Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Shocking video of Doombrain getting his bike stuck in a fenc

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Shocking video of Doombrain getting his bike stuck in a fenc

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-09-2017 09:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-09-2017 09:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

This too, bike baiting

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-09-2017 10:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Shocking, eh? I see what you did there

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-09-2017 11:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
lol

This too, bike baiting

If that shit's real, that's not cool. :down:

Extreme evil
Extreme evil
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 01:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

funny :up:

shouldn't have watched the other one :miffed:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 02:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Both very nice, but i love the 2nd :)
Ive had my beloved bikes stolen around 12 times, so if they have pain -i have fun!

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 03:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
lol

This too, bike baiting

[]

If that shit's real, that's not cool. :down:

They're thieving gits, it's their own fault :up:

Maybe next time they see a bike they'll think twice (and check for rope)

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 03:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is it still thieving when you leave your bike unlocked though? :smirk:

Some people take this bike baiting shit even further btw, saw a vid a while back of a dude that installed a battery that gave a shock to the rider via remote control - which is pretty much aggravated assault, the sick fuck.

Last edited by Ryoki on 01-10-2017 03:37 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 03:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep, plus technically it was tied up.

Also

Quote:
Police in the Netherlands say that 'bait bikes' fitted with GPS tracking devices have helped them catch nearly 1,000 bicycle thieves during 2015 - nearly twice as many as in the previous year.

http://road.cc/content/news/192146-bait ... ieves-2015

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 05:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

People should leave other peoples belongings alone, if that dude ended up on the pavement its his own fault,(IMO).
The electric fence was funny I've had my dealings with them and know how they can bite. Good post, both of them :)

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 06:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What book ?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 06:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:

Guess we'll just wait for you to leave your car unlocked :smirk:

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 06:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Is it still thieving when you leave your bike unlocked though?
Yes it is

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 06:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Ryoki wrote:

This is a trick question :|

No it isnt...

If you let a door/window open in your house -does that mean that its okay if anybody walk in and steal your stuff?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 06:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Insurance might fuck you, but the thieving cunt is still committing a felony. No trick to it.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 06:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lots of morons in here...both the bike thieves and the baiters are breaking the law...if its real...which i doubt, cuz these morons have a noobtube channel and show their faces all the time. if they aint in jail by now it aint real...next...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 06:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
lots of morons in here...both the bike thieves and the baiters are breaking the law...i

Well, if the bike is left to be taken then there is no law being broken. If that's the point you're getting at.

If this was a police operation though it would be illegal :up:

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Insurance: punished when you don't have it and punished when you use it.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 07:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Next up: top 10 places that are down the road from Doombrain's house. You'll be amazed by #7!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 08:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:
People should leave other peoples belongings alone, if that dude ended up on the pavement its his own fault,(IMO).

Nope. You're committing a felony as baiter. Not because of the baiting per se, but on grounds of assault the thief has a case. Also, physical assault is rarely if ever a proportional measure against thievery.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
lars63 wrote:

Nope. You're committing a felony as baiter. Not because of the baiting per se, but on grounds of assault the thief has a case. Also, physical assault is rarely if ever a proportional measure against thievery.

Nope.

The would be thief, or the person finding the bike would need to assume a degree of responsibility and failure to check wether the bike was capable of being ridden would fall upon his shoulders. Otherwise would be thiefs would have a case against you if they tripped over a dodgey step when robbing your house. The electro shock scenario is different though, as it isn't an appropriate security device and the responsibility shifts back to the owner if it was purposefully hidden to cause harm (the thief would have no way of knowing).

Baiting isn't illegal and isn't considered entrapment. With entrapment you need to put the idea of the crime into someones head.

So the video is actually dumb ass people thinking they found free stuff and become victims of their own stupid ass mistakes. Kinda like a fat fuck falling over.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 10:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:

dindu nuffin!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 11:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That second video is staged; pretty obviously, imo.

And Ryoki's post is coming from the sentiment of a dutchie, imo.
They are on a whole other level when it comes to stealing bikes than the rest of us Euros.
I was told that in Amsterdam by the dutch hotel owner when I rented one. They steal them kind of like a hobby.
"Here, take this 1/2 inch chain and lock the bike to something immobile whenever you leave it for 30 minutes."
No questions asked.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Nope.

The would be thief, or the person finding the bike would need to assume a degree of responsibility and failure to check wether the bike was capable of being ridden would fall upon his shoulders. Otherwise would be thiefs would have a case against you if they tripped over a dodgey step when robbing your house. The electro shock scenario is different though, as it isn't an appropriate security device and the responsibility shifts back to the owner if it was purposefully hidden to cause harm (the thief would have no way of knowing).

