Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Mass Effect: Androgyny

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Mass Effect: Androgyny

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-19-2017 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

animators still can't get eyes right :|

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-19-2017 12:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Animations, voice acting, and cutscene rigging have been godawful in all the Mass Effect games. This time around the writing is total garbage too and for a game that relies so much on dialogue and face to face interactions, it's a disaster.

EA killed Bioware :down:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-19-2017 01:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually I've played all 10hrs of the trial and thought it was great. The combat was excellent.

This is about the most honest review I've seen

The problem is Memphis types. Its not good enough for someone to not just buy a game if they don't like it. They have to start Gamergate 2.0 smear campaign and personally hunt down everyone involved to try and get them fired. The liberal fake news sjw cucks are ruining my games!
The animations aren't great but its blown way out of proportion and the story is fine.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-19-2017 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have seen mixed reviews so far. RPS seemed to hate the early hours, and Kotaku was hesitantly optimistic. Then I saw the .gifs of fucked animations, but a few articles said there were few actual instances of that being an issue in the game.

All I can say right now is I'm glad I finally stopped pre-ordering games. :up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-19-2017 02:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
A potential drama llama stampede approaches... ( '_' )

Lead by the Llama Lord himself. You're trying too hard, bro.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-19-2017 02:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
articles said there were few actual instances of that being an issue in the game.

It's a non issue. I never saw any of that playing it. If it weren't for the stupid gifs I wouldn't have even looked twice at the dumb faces. Like Mazda said, it was never Biowares strong suit to begin with.

There is a story going around that the lead animator was a feminist who was only hired to fill a diversity quota and shes the reason EVERYTHING SUCKS. $44 million game with hundreds of people working on it and these inter-sleuths narrowed it down.
They harassed this woman on twitter till she removed the info from her bio and Bioware had to publicly defend her.

It's the pizzagate loving anti-sjw army out in full force trying to smear the game devs and everyone involved. Every tweet or youtube video comment is infested by them. All over a $60 piece of entertainment. No wonder they shut down the bioware forums.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-19-2017 03:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Animations, voice acting, and cutscene rigging have been godawful in all the Mass Effect games. This time around the writing is total garbage too and for a game that relies so much on dialogue and face to face interactions, it's a disaster.

I think a lot of the issues can be chalked up to it being a brand new studio. Essentially Bioware's B team, while the A team is working on a totally new IP.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-19-2017 07:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
It's the pizzagate loving anti-sjw army out in full force trying to smear the game devs and everyone involved. Every tweet or youtube video comment is infested by them. All over a $60 piece of entertainment. No wonder they shut down the bioware forums.

They really need to start teaching internet basics in school, specifically about anonymity and etiquette, if they aren't already. Shit gets nasty when there's a barrier between you and the person you're talking to, especially if you think nobody's looking.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-19-2017 07:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:

I think a lot of the issues can be chalked up to it being a brand new studio. Essentially Bioware's B team, while the A team is working on a totally new IP.

Memph-type virgins aside, I thought the animations and AI looked pretty bad based on the gameplay footage long before release. I'll probably get it once it's heavily discounted because of EA.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-19-2017 08:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, they were definitely awkward in that first trailer. I hope they fixed that at least.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-19-2017 10:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis used to be such a chilled out poster, but he gets angry about anything these days. So I was thinking, what happened to him? I think I have the answer.

Memphis wrote:
your posts being such cancer

Memphis wrote:
Shame the DLC / MP model is cancer

Memphis wrote:
cancelled cancer treatment

Memphis wrote:
'cos Denuvo is cunting cancer

Memphis wrote:
Oh and Denuvo is computer cancer

Memphis wrote:
and Scotland will overwhelmingly vote Cancer

Memphis wrote:
Neo-liberals are worse than cancer

Memphis wrote:
That woman is cancer

Memphis wrote:
utterly effortless dross that floats along the murky pond of mostly cancer that is Greenlight

Memphis wrote:
Cancer cancer, maiden fair!

