Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Q4 sky portal issue.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Q4 sky portal issue.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-20-2005 07:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doesn't matter what I do, where I place my sky portal area, how i texture it etc etc this problem happens.

What happens is that my sky portals work perfectly, but it draws every particle effect in the level over it, and i cant understand why?

Any ideas?

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 11-20-2005 07:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Use flat, black texture as a sky instead of caulk, skybox, etc. That's what d3w guys are saying :)

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-20-2005 08:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I did try that, but will give it another go :p

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-20-2005 08:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not working, still doing the samn damn thing, i just dont get it...

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 11-20-2005 08:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I will check it and let you know.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-20-2005 08:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks dude. At least I can carry on with the level until i find a fix. Its odd.

blaze a blaze
blaze a blaze
PostPosted: 11-20-2005 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Weird. It works even without this flatblack texture. I tried to reproduce your problem, but I coudn't - it worked properly or did not work at all.
Check the example map I've made and/or send me your level.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-20-2005 10:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks, ill check this, and if i have no luck i'll post the level.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.