Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Ping: Guild Wars Nerds

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your character can only lvl 20 times? Thats kinda lame.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Deathshroud wrote:

yeah but OMG THE PVP OWNZORZ

fucking guild wars.. :olo:

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not really.
It means that you can quickly reach the cap.
At least a third of the game's content is designed with top level in mind, so once you reach top level there's actually stuff for you to do!
Also, with PvP being a big feature in this game, people are on a level playing field. If you get beaten, it's down to bad skill choices or a lack of coordination; it is NOT down to the other team being higher level with better kit.
And there are still LOTS of things to aim for after reaching level 20.
As mentioned, Beo's been top level since almost the start, but I've still got loads of stuff to unlock with him if I want to. I can respec him to any other secondary class and proceed to get every normal and elite skill for that class if I so wish.
Levelling is for those with little skill, but lots of time to spare :P

In fact, I'd say that with all my characters, I have wanted to get to level 20 as quickly as possible, so as to get the monotonous level grinding out of the way and concentrate on the real meat of the game...

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Deathshroud wrote:

For now. You can still gather XP after level 20 but you don't physically level.

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Deathshroud wrote:

Go back to ganking mages prick.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr.Magnetichead wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:
Deathshroud wrote:

Go back to ganking mages prick.

Um.. ok?

my main is a mage.......

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, and SOAPboy's opinion is entirely worthless. He always feels the need to criticise the game whilst having very little experience of the final product.

Little does he realise that you don't have to slavishly dedicate your life to paying monthly for one game and one game only, tirelessly dismissing anything else that differs even slightly from this tired old formula.

Given time, he'll grow out of this, so I'm willing to forgive the occasional misinformed, immature outburst from our resident angst-meister.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Oh, and SOAPboy's opinion is entirely worthless. He always feels the need to criticise the game whilst having very little experience of the final product.

Little does he realise that you don't have to slavishly dedicate your life to paying monthly for one game and one game only, tirelessly dismissing anything else that differs even slightly from this tired old formula.

Given time, he'll grow out of this, so I'm willing to forgive the occasional misinformed, immature outburst from our resident angst-meister.

So, since CLOSED beta, to release, i have no real experiance..

Gotcha..

When it goes to 20 bucks, ill pick it up to dick with it, but by no means is it a 'great' game..

I am now sick.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hook, line and sinker.
Notice I said final product.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Hook, line and sinker.
Notice I said final product.

Yep, since it changed SOOO much in 1 week from end of beta..

again, the gameplay hasent changed, its still gay instanced PvE with no real world interaction..

I am now sick.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Um, no computer game offers real world interaction...
I think what you're trying to say, in your rather limited way, is that you can't run into other players whilst in an explorable area or mission.
Fine by me.
That's not all it's cracked up to be anyway.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
I think what you're trying to say, in your rather limited way, is that you can't run into other players whilst in an explorable area or mission.
Fine by me.

Which is exactly why i play MMOs, so i can SEE and TALK TO other people OUTSIDE of fucking towns..

If i want to play with a handful of people and only them, ill play diablo or dungeon siege..

I am now sick.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And as far as I can tell, this is your only true problem with the game. Not really a valid reason for dismissing it outright, is it?
Especially when it doesn't sell itself as an MMO in the first place.

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Mat Linnett wrote:
Fine by me.

Which is exactly why i play MMOs, so i can SEE and TALK TO other people OUTSIDE of fucking towns..

If i want to play with a handful of people and only them, ill play diablo or dungeon siege..

GW isn't an MMO in that same way that Diablo isn't an MMO. The fact you're not paying a monthly fee should have been the first thing to make that obvious. Retard.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
And as far as I can tell, this is your only true problem with the game. Not really a valid reason for dismissing it outright, is it?
Especially when it doesn't sell itself as an MMO in the first place.

I dislike the spell and talent system.. IE i get to take 8 with me, um, no, i learned them all i want them available at all times, even if i have to sit and "read' them to re-add them to my useable spells..

I dislike the races, wow, humans, great..

I dislike how everything is instanced..

I dislike how everyone looks the fucking same constantly..

I dislike the "channel" system..

No World PVP, just "instanced" pvp

I am now sick.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr.Magnetichead wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:
Mat Linnett wrote:
Fine by me.

GW isn't an MMO in that same way that Diablo isn't an MMO. The fact you're not paying a monthly fee should have been the first thing to make that obvious. Retard.

Right, i realize it ISNT technicly a MMO, the fact is, its boarderline and terribly close to being one, its massive, and its a multiplayer online role playing game.. thus falling into the "MMO" genre..

Im sorry i hurt your goth feelings and all, but yeah, the game is fucking SHIT compaired to any REAL mmo title..

I am now sick.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you don't like the "8 skills at any one time" system, you really don't get the point of the game...

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Mr.Magnetichead wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:
Mat Linnett wrote:
Fine by me.

Wow you managed to contradict yourself within the space on two paragraphs. Grats.

Right, i realize it ISNT technicly a MMO, the fact is, its boarderline and terribly close to being one, its massive, and its a multiplayer online role playing game.. thus falling into the "MMO" genre..

Im sorry i hurt your goth feelings and all, but yeah, the game is fucking SHIT compaired to any REAL mmo title..

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 07:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah, its not really even close to being a mmo.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 08:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm willing to accept the faults in the game as it stands (uninspired drops, pre-searing can grate after a while, PvE players aren't on a level playing field with PvP players in PvP yet due to bad drops, etc.), but I will dismiss anybody wanting the game to be something it clearly isn't as an idiot.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 08:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:

Only because they "say its not"

If the world wasent instanced, it would be a full blown MMO and it would of failed if you had to pay to play.. hell thats the only reason its still going now, its free to play online..

I am now sick.

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 08:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
DooMer wrote:

If the world wasent instanced, it would be a full blown MMO and it would of failed if you had to pay to play.. hell thats the only reason its still going now, its free to play online..

If the world wasn't instanced your only real objection would be that you can only be loaded with 8 skills at a time.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 08:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr.Magnetichead wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:
DooMer wrote:

If the world wasn't instanced your only real objection would be that you can only be loaded with 8 skills at a time.

other than the fact that its lacking races, as well as other small things, yes..

I am now sick.

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 08:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Races? Oh ok, you can have this blue humanoid, this green humanoid, this purple humanoid, this short humanoid, this dead humanoid and oh...this cow humanoid.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 09:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr.Magnetichead wrote:
Races? Oh ok, you can have this blue humanoid, this green humanoid, this purple humanoid, this short humanoid, this dead humanoid and oh...this cow humanoid.

wtf are you going on about..

:icon29:

I am now sick.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 09-06-2005 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The thing that turns me off is the utterly dull item drops

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.