Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Interchangeing model parts question.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Interchangeing model parts question.

It starts. I win. The end!
PostPosted: 10-23-2005 07:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hay all.

OK, simply put I want to put crashe's head on razor's body as a personal model. The reason I want to use crash's head is because doom's head is way too large and thus out of proportion with razor's body. Then I want to go into photoshop and repaint and retexture the .tga for crash's head and razors's body so they match.

So I guess it would be three questions here.

1. Is there a utility that will help me do this like the way Threewave lets you select your desired head and body seperately?

2. Is there a way to just use the wanted model files from each of them and combine the desired files in a new model folder and then make the needed changes to the .skin docs and .tga files to create the desired model?

3. Or will I have to use gmax or other modeling utility and import the .md3 parts that I want and the put them together and then totally reanimate them?

Any directions given to go with the best choice would be a great help as well.

Thanks.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 10-23-2005 07:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

\model razor
\headmodel crash

?

PostPosted: 10-23-2005 08:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, exactly.

Useing those commands make it look just the way I want it to other than needing to repaint and retexture the desired parts.

PostPosted: 10-23-2005 08:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How about this.

I can make models very well and I can do minor animation like I made a new model for the rocket and then animated it to rotate.

So I can make any level of complicated model, but I have never even tried when it comes to animateing complicated models.

Also I have no idea how to map a .tga texture onto a model.

So can anyone point me to a good tut for learning model animation and mapping textures onto models?

If it helps to know I use gmax.

Thanks.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.