Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Millennials are the most narcissistic generation ever

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Millennials are the most narcissistic generation ever

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 06:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We might not agree on phone etiquette, or what to put on the radio – but there’s one thing older and younger generations agree on.

Millennials (born between 1980 and 1994) are the most narcissistic – according to a study that consulted both millennials and their grandparents’ generations,

But there is one thing they disagree on: the extent of their narcissism. Older generations think millennials' narcissism goes beyond what millennials themselves will admit.

Joshua Grubbs, a doctoral candidate in clinical psychology at Case Western Reserve University, asked millennials and adults 60 years and older to rank generations on their narcissism.

The older group ranked millennials 65.3 on a 100-point narcissism scale, whereas millennials rated themselves as 61.4, according to the Huffington Post.

He also found that millennials don’t like being called narcissistic, even though they admit to having the trait.

But having this label might not be a good thing.

Grubbs said:

Over time, the ‘narcissistic’ label could impact how millennials feel, their mental health (and) their attitudes about themselves and general generation

https://www.indy100.com/article/millenn ... dy-7588141

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 06:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know nothing about Millennials but this site says it does cause they asked them and the older generation to vote on it.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 06:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

> raises a generation
> complains about how the generation was raised

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 07:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm thinking whatever the generation after the millennials is more narcissistic... Also baby-boomers.... Boomers are the worst generation by far...

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 07:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*Complelety destroys economy, environment*

Man these millenials are so narcissistic!

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 08:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
I'm thinking whatever the generation after the millennials is more narcissistic... Also baby-boomers.... Boomers are the worst generation by far...

:(

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 08:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Narcissistic ?, they're all pussies.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i don't know if millennials are more or less narcissistic than previous generations, but sometimes they are fucking annoying snowflake cucks

then again, so were GenX-ers, so maybe it's just an age thing

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 10:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^get off my lawn

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 10:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Baby boomer are the worst cuz they are annoying entitled dipshits in large numbers, but the silent generation are even worse, but have mostly died off and are looked at as old cranks... In their prime they were the ultimate assholes...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Behave

You can still see most of them buying black bags full of drugs, if you think they're easily offended then try working in a community centre. I saw 5/6 12 year olds beat 7 shades of shit out of 2 blokes who started on them. 2 drug dealers, bout 21/22, got the crap kicked out of them. Was funny as fuck cos these 2 dudes were gonna paste these 2 kids, who ran away, but they wasn't running away from them they were running to back up :olo:.

Back in our day they were blaming vidya games for murrdurr, before that TV and movie, before that Music. It's the new thang.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 03:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
somewhat irrelevant. but, k :|

TLDR: Nothing changes but the scenery

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 07:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Baby boomer are the worst cuz they are annoying entitled dipshits in large numbers, but the silent generation are even worse, but have mostly died off and are looked at as old cranks... In their prime they were the ultimate assholes...

:( :(

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 08:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I keep thinking we Baby boomers made the world arguably a better place :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-22-2017 10:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now who's narcissistic.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 06:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
I keep thinking we Baby boomers made the world arguably a better place :)

I think the economic hardships faced by the following generation has been a direct result of boomers and their greed and self entitled ideas. I'm not saying all boomers fall into this generalization but there's some fairly convincing statistics that boomers take and don't give back. Wage inequality has been increasing ever since the boomers took over the work force and it doesn't seem to be letting up, even come retirement time they just keep the jobs or leave and don't replace those jobs which boomers had for later generations. Then there's government policies aimed at specifically helping boomers that are to be paid by current generations and the increasing government deficits that have been run up by boomers that we are supposed to pay off.

All boomers had to do was finish high school and a good paying job was much easier for them to obtain but today we need to go to university and pay outrageous amounts to learn about a subject, incidentally those same courses cost a fraction of what we pay now for boomers, and when we graduate we're expected to pay those outrageous loans whilst working at starbucks for minimum wage which is owned by some boomer who thinks young people are just complaining.

Yeah... arguably.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 08:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*sigh* That's it blame it on the old guys :(

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 09:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only thing worse than old ppl is old ppl who are deaf...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 10:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:

Well... Am I wrong?

It's anecdotal evidence but how about you? Did you go to college/university? Did you graduate from school? I don't want specific numbers but did you get a job when you were young and did that job pay well enough for you to afford a home and car and support a family?

Just curious, I'm not trying to insinuate this is your fault but I did go to college and when I graduated the job I got, in my field, paid minimum wage and my student loan was ridiculous. I couldn't afford a car on my job so I resorted to "buisness in clubs" to get ahead WITH A DEGREE AND A COLLEGE EDUCATION. Think about that. I didn't do drugs growing up, I didn't smoke, drink alcohol, nothing. After a few decades of working shit paying jobs I finally landed a good job and even now that job is precarious as it's on a contract basis and I never know when they'll decide not to renew my contract. It's an absolute sham and to say I'm disenfranchised from it all is an understatement. Saving for retirement? Lol yeah dream on, I'm lucky to be able to afford to pay my bills and that's it.

