Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Texture artist looking to collab!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Texture artist looking to collab!

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-17-2009 08:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi all Q3 mappers!

I'm an avid quake fan and all around maniac looking to collab on a quake map, DM / CTF / What-have-you. I'm also a bit of a modeler (still learning!) so I can make some (basic!) low poly objects, and of course textures.

I have a website with some quake stuff here: http://www.shotgun-graphics.com

If any of you would like ur own personal texture monkey drop me a line! I already have a stock of textures any of you can use on my website.

Thanks!

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-17-2009 09:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those are some pretty impressive looking textures there. I suppose they are all painted in Photoshop using a tablet and not photo sourced? At least that's what I gather from looking at your tutorials.

I see a lot of individual textures, do you have them as a complete set (with trims, doors, windows, lights, etc.)?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-17-2009 11:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No completed sets, but plenty of base material to make sets off. The normal-mapped stuff are actually more set-ready as it was done for doom3 mod (minus the next-gen stuff, of course), but creating sets is a no brainer once the base material is done.

Ideally, I'd like to create a very atmospheric map together with the mapper so the lighting n colors work together. Just need to find a mapper wanting to make something cool!

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-18-2009 05:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awesome stuff :up: Your environmental textures look amazing, you should get in contact with the ProMode people, I know they are looking for a quality texture artist to help them with PMX.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-18-2009 11:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks sock! I was considering contacting u personally for a collab because ur work is obviously so awesome. But you can take care of things urself so... ;)

I shall mingle with the promode people then.

Thanks!

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-18-2009 12:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@shotgun, yep very true, my artwork is not amazing but I am always trying to learn new ideas to get better at it. Good luck with PMX, a friendly bunch of people with a cool project.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-18-2009 05:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But don't forget to post some awesome texture packs here too... people here are always looking for new texture themes.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-20-2009 04:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great stuff, shotgun! Looking forward to see more of that kind in the future. :D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.