Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Geocomp 4 Submissions

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Geocomp 4 Submissions

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-20-2006 04:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's a copy & paste from Ld.

Quote:
Geocomp 4 has ended. Below you'll find all the submissions. We are currently missing one map, but as soon as I can reach the author, it will be added.

I want to thank all participants for their entry. Even though the contest wasn't as succesfull as we had hoped. I still feel very proud as to what you guys have submitted. I can find comfort in the fact, knowing that these beauties wouldn't have been released without the contest. So enjoy people!

Donkey - Never More

Foo - Red Warrior Shot The Food

Remnent - Rocket Arena

Shine - Simplicity

Stjartmunnen - Projectile Vomiting

A-Spec - q3compet1

Last edited by Infernis on 04-30-2006 11:57 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-20-2006 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looking good!

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 04-20-2006 01:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice stuff. couldn't decide what's best.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 04-21-2006 01:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

From the shots posted here, donks should win best geometry and Foo should win best map title :P

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-21-2006 02:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dONKEY - Never More

Classic dONKEY style map here, both visually and layout wise. Felt more solid than his previous geocomp map and looked tidier. Could almost call some of the corridors a little bland, but only in terms of colour (or lack of colour!) rather than geometry. Really love the floating bobbing steps, and extra points because the skybox had no seems on an ATI card :icon25:

Foo - Red Warrior Shot The Food

Great tourney map, probably the most fun to frag on, and the bots even play it quite well. Visually it's one of those maps that instantly looks a lot nicer in game than the screenshots can any give justice to. Really nice portal. I don't know if this was intended or not, but to me it had a Quake 1 feel to it.

Remnent - Rocket Arena

Fun map to mess around on for a while, but ultimately felt too tacky for a geocomp map due to psychedelic lighting, "traps", too many powerups/powerful weapons etc. The brush work didn't do anything for me either, felt a bit rough around the edges. Sorry to dis it a bit, just my opinion, and still a fun novelty map in its own right.

Shine - Simplicity

Like Foo's map, this looks a helluva lot nicer in-game than the screenshot. The style was very consistent and clean throughout, and the layout made for a fun game, though I found it a little on the large side in places (per corridor rather than overall).

Stjartmunnen - Projectile Vomiting

Unique looking map this one, especially with the colours; and makes nice use of Kell's skybox. Nicely lit too. It's a good map for exploring too, as you feel like there's something around every corner.. quite unusual for a "space map". Good use of horizontal and vertical flow. My only reservation is that the map felt somewhat chaotic, both aesthetically and when playing against bots. Overall a very nice release though.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-21-2006 10:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Best Geometry - dk
Best gameplay - Foo
Best map name - Me :p

Good review Myth and thanks for the kind words.

For a first release I say rookie of year goes to Shine :).

gg all!

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 04-21-2006 10:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

StartMunnen wrote:
For a first release I say rookie of year goes to Shine :).

gg all!

definately. i liked his colouring best (except for the choice of the skybox.)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-30-2006 11:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I updated the post above with the missing map by A-Spec.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-01-2006 05:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A-Spec's map looks interesting, but isn't that moving texture he used for the teleporters D3 artwork? I hope not...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.