Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Wtf

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Wtf

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 12:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
If, if, if , if.

Let's risk more lives on ifs... I'll play your IF game. What IF he stops responding to his medication and kills someone else? Do we lock him up again, give him more rehab, change his medication and release him back into society? Because after all it's not his fault and his quality of life in paramount to public safety... Exactly how many people can he kill before he should be locked away for good? You've obviously decided that his quality of life is more important than the person he killed.

And diabetes can be physically monitored and generally doesn't kill other people when it isn't treated. :tard:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 12:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
No, asking some random family to care for a mental health patient is just ridiculous and not at all a realistic scenario.

My point was, you wouldn't put you or your family in harms ways. But you have no problem with putting someone else at risk.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 12:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Doombrain wrote:
wat

i get the feeling that plained was beheaded at some point but his body is still in front of a keyboard and typing. Would explain a lot. :olo:

:olo:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 12:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I like to think it's his disembodied head still behind the PC, trying to type by continually smacking his forehead into the keyboard.

Lol!

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

your desperate rabidity :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 10:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

plained has such a poor sense of humour.
A true poorian, if you will

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-15-2017 03:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Obs said it best.

My 2 cts, perhaps worth something as i've worked with this particular group of people for six years: even though there's no check on if he takes his medication you can be sure he receives visits or is compelled by law to see someone once every so often for evaluations. And if he stops taking his medication this will be noticed before he can do something similar, you don't go full florid psychosis in 1 week.

And yeah, as weird as it sounds this guy is a victim too; it's unlikely he has any recollection of the event. From his perspective he woke up all medicated and was told he killed and ate some poor dude. Shit, he probably receives or has received trauma councelling for that.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-15-2017 04:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm guessing there's a great cutursal divide at work here as well, between people like YGP and plained on one end, and obsidian and yourself on the other.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-15-2017 04:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
plained has such a poor sense of humour.
A true poorian, if you will

oh come on i was hoping u werent going all butthurt over a tiny joke!

so it only humor when it about me? :olo:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 02-15-2017 04:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I'm guessing there's a great cutursal divide at work here as well, between people like YGP and plained on one end, and obsidian and yourself on the other.

pretty selective choosing there y0

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 02-15-2017 05:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah really.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 02-15-2017 07:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Obs said it best.

My 2 cts, perhaps worth something as i've worked with this particular group of people for six years: even though there's no check on if he takes his medication you can be sure he receives visits or is compelled by law to see someone once every so often for evaluations. And if he stops taking his medication this will be noticed before he can do something similar, you don't go full florid psychosis in 1 week.

And yeah, as weird as it sounds this guy is a victim too; it's unlikely he has any recollection of the event. From his perspective he woke up all medicated and was told he killed and ate some poor dude. Shit, he probably receives or has received trauma councelling for that.

My mate many moons ago developed 'underlying psychosis', thing is, although he didnt seem right we didnt really have any concerns until he went on holiday, had a skinful and came back completely bonkers. He was only gone a week and he was full throttle nuts. At 1st we thought it was fatigue or he drank too much and needed rest but it only took like 3 days before we ended up taking him to the hospital. Some of the shit he was doing, and had us doing n all... bloody hell, theres more than a few stories.

He will tell you himself he wasnt right in the head for a long time before, that his recollection is hazy and almost dreamlike, but the speed he went from weird to bonkers is pretty surprising and scary.

Seems fine now, no medication, just back to his oddball ways.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-15-2017 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I'm guessing there's a great cutursal divide at work here as well, between people like Whiskey, seremtan, Doombrain, YGP and plained on one end, and obsidian and yourself on the other.

Fixed... :disgust:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-15-2017 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey i just objected to victim equivalence that was being made between the attacker and the guy he slashed to death

the attacker clearly wasn't in his right mind, but suggesting that having to live with what he's done is as bad as being dead like the other guy is fucking dumb

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-15-2017 07:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seen this the other day... didn't realize they have released him. Hard to know what to think on this. I feel like he should have been locked away for a bit longer at least. Then again our courts are a little fucked on punishment around here. (A local lady recently got out of jail after only 18 months for driving over a 3 or 4 year old toddler and killing her, after driver had had some wine before driving. This after constant appeals to drag it out. If you ask me she should be in there for another 5-10 years at least, and life ban on driving).

I feel like they should at least be monitoring this bus killer guy... especially given the fucked up / brutal nature of the killing. Will be a sad story if this guy slips again and I would not be surprised if it happened either. Great also that he changed his name, although I 'spose that is to be expected.

There is another case from a while back where a father smothered his three children to death with a pillow then went on the lamb. A hunter and his dog ended up finding his scent and tracked him down rambling around in the woods a few weeks later, and called the cops on him. It's been maybe 3-4 years tops since he was jailed and he's already pressing for release. (Alan Schoenberg is the guy, I believe). You ask me, that guy should be in jail for life, minimum... better yet, put him in a work camp. I don't feel like there is much rehabilitation to do on a person who willingly and knowingly murdered their own three children. Surprised the mother hasn't fucking offed herself.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.