Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        q3ctfp22 - server overload. my maverick servers comp map.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: q3ctfp22 - server overload. my maverick servers comp map.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-10-2011 09:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so this is my entry into the maverick servers comp: http://www.mediafire.com/?y92ag222bj29aa3
heres a few pics, the colour is washed out, for some reason the screenshots were really dark.

this map has been an interesting build i guess... in a lot of ways an example of what a lack of pre-production does to a level. i just kinda started building with no real vision in my head. i basically just thought, "right... im gonna make something fun to jump around." and this is basically what i made.

this build is very rough. any advice or feedback would be most appreciated.

cheers :up:

Last edited by fKd on 08-15-2011 03:13 AM, edited 1 time in total.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-11-2011 12:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fkd, I sent you mail (I think)

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 08-11-2011 12:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alas it's a CTF map ;)... very nifty design... makes me think of some interesting single player adventure where the player tries to navigate the map, trying to reach the top level and escape the "world".

Even though I like verticality, in single player games, where these are usually awe inspiring, in MP that always makes me cringe, since it leaves the player open to attack from so many directions. But then again I have no idea of what might work in CTF.

I like the ventilator set pieces, and those "wavy" (corrugated?) metal roof overhangs all over the place. Again those very high JPs make me cringe as well... better to ignore my cringing though.

I'll admit I am biased against CTF, but you might like to think about using the EntityPlus mod, to keep one base as it is mostly, remove or change the other base into something else, and create a single player adventure out of all the content already in there. I say this because most of the map is so detailed, that in single player you would appreciate the designs more and it could lead to interesting e.g. balcony views.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-11-2011 03:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it was jps or stair hell... its such a huge altitude change, but maybe i should build some cover for the jump...

as to the ent+ mod. its my next project after this is done. i started a thread a while back. im gonna rez it when i get underway. really looking forward to it.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-14-2011 12:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

right, heres my fixed up version for the comp. everything should be working... with any luck haha

http://www.mediafire.com/?y92ag222bj29aa3

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-15-2011 04:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's just perfect candidate for Entity Plus sp map :). DO IT :P! Really nice design.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-15-2011 02:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cheers shadow :D im thinking about it. ill prolly just steal elements from this and a few others like aeon suggested. but first things first, i gotta get ent plus to run. its crashing lots :(

i run the entplus.bat and it loads the title screen fine enough, but once i hit new game i get a full system lock down crash... hmmm its the latest version i believe.

still the idea of sp mapping is really exciting and i cant wait to get underway.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.