Memphis wrote:
Now we make the disabled work for benefits and the sick 'justify their cancer'

Memphis wrote:
I'd be unlikely to wanna sit around and wait for brain cancer to do it's thang

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-19-2017 10:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^lol

One of my biggest issues is that the male voice actor sounds just like Nolan North. That guy is everywhere..

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 12:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
some of those quotes are actually talking about cancer, you ebola

Nah, I skipped those that are actually contextually appropriate

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 12:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
I'll probably get it once it's heavily discounted because of EA.

Probably not a bad idea. Reviews just dropped and most make it sound mediocre. Looks like a cash grab to fund the new IP. Sad!

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 01:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
vid

Wow those animations really are quite bad. Think the akward running might be a Ministry of Silly Walks reference?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 01:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's strange how such the return of such a huge IP is being handled by a B team :confused:

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 04:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am disappoint

DX:HR was the game that finally taught me not to pre-order

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 09:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Memphis wrote:
some of those quotes are actually talking about cancer, you ebola

Nah, I skipped those that are actually contextually appropriate

To be fair, he defines the cancer in some of those quotes and they actually are cancer, or aids. Cancerous aids.

He then makes a thread about something that is a topic of discussion, that seemingly quite a few people agree with the point made, then gets 'cucked'.

This isn't the 1st game slated for shoddy animations n all, Assassins creed ?, that didn't have any cuck backlash but cos it's Memph *shakes fist*

It being Biowares B team, or it being a non issue isn't a valid excuse either.

Our resident poster who tried a personal attack to defend the game went from this

shaft wrote:
Actually I've played all 10hrs of the trial and thought it was great. The combat was excellent.

The problem is Memphis types. Its not good enough for someone to not just buy a game if they don't like it. They have to start Gamergate 2.0 smear campaign and personally hunt down everyone involved to try and get them fired. The liberal fake news sjw cucks are ruining my games!
The animations aren't great but its blown way out of proportion and the story is fine.

To this n all

shaft wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:
I'll probably get it once it's heavily discounted because of EA.

Probably not a bad idea. Reviews just dropped and most make it sound mediocre. Looks like a cash grab to fund the new IP. Sad!

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 09:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^except he made it about "racism and incompetent hires" in his first post as well as the topic title, his typical anti-sjw cultural implosion bullshit that he shitposts everywhere. He was of course subtly referencing all the points that I brought up.

My initial impression stand on the 10 hours I played. What changed since that last post was the review embargo expired of people who played the entire game. I still bought it, so take it however you will.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 09:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apparently they were incompetent hires ?, no idea with the racism but neither of you has hardly brought anything else to the table.

I took the OP as the game got slated (bad animation, needless customisation etc), there was a backlash and now it's being blamed on bad press from the anti SJWs - Ghostbusters style, then you tootled along with 'yep, it was the anti SJWs / smear campaign' n all that shite.

Last edited by losCHUNK on 03-20-2017 10:03 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 10:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its cute you're trying to naive to Memphis point, but having an entirely new studio work on a game has nothing to do with a specific employee singled out and harassed over animations. Anyone who has read any of the news surrounding the release knows this was the "incompetent hire" he was referring to.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe he was singling out just one of the problems ?, it's not the only thing he mentioned. He also said 'hires'.

Tis not his fault you think the whole world is purposefully naive. There might have been a reference, that was worth referencing as I wasn't aware of any backlash, but he's not the one trying to blame it on anti SJWs and claiming it to be a non issue and that it was a great game. Apparently falling into the exact corporate defence - Ghostbusters style, that he alluded to.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 10:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
it's being blamed on bad press from the anti SJWs - Ghostbusters style, then you tootled along with 'yep, it was the anti SJWs / smear campaign' n all that shite.

yes, undue criticism everywhere over androgynous women characters, space gays and so called racism towards white people. This isn't new and it has infested their social media to the point that they shut down their forums. All things that memphis referenced in his first post. Sure the animations aren't that great but it was blown 10x out of proportion by people looking to shit on a game they already hated.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welcome to the internet, Pewdie Pie got jumped on for hating on Jews, but that's ok innit ?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 10:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, now lets deconstruct everything and argue the nuances of what everyone meant in context to all the news surrounding the develo......*eyes glaze over*

