.nildram.co.uk/tips-mapsq2-2.htm

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-31-2012 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a lot like that but I remember it as a single atrium map. This one has two. I also remember a different textureset. The color was green I think. Maybe it was an different take on this one or perphaps your right. I mean, it's been 13 years ago :D

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 03-31-2012 09:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have a look here. Lots of maps with screens of each.

http://maps.clanwos.org/maponserver/

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-31-2012 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

q2dm2 was also the first thing that came into my mind. But if it's just a single atrium then I can't say I've seen it.

Make a thread over at tastyspleen.net forums - they've seen thousands of weird and wonderful maps over the years so they might be able to help.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 05:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help. Very usefull links. I've been browsing a lot of maps and I haven't found it yet but atleast I got enough places to look now.

Thanks again!

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 10:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds like one of the Dreamcast maps. I don't have a link to them at hand.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 11:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:

He's asking for a Quake 2 map. Quake 2 was never released for the Dreamcast

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 11:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

maybe psx or n64

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-01-2012 11:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There is a map in the N64 version of Q2 called "Agony" which does have a single cylindrical atrium layout, though there is no water or lava.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-02-2012 04:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That could be. But I played this on the PC so if it's from an console, it had already been ported over back then.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-02-2012 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They've been converted over to the PC by peewee_rota, although they're only 3 years old, so if it's an older map then it is most likely something else.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 04-06-2012 08:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Speaking of Q2 custom maps, does anyone know where I can find the Eraser bot mod in a zip that is in the form of the mod in it's folder, rather than it being the 1.01 installer. That 1.01 installer doesn't work on the new computer that I bought. I had the mod on my last computer before it died ... I just never burnt it off because the disc drive on that computer was shot before it died. Custom maps aren't all that entertaining without a bot...

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 04-06-2012 08:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I do have the Eraser bot on my old cd of custom Quake 2 stuff, but it's in the form of an .exe, here' what I got for bots for Quake 2 :

acesetup.exe
crbot114.zip
cujo.zip
Eraser0320.exe
ice_10.zip
ogrebot.zip
qs-ebw_232full_msp.zip
rambot_v48a.zip
reaper.zip
shooter.zip
Tangential_160_Win32.zip

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-06-2012 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

v1l3 wrote:
Speaking of Q2 custom maps, does anyone know where I can find the Eraser bot mod in a zip that is in the form of the mod in it's folder, rather than it being the 1.01 installer. That 1.01 installer doesn't work on the new computer that I bought. I had the mod on my last computer before it died ... I just never burnt it off because the disc drive on that computer was shot before it died. Custom maps aren't all that entertaining without a bot...

http://www.mediafire.com/?jadcq7c8zj5tfib

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 04-06-2012 11:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The 3rd-Zigock Bot is a much better bot for Q2. You can find it here: http://users.jp.tri6.net/~ponpoko/3zb2097.zip

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 04-06-2012 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gladiator bot is the way to go imo. It's what Q3's bot code is based on.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-06-2012 12:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser bot is where I got my name from. My bro and a friend would mock me for playing the Eraser bot because unlike them, I didn't have a (good) internet connection. Their Mr Eraser bot diss stuck when I started playing online. Unfortunately it quickly turned out Eraser is a very, very common nickname, hence my regular use of the intentionally misspelled "Eraesr".

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 04-06-2012 12:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Damn NIN for making the nick Eraser too popular.. ;)

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 04-06-2012 02:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thx for the mod! :D

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 04-07-2012 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Scourge wrote:

He's asking for a Quake 2 map. Quake 2 was never released for the Dreamcast

Doh! My brain translated that to 3.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.