Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        wtf is this? Quake 4?... dont think so..

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: wtf is this? Quake 4?... dont think so..

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 08-11-2005 01:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.gamershell.com/download_10247.shtml

Download that official movie,just released.

Ok, this dosent look good at all.. and no im not talking about visuals.. but look at the placement of the weapon, how he holds it..
then look at how stiff the enemy's look..and the way they die?
The game feels like 2003 and something like CHROME... infact, it looks like a sequel to CHROME.. :icon33:

This looks nothing like Quake and it looks like the Quake "feel" is just not there... it looks like it feels more like Soldier of fortune 2 in space.
I dont know... :paranoid:
What do you think? :icon6:

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 08-11-2005 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How did you manage to miss the 4 page thread mere centimeters from this very threads location on the 1st page of this forum?

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 08-11-2005 02:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr.Magnetichead wrote:
How did you manage to miss the 4 page thread mere centimeters from this very threads location on the 1st page of this forum?

Give him some slack...I smashed his emotions so hard in pro-T4 it'll take the poor man years to recover from the destruction I unleashed on his soul.

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 08-11-2005 02:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So it's because of you he beats his kids?

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 08-11-2005 02:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr.Magnetichead wrote:

probably...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-11-2005 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i like how duhard has been dining out on this 'i beat reef at q3' story for quite some time now. leave the bedroom perhaps?

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 08-11-2005 02:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
i like how duhard has been dining out on this 'i beat reef at q3' story for quite some time now. leave the bedroom perhaps?

...what's your story?

...being jealous of my stories?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 01:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know, i agree a bit with reef...

I've watched the web movie a few times now, of the SP part in the trenches, and it seems very slapped together... You have your marine with the bog standard, seen before machinegun, walking down a trench, then a guy flies past you tricking you into thinking physics are gonna be used more. Then you have your standard marine banter and your fight fire fight, which is, well, shit. The AI on show is really, really poor. More or less a direct rip of the Doom 3 AI, in other words "Shoot at him and run, if he shots back, side step a bit to make it look like im smart, but then keep running". There isn't anything smart done with AI, and they cant say "they are zombies they dont need to be smart" this tim either.

Then you get the worst part of the video... The guy shoots a strogg in front of him to which the strogg turns around, and stands perfectly still, like a bug. Then the marine shoots him, and he flies off... Showing the poor physics of the doom engine again, over use of rag doll.

Its just that there is so much good, and so much potential in this game, yet i keep seeing things that bring it down...?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 01:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh and BTW, i just confirmed something that had been worrying me. You know how doom 3's enemies just went "pop" as soon as you killed them?

Same happens here too.

If you look at the start of the video, you get two marines. One of them gets knocked over and gets back up, the other flies high over and dies. Take a look at that second or so as we see around that corner for the first time, and you see the marine turn into some kind of green smoke... It does take a few seconds to do it, but that really spoils the fun :( Plus no gibbing, lol.

EDIT: Yeah, you see a strogg fall down and do the same in the next fire fight... lame... Oh well, time for more mods to fix this...

Yay, thanks for lsitening there guys.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 01:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only thing that looks shit is the AI, but if it's like d3's it will still be better than a lot of the games out. gaymespot says the tactical transfers are the elite ones with squad tactics.

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 02:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd rather have a high frame rate than a load of bodies lying around

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 02:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr.Magnetichead wrote:

I dont have children.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 02:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
You know, i agree a bit with reef...

Thank you o'dium, and i agree with ur explanation.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 02:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it also doesn't look like daytime.. everything is still dark.. the strogg look blended into the background..

IMPRESSIVE
IMPRESSIVE
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 02:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reefsurfer wrote:
Mr.Magnetichead wrote:

I dont have children.

That's because you beat them...TO DEATH.

God I'm good.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 05:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr.Magnetichead wrote:

God I'm good.

Would never hurt a child.. so stop making fun of it... your not funny.

thx.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 06:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr.Magnetichead wrote:
I'd rather have a high frame rate than a load of bodies lying around

Id rather have a magical cvar that changes it to off, or a time delay...

But you know those kind of things are IMPOSSIBLE to add, impossible i tell thee!!

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 06:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

odium doesn't like it

PostPosted: 08-12-2005 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duhard wrote:
Mr.Magnetichead wrote:

Give him some slack...I smashed his emotions so hard in pro-T4 it'll take the poor man years to recover from the destruction I unleashed on his soul.

christ yet another pile of complete wank :olo:

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 07:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Testoclesius wrote:

I posted the screenie in r&r...you've seen it.

Now cry me a fucking river and sit down...I got more "retarded" screenies coming your way Mister Wank.

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 07:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake 4: Unreal Tournament

:dork:

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 07:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

reefsurfer wrote:
Quake 4: Unreal Tournament

:dork:

Well if you watched the video of that stoopid kid who plays just like our resident moron, Testo, well don't be surprised it looks slow and UTish.

But wait until you see someone who can actually strafe jump and double jump properly and you'll be blown away.

PostPosted: 08-12-2005 07:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Duhard wrote:
Testoclesius wrote:

I posted the screenie in r&r...you've seen it.

Now cry me a fucking river and sit down...I got more "retarded" screenies coming your way Mister Wank.

yeah mate big fucking deal you posted the screenshot in r&r and wanked on about beating a retard like queefslurper over and over and over again showing just how low your standards are you utterly skilless newbie :olo:

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 07:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mr.Magnetichead wrote:
reefsurfer wrote:
Mr.Magnetichead wrote:

I dont have children.

God I'm good.

Jeez, what interrock did you ecrawl back out from iunder?

freakzilla
freakzilla
PostPosted: 08-12-2005 04:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Testoclesius wrote:
yeah mate big fucking deal you posted the screenshot in r&r and wanked on about beating a retard like queefslurper over and over and over again showing just how low your standards are you utterly skilless newbie :olo:

Well at least I wanked on about something that actually happened instead of talking through my ass like you do each time you post you fucking moron :olo:

It's okay to be jellus...too bad the only thing you can do about it is to shove it up your ass :olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.