Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        getting two computer with devmap working

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: getting two computer with devmap working

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-29-2012 06:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello,

I am making a very small map, it is to the point where I want to start working with the play action. What is the best way to have two computer load up the same map, so you can have both us. and ger. (ET) playing? I tryed devmap, but could not get it to work. Do I have to make pk3 file to make it work???
One other thing I be having a problen with is having an object being distroyed by only dynamite. I have not found a tut for that.
thank you
sadsack

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-01-2012 01:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess you forgot to set /sv_pure 0.
Why would you want to test the different languages. Does it matter?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-02-2012 03:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't want different languages, I just want a us and a ger. in the map at the same time.
yes I did use /sv_pure 0. But I got it working.

Now I need to do the dynamite. I can make things blow up but anything(bullets, knive s-pack) will take the health away. When I go to the gate I want the dynamite HUD to come up. how do you do that????
Thank you
sadsack

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-02-2012 03:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

While people here are more than happy to answer any generic level editing questions, especially those involving id Tech and editor tools, I think your question might be a little more game specific since you are asking about entities that don't exist for Quake 3 Arena. You might have better luck asking on Splash Damage, they made W:ET and they have a community of people editing for the game:

http://forums.warchestgames.com/forumdi ... ng-Wolf-ET

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-03-2012 07:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thank you, but I no longer can get on Splash Damage, I can log in but that is it. About 3 week ago they went off line for a few days and then came back on. From that time on I could not post anything. So thank you for your help, I will try to fine another forum.
sadsack

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.