Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Dutcheelections

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Dutcheelections

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-12-2017 09:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

:cucktriggeringicon:

Eh, not really

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-12-2017 09:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

With the Dutch set up I don't think he can actually win even if he wins ?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-12-2017 10:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Time shall tell. Already, anything to do with him has been censored across the board on social media, so Streisand may lay down another round of slappage yet. Or if the Rotterdam riots got national coverage (dunno tbh). Could even depend how involved 4chan are, lol? ( '_' )

What have you been smoking?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-12-2017 10:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
With the Dutch set up I don't think he can actually win even if he wins ?

A number of political parties have already said they wouldn't work together with him, so unless he gets an absolute majority (which is highly unlikely), he'd have to rely on coalitions with smaller parties on a per-issue basis, which is really hard to pull off. All that is of course assuming he will become the biggest party after these elections. If not, the biggest party (that reserves the right of being the leading party in setting up a coalition to form a cabinet) could simply exclude him from talks.

Also, even if Wilders had a majority in our House of Representatives (for lack of a better term), he still lacks support in the Senate, so his most outrageous plans will be shot down there anyway.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-12-2017 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, I seen that pretty much all parties (apart from 1) have refused to form a government with him and that there's never been a majority party in government, so rely on coalitions ?. Which means even if he does win the vote and everyone refuses to work with him then the chance to form a government goes 2nd place, I assume.

Why can't the Dutch get an overall majority though ?, is it simply the number of parties and the diversity of the voters ?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-12-2017 11:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

when was the Netherlands ever great?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-12-2017 11:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
when was the Netherlands ever great?

About 40 years ago and ever since?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-12-2017 12:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

She is delightful

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-12-2017 01:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Why can't the Dutch get an overall majority though ?, is it simply the number of parties and the diversity of the voters ?

I think diversity is a major factor. We're spoiled for choice. There's your traditionally blue collar parties (like PvdA and SP), traditional white collar parties (like VVD), Christian oriented parties (like CDA and CU), progressive left (GL and PvdD) and of course your extreme right like PVV.

This year in particular there's large number of splinter parties that get a lot of exposure and actually are in the race for 1 or even 2 seats in the House of Representatives. It's not much and mostly doesn't give them all that much influence, but it does eat away seats from the bigger established parties).

The system does prevent the idiosyncrasies we see resulting from the American bipartisan system but it also means that decisions made are always some sort of middle-of-the-road solution to keep everyone somewhat happy. It means that if you vote, you have to realize that regardless of the outcome of the elections, the party you voted for will never be able to fully follow up on their campaign promises.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-12-2017 05:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
would lick her bean like a dog on a mosquito bite :|

No you wouldn't you smelly virgin.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-13-2017 02:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Personally i think Wilders will not win as big as is currently projected. The polls that are behind this are all based on classical models, some have under a 1000 respondents which is not a very big number, others around 3000 that are payed a small amount to give their opinion on political parties for a longer duration, say, a year. Then there's one that takes the average of all the other polls and presents that as data. Whey.

This is simply not how things work anymore, see the Brexit and US election polls that were just incredibly wrong. Polling needs to reinvent itself and use data beyond what they get their hands on now. I'm thinking social media likes and far more detailed models of people's preferences based on that, it's been done and proven to work far more effectively.

Anyways, i predict massive gains for the Green party, who have a charismatic youngster in charge and have adopted Bernie Sanders style 'meetups' that draw very large crowds indeed. He's got my vote and it would be awesome if they like, tripled in size or something :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-13-2017 03:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
I'm thinking social media likes

In that case DENK will be the biggest party :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-13-2017 03:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep, looks like I'm going green once again as well :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-13-2017 03:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can you lay out some of their policies here for us to check out?

I always consider the Dutch to be incredibly progressive so it'll be interesting to see what's on the table.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-13-2017 04:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
I always consider the Dutch to be incredibly progressive

I used to consider the dutch as progressive as well, but that progressiveness has been seriously stifled the past 10 or so years.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-13-2017 04:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Closing coal powerplants using those freed up funds to build windmills on sea, investing in green wastedisposal, higher tax for large corporations to fund privately held corporations, to name a few.

how much of these things will actually come to fruition is anyones guess because of what Eraser explained, but hey.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 10:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think the only thing Q3W is interested in is the fact that want to legalize production, distribution, ownership and use of softdrugs like marijuana.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 10:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I actually went and voted GroenLinks as well by the way. Was considering PvdA for a while (their political ideas don't differ all that much) but PvdA feels a bit too stuffy and boring-old-men-in-suits compared to GL.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 11:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i think there'll be a coalition government, with the PVV not in it :!:

#easypredictions

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 12:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte's party has won the most seats in parliamentary elections, first exit polls say.
His centre-right VVD Party won 31 out of 150 seats, polls suggest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39285803

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 01:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

80% turnout, nice. :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 02:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

press F to pay respects

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Poor Gert

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wtf is up with that image anyway ?, they took a perfectly good picture then smudged it to fuck.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 08:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Question to Dutch0s: is the centre-right still right-wing or is it a completely useless moniker like labour/democrat/christian social?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 10:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol pvv 2nd biggest party?
I blame the whole Turkey affair.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 10:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Question to Dutch0s: is the centre-right still right-wing or is it a completely useless moniker like labour/democrat/christian social?

We'll have to see. The centr-right moved more to the right in their statements and the amount of focus on issues like immigration. The thing is though, that this is a result of Geert Wilders attracting voters with his discriminatory ideals. The center parties kind of felt the need to start adopting some of his style to attract those same voters.

Now that Wilders is pretty much guaranteed to be an opposition party, the undoubtful center right coalition we'll get doesn't need to be all that righwing oriented. It remains to be seen what their policies are going to be.

Still though, there is a pretty clear difference on a number of issues with the left.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 11:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dutch voting ballot

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 11:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:

We'll have to see. The centr-right moved more to the right in their statements and the amount of focus on issues like immigration. The thing is though, that this is a result of Geert Wilders attracting voters with his discriminatory ideals. The center parties kind of felt the need to start adopting some of his style to attract those same voters.

Now that Wilders is pretty much guaranteed to be an opposition party, the undoubtful center right coalition we'll get doesn't need to be all that righwing oriented. It remains to be seen what their policies are going to be.

Still though, there is a pretty clear difference on a number of issues with the left.

Shame that they would pander to Dutch memphs, but there's still hope for Europe if they remain firmly opposed to Wilders. Just need Le Pen to also get fucked.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 11:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Dutch voting ballot

We had 8 candidates to choose from in the last Finnish federal elections. I read the Dutch had 28 parties in these elections? That's crazy (in a good way).

Multiple choices and an educated citizenry? What is this blasphemy :paranoid:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-15-2017 11:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Dutch voting ballot

I think I see Stein and Johnson on there...

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-16-2017 12:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Multiple choices and an educated citizenry?

Educated? VVD is the biggest party, PVV the second biggest :(

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-16-2017 01:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the larger cities mostly voted left though. too bad thats not the bulk of the population.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-16-2017 01:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, that's pretty much always the case i think.

At least GroenLinks did very well. Just not as well as i'd hoped.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-16-2017 02:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The green bar chart here shows it's mostly those with lower education voting for PVV. Those with higher eduction mainly voted GroenLinks, D66 and VVD.

The blue one shows GroenLinks has a lot of support from young people.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.