Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        missQuakecon gets the shaft..

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: missQuakecon gets the shaft..

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.ggl.com/news.php?NewsId=1002

Quote:
So where are you rewarded for mediocrity? In gaming. But you apparently need breasts to cash in.

christ what a whiner. so they pay bigger money to the women than the men, big deal. anything to help get more girl gamers is a good move imo.

this guy needs to get laid and quit being such a hater.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shadd...ur an idiot...

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

your a hater geoff?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no but video games are equal...wtf r there even seperate tournies for women? i can beat the best quake whore out there....where's my cash? pathetic...

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey now boys take it easy you can split this popsickle

*snap

oh shit one side bigger :(

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

netrex wrote:
I agree with carmac on this. If you're gonna hold a tournament where most of the community for that game isn't allowed to compete, which obviously makes the skill level a lot lower than what it would have been if everybody was allowed to enter, why have so big prices?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shadd_ wrote:
your a hater geoff?

no, you actually are an idiot. instead of giving female gamers something to aim for (erm, not pun intended), they've just lowered the bar so they can stick pictures of breasts (real ones, not fat boy ones) on their promo material

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok sometime in the future that may be possible. right now girl gamers need incentive to play.

whoever put up the prize money can do whatever they like. get it?

i bet this move will garner a few more girl gamers to the scene. the more there are the more chances some exceptional ones will come along and be able to compete with the bigboys.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

to top it off, they're ugly pre-pubescent whores.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shadd_ wrote:
ok sometime in the future that may be possible. right now girl gamers need incentive to play.

no they don't. let them be girls. if you want a gamer g/f, you're sick in the head.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
shadd_ wrote:
your a hater geoff?

no, you actually are an idiot. instead of giving female gamers something to aim for (erm, not pun intended), they've just lowered the bar so they can stick pictures of breasts (real ones, not fat boy ones) on their promo material

gee i never thought of that. think some more faggot.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

esus christ, women finally get a chance at a bigger prize than the men and the shit hits the fan.

this must mean every single tourney in the future will have bigger prizes for women than men. :dork:

@juggy- no comment. :(

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

why get more money if u can't even compete? why not have a retarded only tourney for 100k? or maybe 200k under 5 tourney? or maybe a 1million k for fish?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

because it's a fucking novelty.

get it?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nope...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

btw...i won a q1 tourney against a dude in a wheel chair who smelled like urine...i almost kicked his ass for being so filthy...

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
btw...i won a q1 tourney against a dude in a wheel chair who smelled like urine...i almost kicked his ass for being so filthy...

i think they have probs with spillage occasionally. :shrug:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 09:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:

give him a break his dick only works once a year

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 10:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:

:olo:

http://esreality.com/?a=post&id=864926

They look quite normal actually.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, i figured they all looked like "suga"

:|

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shadd_ wrote:
seremtan wrote:
shadd_ wrote:
your a hater geoff?

you thought of it but arrived at the idiot conclusion anyway. think some less faggot

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 11:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
shadd_ wrote:
seremtan wrote:
shadd_ wrote:
your a hater geoff?

you thought of it but arrived at the idiot conclusion anyway. think some less faggot

was that a little growl? :olo:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 11:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shadd_ wrote:

i bet this move will garner a few more girl gamers to the scene. the more there are the more chances some exceptional ones will come along and be able to compete with the bigboys.

woman can not practice as much as we do guys.

they are too busy cooking, cleaning and buying stuff

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 11:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Azer wrote:
shadd_ wrote:

woman can not practice as much as we do guys.

they are too busy cooking, cleaning and buying stuff

Buying stuff - Yes. Cooking? Cleaning? You can't possibly be talking about American women.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 11:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
shadd_ wrote:

no they don't. let them be girls. if you want a gamer g/f, you're sick in the head.

there's wisdom in them juggs

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 12:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:

[xeno]emplate :olo:

Tweedledummer
Tweedledummer
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 12:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
So while males are - shock, horror! - victims of discrimination, females silently endorse tournaments where they can get some easy cash. By doing so, they unwillingly say yes to segregation and help etch those publicity stunts into gaming.

Yup. I'm an equal rights activist and this is bullshit. I suck up the room at Quake but I still play almost every day and if I had the chance to compete I would always pick the best player in the room to play against. I hate it when women get competitive w/ me just 'cuz I'm the other woman in the room. Just go after the best player ffs!!!

</end rant>

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 01:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only one image comes to mind from that article and most the tread here

Grow up ya damn dirty apes

But once i was finaly able to split the atom
i built me some bombs and droped them on every mother fucker that got in my way."

i like to program
i like to program
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

carmac wrote:
Though girls are allowed to compete with men

That's the best point there. Girls can compete in normal quakecon, so why make a new ms. quakecon just because they couldn't get past qualifying rounds? It's like the special olympics for quake.

Edit: Trito looks hot.

Tweedledummer
Tweedledummer
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 01:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

inolen wrote:
carmac wrote:
Though girls are allowed to compete with men

That's the best point there. Girls can compete in normal quakecon, so why make a new ms. quakecon just because they couldn't get past qualifying rounds? It's like the special olympics for quake.

Unfortunately, it really is sort of.... It's not like the actual olympics where men and women have different athletic advantages over each other (women are more flexible, men have better upper body strength, etc.) and so it makes sense for men and women to have separate events. In Quake everyone should play together. You're either good enough to qualify or you're not.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 01:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Iccy (temp) wrote:
Only one image comes to mind from that article and most the tread here

Grow up ya damn dirty apes

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shadd_ wrote:
seremtan wrote:
shadd_ wrote:
seremtan wrote:
shadd_ wrote:
your a hater geoff?

was that a little growl? :olo:

you can hear duhard's stomach from there?

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 03:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

inolen wrote:

Fuck yeah, I've seen her pics on esr and she's the new queen of quake.

hot++

Tweedledummer
Tweedledummer
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 04:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duhard wrote:
inolen wrote:

Fuck yeah, I've seen her pics on esr and she's the new queen of quake.

hot++

Really? I think Ms.X is cuter.... Although, she's dating Gopher it seems....

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.