Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Texture not displayed

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Texture not displayed

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-25-2011 04:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I tried to get the big guy into a map but the texture is not displayed. So here is a zip with the .gmax files, the .map and a pk3 that contain the models and its texture. So, if someone interested manage to get the texture to be displayed ingame he can keep the resources and put his name on it. And tellling me how he did would be a nice bonus.

the zip: http://serge.billault.pagesperso-orange.fr/Quake3/creature.zip

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-25-2011 05:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok, that's pretty damn cool looking. if it's a texture issue, I'm tempted to think it's also a shader issue, perhaps you could post your shader code?

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-25-2011 06:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I did not use shaders. I tried to make sur that everything i used is in the zip.
I'm going to try and see if it does not come from some texture stretching or something related to the size of the model....

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-25-2011 06:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I found: that was the texture name, i renamed it creature_tx.jpg and it worked.... dont ask, pffff

I will replace the zip linked in my first post with one that contain the model that work, and when it's done i will post here to say it's rdy for use.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I have re-uploaded the zip with the resources that make the texture to be displayed, depending on how well my isp does it should be available in seconds or in a minute (you will know you got the right zip because this one is smaller):

http://serge.billault.pagesperso-orange.fr/Quake3/creature.zip

I think it was better without the texture. Either someone make a good looking texture or i will make a more suitable one.

I re-re-uploaded the zip with a quick blur on the texture so that we puke less when looking at it:

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 02-25-2011 11:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Needs more cowbell-oh I mean Phong.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-26-2011 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Phong won't help, there are already smoothing groups and it's vertex lit. He needs to fix some of those really thin obtuse triangles.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.