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 10:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've always thought ME games were pretty bad :shrug:

I wish the internet wasn't such a dick about it though. I hope Bioware/that employee brings lawsuits against the people being assholes.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
yeah, now lets deconstruct everything and argue the nuances of what everyone meant in context to all the news surrounding the develo......*eyes glaze over*

Nah, lets stick them all in one basket and say none of their opinions matter, they're a smear campaign, it's a non issue and that the game is great.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 10:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't say any of that and I was addressing Memphis's post and his ilk who bring that up ad nauseam. In fact I posted a video myself with criticisms and referenced that bad reviews that came out last night by people who actually played the game. Great job falling back into your red font, dumb twat devils advocate routine though. Time to go back to ignoring you.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

... They have to start Gamergate 2.0 smear campaign and personally hunt down everyone involved to try and get them fired.

shaft wrote:
Transient wrote:
articles said there were few actual instances of that being an issue in the game.

It's a non issue...It's the pizzagate loving anti-sjw army out in full force trying to smear the game devs and everyone involved

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No normal person really gives a shit about the cuckadoodledoo memph posted. To me the game looks disappointing and mediocre because it looks disappointing and mediocre, not because of "incompetent hires" or "racist staff" which is just memph and the rest of the angry reddit fedorales trying to stick their inverted knobs into everything to try and make another gender/race conflict.

It must really suck going through life always trying to get angry and depressed about shit that doesn't matter. EA and Bioware failed to make a good video game, so don't play it and get on with your life. Or just kill yourself, no one cares.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
No normal person really gives a shit about the cuckadoodledoo memph posted.

Shaft does

BTW after seeing some of the devs tweets, it's some pretty racist shit...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 11:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shaft is replying to memph's incessant whining in this thread, I don't think he's following this devastating news with fervor.

I googled the racist devs tweets and only found one instance of some mentally-challenged Indian who worked for Bioware. Is that the guy you're talking about? He seems like a complete piece of shit but is he the only one? Looks like he even got fired so good riddance.

The same search also revealed the identity of one of the main writers and the lead facial animator. They look white to me...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 11:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Shaft is replying to memph's incessant whining in this thread, I don't think he's following this devastating news with fervor.

I googled the racist devs tweets and only found one instance of some mentally-challenged Indian who worked for Bioware. Is that the guy you're talking about? He seems like a complete piece of shit but is he the only one? Looks like he even got fired so good riddance.

By incessant whining in this thread I assume you mean his opening post where he says the game is suffering a backlash because X ?

Followed by some constructive discussion then Shafts autism ?

And yea, that's the dude - lead designer ?, he also attacked his potential fanbase, so the backlash towards the company isn't so surprising having brought them into disrepute. It's why I mentioned Pewdiepie and the hoards of people trying to get him fired, but that was ok, innit ?

And yea, she looks white as fuck.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 01:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Actually you misread my post, "in this thread" is defining the location where Shaft is replying to the OP, not that OP has been whining several times in this thread. We all know his whining is spread out through the rest of this messageboard. Like cancer :smirk:

Regarding backlash, where is it coming from? Sweaty reddit nerds? I have tons of gaming friends and none of their lives seem to be in turmoil like memph and all the other triggered snowflakes who are always looking for something to get offended by.

How about they just don't give their money to EA and find another hobby?

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 03-20-2017 02:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
I've always thought ME games were pretty bad :shrug:

I wish the internet wasn't such a dick about it though. I hope Bioware/that employee brings lawsuits against the people being assholes.

Funny thing is that ME 2 and 3 are the games I have spent most hours in (after Quake 3 of course). No, the games weren't perfect at all. But the action with the storytelling was gripping enough to let me play it for 50-60 hours. Which I NEVER do, because I just don't have that time anymore.

I'll be playing ME Andromeda, but not pre-ordering it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.