Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Texas Transgender Wrestler Wins Girls State Title.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Texas Transgender Wrestler Wins Girls State Title.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-26-2017 08:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You just can't make stuff like this up you know,(LOL), or maybe I should say your tax dollar at work

CYPRESS
Mack Beggs came here to wrestle. And wrestle he did, manhandling four opponents over two days as he captured a Class 6A girls state championship Saturday.
The 110-pound gold medalist also captured something else: The attention of a nation increasingly polarized by transgender issues.
Beggs, a 17-year-old transgender boy from Euless Trinity High School, didn’t come to the state tournament seeking to carry the transgender torch, or to become a lightning rod, or to be the target of a lawsuit that could end his high school wrestling career.
But those subplots all played out during the two-day UIL Wrestling State Tournament at the Berry Center in Cypress, where Beggs defeated Chelsea Sanchez of Katy Morton Ranch 12-1 to win the championship.
His victory was greeted with a smattering of boos, but those were quickly drowned out by an outburst of cheering, which grew louder when Trinity coach Travis Clark put the gold medal around Beggs’ neck.
“I wouldn’t be here today if it weren’t for my teammates. That’s honestly what the spotlight should have been ... my teammates,” said Beggs, who led the Trinity girls to a second-place finish in the team standings.
“The hard work that I put in in the practice room with them beside me — we trained hard every single day. ... That’s where the spotlight should have been on. Not me. All of these guys. Because I would not be here without them. Hard work ethic pays off.”
Then, lifting his gold medal, he said, “Just saying.”
Beggs was born a girl, yet from as early as 3 years old, his parents remember, he has considered himself a boy. Now more than a year after starting testosterone treatment that is transforming his physical appearance and increasing muscle mass to that of or near a boy of similar age, Beggs is required by the University Interscholastic League to compete as a girl and against girls.
He would prefer to wrestle boys, but lacking that option, he follows the rules set by the UIL, the state’s governing body for public school sports.
“This is about Mack wanting to do what Mack wants to do,” said Marco Karam, Beggs’ father. “Mack has a very strong passion about wrestling. People make assumptions that ... and I don’t want to get into it.”
Grandmother Nancy Beggs said she was proud of both her grandson and the school he represents.
“Mack handled it (the pressure) great, better than I could handle it. Mack’s a great kid and you’ll be hearing from him, I promise,” Nancy Beggs said. “He’s a trooper and he said he’ll change the world. I think he will — at least the wrestling world.”. Read More:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local ... 21414.html

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-26-2017 08:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Geoff ?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-26-2017 09:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-26-2017 10:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-26-2017 06:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cypress... Where my mom, sister and many other family members live... Lol Houston...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.