Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Windows MCE 2005 Alternatives...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-30-2005 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hehe its not 700 man

but hey i only sayd one word and got jugg all frothy

thats worth a larf :dingdingding:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-30-2005 10:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

heh :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-30-2005 11:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

allright, kind of an update..

Media Portal Crashed on me twice thus far.. and the Guide is a steeming pile of wank..

on the upside! its got motherfuckin tetris to use inbetween the crash's!

anyone got anything to help get the Guide working correctly?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-01-2005 12:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Beyond TV looks a LITTLE more promising.. allthough the interface looks like a pice of fuck. ( litterly) but the guide is still not working! >:E

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 07-01-2005 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained wrote:
hehe its not 700 man

show me a price then plained

tell froogle that, not me. i even saw some for $1000+

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-01-2005 07:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AMIDAH!!!1 :icon32:

I dunno if you noticed my thread, but I've been looking into TV Tuner cards and software to be able to bla bla bla.
Thread here: http://www.quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6878

Now, being a newbie at this, I found this: http://www.gbpvr.com/
Dunno if it's what you're looking for, but in the off chance it can help, there's the link. I'm looking for the same thing you are. Just need the TV Tuner now. :p

GL on your hunt. :icon14:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 07-01-2005 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
plained wrote:
hehe its not 700 man

show me a price then plained

tell froogle that, not me. i even saw some for $1000+

:lol:

its a server system and cant be gotton alone.

its all changed now tho.

diff card and windows media ceter :eee:

http://www.vaiopro.sony-europe.com/viva ... n_high.pdf

i didnt look what version that pdf is from cause i got pissed off at that acrobat crap that wont fuck right off.

theres more to iut as well

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-01-2005 09:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AmIdYfReAk wrote:
Beyond TV looks a LITTLE more promising.. allthough the interface looks like a pice of fuck. ( litterly) but the guide is still not working! >:E

Then get creative.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-01-2005 10:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

79DieselRabbit wrote:
AmIdYfReAk wrote:

Then get creative.

WE'll We'll.. That kinda helped.. there is a webbased Guide thing there, But Sadly it sucks balls.

trans: i allready looked at your thread.. im not sure how those PVR cards stackup to be truthfull with you. Persionally i have a ATI theater 550 PRO PCi Card.. ( simply because i heard it was the BEST among the BEST )

I will continue to try these out, and post the findings here..

Ohh, and btw. Beond TV3 EAts on AVG 45% of my 1.8ghz CPU wile Watching TV.. wile MCE2005 and Media portal Eat about 8%..

kind of an interesting find.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-01-2005 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this is using GbPVR..

Overall, im kinda impressed, The menu leaves a little lacking, when you are on the guides and shit you need to specify if you want to watch or record ( everytime Reguardless of time )

Overall, this is one of the beter ones ( i say the best of the 3 ) and getting the Guide working was pritty painless ( after a Free registration at Zap2it ).

Other then that, this is a pritty stand up app..

i am going to see what else is available.

thanks for the input guys.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-01-2005 11:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a new virsion of mediaportal just came out ( Litterly JUST came out ), 1.3.0Pre

Overall, it uses a fair amount less cpu, but i'm still getting the same pain in the ass when it comes to getting the Fucking Guide to display properly....

Moving on..

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 07-13-2005 07:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I seemed to have fixed my stability issue it's been up for over a week with no problems at all.

How are you making out on your quest for a stable media center?
[lvlshot]http://pages.prodigy.net/dpfalandys/Files/mypc/mediacenter/MCEuptime.jpg[/lvlshot]

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.