Growing up, my parents could afford all that stuff working at a grocery store! And my Grandparents could afford all that stuff with only 1 person working AND support a family of 7 kids! To look at the economical gap between generations and say one generation isn't responsible for the hardships of the next generation is a bit ignorant in my opinion. You may not be directly responsible for it, but the boomer generation as a whole certainly had a part to play in it.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 10:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A lot of those problem have to do with economic globalization and the rise of technology.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 11:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know if kids these days are more narcissistic than previous generations. More likely they have a bigger, more accessible way to broadcast their narcissism.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 12:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
A lot of those problem have to do with economic globalization and the rise of technology.

This is true.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
I don't know if kids these days are more narcissistic than previous generations. More likely they have a bigger, more accessible way to broadcast their narcissism.

This.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 04:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
lars63 wrote:

Well... Am I wrong?

It's anecdotal evidence but how about you? Did you go to college/university? Did you graduate from school? I don't want specific numbers but did you get a job when you were young and did that job pay well enough for you to afford a home and car and support a family?

Just curious, I'm not trying to insinuate this is your fault but I did go to college and when I graduated the job I got, in my field, paid minimum wage and my student loan was ridiculous. I couldn't afford a car on my job so I resorted to "buisness in clubs" to get ahead WITH A DEGREE AND A COLLEGE EDUCATION. Think about that. I didn't do drugs growing up, I didn't smoke, drink alcohol, nothing. After a few decades of working shit paying jobs I finally landed a good job and even now that job is precarious as it's on a contract basis and I never know when they'll decide not to renew my contract. It's an absolute sham and to say I'm disenfranchised from it all is an understatement. Saving for retirement? Lol yeah dream on, I'm lucky to be able to afford to pay my bills and that's it.

Growing up, my parents could afford all that stuff working at a grocery store! And my Grandparents could afford all that stuff with only 1 person working AND support a family of 7 kids! To look at the economical gap between generations and say one generation isn't responsible for the hardships of the next generation is a bit ignorant in my opinion. You may not be directly responsible for it, but the boomer generation as a whole certainly had a part to play in it.

Yes I graduated high school and did three years of college and yes I did buy a house and raise four kids even with the education I ended up in the shipyards for the next 14 years of life until they kicked me out cause of deafness which they caused I might add but all that aside each generation does what ever it has to do to raise their families, buy their homes and what ever else they need in their lives. The only thing baby boomers are really doing at the moment is putting a strain on our Social Security System cause their just so darn many of us but I think we did a lot of good for the next generation. You can't blame it on just one generation though, their are a number of things that went wrong for the US, the loss of jobs to over seas competitor's Japan for instance and all their pesky cars that destroyed our car industry cause no one wanted to buy American, shipyard jobs cause they all went over seas to avoid the unions and get cheaper labor, its not our generation that is all at fault here. Just saying

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 04:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Only thing worse than old ppl is old ppl who are deaf...

Go stand in the corner (LOL)

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 04:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:
the loss of jobs to over seas competitor's Japan for instance and all their pesky cars that destroyed our car industry cause no one wanted to buy American

Maybe people would buy American if Americans were capable of building a car worth buying.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 05:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If my memory serves me correctly the big reason America started buying those pesky cars from Japan was the gas mileage not their durability

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Most Japanese cars in North America are made in North America. It's not that they're moving all manufacturing jobs overseas, it's that there is a lot more automation.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 08:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:
If my memory serves me correctly the big reason America started buying those pesky cars from Japan was the gas mileage not their durability

Except American cars tend to depreciate faster and have horrible quality control.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 08:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

wrong

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 08:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Most Japanese cars in North America are made in North America. It's not that they're moving all manufacturing jobs overseas, it's that there is a lot more automation.

The Japanese model built in Canada/USA/Mexico will always be inferior to the same model built in Japan. If you want Japanese, make sure it's from Japan. Same goes for European.

No one on this continent builds cars well.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-23-2017 08:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i am stalking a new gm now for quite a wile

very low stock in my area and i am waiting for the right one.

my current 2010 tahoe i only put 80000 km on it since then and ive never had a problem, changed a daytime running bulb, new michelins and ab
nd a battery thats it, but even tho it has been garaged since 2010 and only has 80k i want new because ego

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-24-2017 12:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

Maybe people would buy American if Americans were capable of building a car worth buying.

ding.
protip: don't blame your shortcomings on others, try to improve instead.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-24-2017 06:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
obsidian wrote:

The Japanese model built in Canada/USA/Mexico will always be inferior to the same model built in Japan. If you want Japanese, make sure it's from Japan. Same goes for European.

No one on this continent builds cars well.

I was working on three hundred thousand with my Plymouth Voyager when I quit driving, it was a 93, only thing that went wrong with it in all that time was a timing belt, I more than got my money worth.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-24-2017 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You mean those Voyagers that would suddenly burst into flames or lose power steering? Also the timing belt on those things would slide off more often than a fat yank's sweatpants at a donut convention. Our family car was a 1998 Caravan and it needed a new transmission, power steering pump, and drive belt almost on a regular basis.

And that was supposed to be the reliable version of the Voyager...rofl

Face it, no one with any real knowledge of cars would ever buy American in the consumer or even luxury class.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.