Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        map won't load

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: map won't load

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-17-2011 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great, so I did something REALLY stupid. I decided after learning all these new things, elevators, platforms, jump pads, to just make some funcs, targets, and triggers to read what they do. However I did so without creating a backup (mistake 1). Now when I load my map it goes through step one but then kicks me back to the main menu! I tried saving the rooms where I did NOT create the entities (pretty much all but the only spawn room I have), however that did nothing. Is there something I can do, or will I have to re-create my map? (If I must re-create it, since I now know the outline, it should only take about 2 out of 5 or so hours to get back to where I was before my fatal mistake) :disgust: :disgust: :disgust:

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-17-2011 06:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

solved. Someone told me to set com_hunkmegs to 128 and lo and behold that worked.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-21-2011 08:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Set com_hunkmegs to 1/3 of your physical memory. It defaults to 56mb from back in the day when most people had 128mb of RAM. If you've got 4GB or w/e, just set it to 512 and you should be fine.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.