Baiting isn't illegal and isn't considered entrapment. With entrapment you need to put the idea of the crime into someones head.

So the video is actually dumb ass people thinking they found free stuff and become victims of their own stupid ass mistakes. Kinda like a fat fuck falling over.

There may be a difference in laws here, but in the States a thief could sue a homeowner if they fell over a dodgy step while stealing shit. It's bullshit, but I've seen stories about that kind of nonsense. :rolleyes:

As far as the baiting vid goes, that shit's just wrong. Someone could easily get seriously hurt or even killed. Cutting the brakes to a bike and enticing people to ride it down a steep hill, and tieing it in an effort to make them fall off once they hit max speed is assault, plain and simple. It's dangerous for the rider and for everyone around them. Sure, it's funny to laugh at other people's misfortune, especially when it looks like they're doing something wrong (like stealing a bike), but when you cause harm to someone, physical or otherwise, that crosses a line.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
There may be a difference in laws here, but in the States a thief could sue a homeowner if they fell over a dodgy step while stealing shit. It's bullshit, but I've seen stories about that kind of nonsense. :rolleyes:

I used to think so too but it's not so cut and dry. If a burglar breaks in and you use excessive force without proving you were in danger, you can be held responsible. Probably a non-issue in the slightly shittier states where gun laws are relaxed and everyone just shoots each other. You can also be sued if your dog attacks a burglar and you hadn't posted signs warning about the presence of a guard dog. In the case of a burglar tripping over a skateboard and breaking their ankle, a judge would most likely side with the homeowner and it would be a fairly quick case.

There is lots of bullshit to wade through on the matter though.

Transient wrote:
As far as the baiting vid goes, that shit's just wrong. Someone could easily get seriously hurt or even killed. Cutting the brakes to a bike and enticing people to ride it down a steep hill, and tieing it in an effort to make them fall off once they hit max speed is assault, plain and simple. It's dangerous for the rider and for everyone around them. Sure, it's funny to laugh at other people's misfortune, especially when it looks like they're doing something wrong (like stealing a bike), but when you cause harm to someone, physical or otherwise, that crosses a line.

So it's nonsense if a burglar sues the person they were robbing, but catching thieves in the act and letting them humiliate themselves is a no-no?

Last edited by Captain on 01-10-2017 02:48 PM, edited 1 time in total.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 02:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

put a claymore on that bike!

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 03:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can write it any way you want but when someone takes something that doesn't belong to them that's stealing, pure and simple.
What Transient says is true and that's wrong too, the thief shouldn't have been in the house in the first place, they overlook that anymore here in the states, its a pity

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 04:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
So it's nonsense if a burglar sues the person they were robbing, but catching thieves in the act and letting them humiliate themselves is a no-no?

The bike is put out there like candy, at the top of a smooth, steep hill. It's instigating the whole event with the intent on causing harm. Isn't that aggravated assault? For all you know, the person planned on returning the bike at the top of the hill after taking a joyride or three to the bottom. What if a little kid found the bike? Or were the assholes only waiting for homeless people to wander by? What the fuck is the bike crime like where you live, that makes it ok to laugh at homeless people getting hurt?

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 04:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When I was a kid we could ride our bikes anywhere, leave them and when we came back they were there, that's because kids were taught that taking something that wasn't theirs was wrong, I don't understand how and why you folk dance all around that. It was wrong for them to take the bike. ITS STEALING!

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 04:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nobody's debating that. It doesn't make it ok to hurt them.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 04:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Or were the assholes only waiting for homeless people to wander by? What the fuck is the bike crime like where you live, that makes it ok to laugh at homeless people getting hurt?

Unless you're giving away your belongings or letting homeless people eat your food and sleep in your bed, you don't have a moral high ground. Don't fucking take something that isn't yours ffs

Transient wrote:
Nobody's debating that. It doesn't make it ok to hurt them.

Don't try to steal and you won't get hurt, don't see why that's so difficult to grasp.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 05:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because it's not that simple. As I said earlier, the bike was put out there like candy. The prankster wanted to hurt someone.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if anyone thinks it would be better to cut off hands of thieves theres lots of these righteous places you can go and live with like minded people... but yea i know, its the poor saharan dl speeds thats keeping you in our backward society...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Because it's not that simple. As I said earlier, the bike was put out there like candy. The prankster wanted to hurt someone.

So if you see a hot girl in skimpy clothes walking by herself on a secluded street at night, you can go for a joyride as long as you leave her where you found her, right?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-10-2017 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL WTF :dork:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.