Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        NBA will consider shortening games due to millennial

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: NBA will consider shortening games due to millennial

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 01-15-2017 08:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NBA will consider shortening games due to millennial attention spans

A 2015 study by Microsoft revealed that the average person's attention span in this wild world of technology and social media is down to eight seconds — which is less than that of a goldfish.

If you're an NBA fan and you're still reading this (and kudos to you, if you are) ... there's no need to worry. NBA commissioner Adam Silver has it covered.

You know those late-game situations, where timeout after timeout make the final 30 seconds last 10 minutes? During a press conference in London before the Denver Nuggets' 140-112 rout of the Indiana Pacers on Thursday, Silver noted that the league tracks the end of games — specifically the number of timeouts that are allowed — "very closely" and said the NBA's competition committee will likely take a "fresh look" at game length at the end of the season.

"It’s something that I know all of sports are looking at right now, and that is the format of the game and the length of time it takes to play the game,” Silver said. “Obviously people, particularly millennials, have increasingly short attention spans, so it’s something as a business we need to pay attention to. ... When the last few minutes of the game take an extraordinary amount of time, sometimes it’s incredibly interesting for fans, other times it’s not."

Well done, commissioner Silver. Well done.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nb ... /96535434/

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-15-2017 10:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

For context, attention spans were at 12 seconds back in 2000. Microsoft stressed that a lot of the reason for the drop is due to the avalanche of content we have at our fingertips today. The study also found an increase in one's ability to multitask and concentrate in short bursts.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-15-2017 11:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who the fuck cares, basketball is a horrible thing to watch.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-15-2017 12:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

when i want to watch some dribbling, i watch this guy :up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-15-2017 12:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just log in to Geoff's periscope.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-15-2017 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-15-2017 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
When I wants to watch some dribbling, I come here :|

Yeah your posts should come with a "caution wet floor" sign :|

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-15-2017 04:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Speaking of attention spans, I started reading this thread and then

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh my god there's a sniper loose in this

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

Dribbling from all the tax evasion? :clownboat:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 01:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
seremtan wrote:

Dribbling from all the tax evasion? :clownboat:

does evading tax make you dribble?

also, pretty sure that was the people around him who manage his shit, not Messi himself

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-16-2017 05:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apparently so, Neymar and Masherano were found guilty too. Ronaldos still under investigation I think.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.