Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Solar Panels

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Solar Panels

The World is Yours...
The World is Yours...
PostPosted: 02-18-2017 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone have them? Something we are thinking of adding to the new house. Any advice, warnings, praises, etc?

Ready for minor flaming from the penis gallery, but for some reason I value you jerks. I have a Trump thread to catch up on.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-18-2017 10:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the penis galley: now with one less testicle

do you live in an area with many sunshine hours?

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-18-2017 11:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't have solar panels but there was an interesting article on those Tesla solar roof tiles someone linked awhile back. Also, congrats on the new house.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-18-2017 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, congratulations on the new home.

Solar panels are a good idea IMO. I can't enjoy them as I live in an apartment but I'd install in a flash given an opportunity as I am a believer in the technology.There are so many around here and I m sure they should be a real consideration to any new house.

Questions
• Does your government offer any incentives/rebates on purchase/install?
• Have you done the sums on ROI (return in investment) time taken to pay off the installation?
• Have you considered battery storage options? Batteries are getting better most every week.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-18-2017 08:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They make ur house look shitty...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-18-2017 09:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In your case they might be an improvement.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-18-2017 10:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:

I am confused scared and I rarely answer your barbs. Why wouldn't anyone screen them from street view? I would.

I am still confused here so try and enlighten me :smirk:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 10:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If the street side of your roof catches the most sun during the day, it would be silly to put them on the other side of the house.

Having said that, a few people in my neighborhood have solar panels and while they don't look very stylish, it's not a huge problem either. It's a trade off in favor of the panels I'd say.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 12:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
In your case they might be an improvement.

:olo:

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-19-2017 11:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seems like I upset comfort blanket... It must be cold in that freezing hell u live in...I understand ur anger and jellusy... :olo: ...

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 12:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We have PV panels on one of our factories at work. Apparently at full power they can generate something like 10kV of power and run one the polymer extrusion lines. Impressive stuff.

scared? wrote:

Wasn't Elon Musk or someone designing some solar panels that just look like normal roofing tiles from the ground? I imagine they'll be pretty expensive though.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 12:45 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes he was

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-20-2017 12:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

3rd post

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-21-2017 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No word on pricing of Musk's tiles but he did say that they would be comparable to other non-solar roofing products, BEFORE energy incentives, whatever that means. Consumers Report was guessing $70,000, but Elon Musk is hinting that it would be far less than that. Won't know for sure until they actually start selling them.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-24-2017 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.