Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Teddy bear blues

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Teddy bear blues

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 08:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agents in Los Angeles just confiscated a gigantic teddy bear and posted a photo of the poor guy on Instagram. And if that wasn’t enough, they gave him a depressing backstory. The TSA’s social media accounts really are a fantastic way to keep up to date on how the agency is ruining Christmas this holiday season. more

http://gizmodo.com/tsa-confiscates-huge ... 1790131145

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 09:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

With the way air travel is today (high security, baggage restraints and smaller seating) no one should have expected they could bring that thing on board.

Sorry about your luck.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Probably costs just as much to ship it as it did to buy it in the first place.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 10:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's sad how this country/world is being trained to feel sympathetic for someone else's stupidity. Its like people are living by their own personal set of rules and everyone else is somehow wrong if they infringe.

Instead of feeling sorry for the teddy bear owner's ignorance or blatant disregard for others. Someone should sternly explain to them just how stupid their idea was to bring that thing on a plane.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 10:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dumbrain :olo:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 12:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Save the Teddy!
Send him over to Germany, he doesnt need any papers or stuff here.
Sad Teddy alone @ Airport makes me feel bad...
...as usual propaganda.
#SaveSadTeddy

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shouldve cut his arse open, climbed inside and called it your suit

when they say its too big / heavy point at the nearest fat fuck.

Thats another thing with airlines n all, they should take your weight into consideration, some fat fucks are practically getting a free bag

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 06:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does Gwamps' head count as carry-on?

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 07:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've read the responses and some our valid points, still I think its a shame to take someone's present. You pay good money to fly, stand for hours to get thru all those machines then body searches for some of us, then to add insult to injury. After all it's Christmas, OK, I'm done. Just saying.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 07:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you have a carry-on that doesn't fit in the overhead or under the seat and requires another seat, buy another ticket.

Simple.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 07:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:

YourGrandpa wrote:
If you have a carry-on that doesn't fit in the overhead or under the seat and requires another seat, buy another ticket.

Looks like you have your answer. :olo:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
It's sad how this country/world is being trained to feel sympathetic for someone else's stupidity. Its like people are living by their own personal set of rules and everyone else is somehow wrong if they infringe.

Instead of feeling sorry for the teddy bear owner's ignorance or blatant disregard for others. Someone should sternly explain to them just how stupid their idea was to bring that thing on a plane.

For all you know, they could have won the thing in a raffle or someshit, or gotten it as a gift and had no plan on taking it on a plane in the first place. Sounds like you're projecting a fair bit of entitlement, there, big guy. Anyways, moving on! :arrow:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 08:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was a specific example to support my general comment. Not really projecting.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 08:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:

YourGrandpa wrote:

Looks like you have your answer. :olo:

No wonder he's never traveled outside of the swamp :olo:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-15-2016 09:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
It was a specific example to support my general comment. Not really projecting.

Not satisfied yet. :(

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 12:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

While I agree with your sentiment in general, in this specific case we don't know the full backstory. Maybe the owners brought it along in a "hey, if we can take it with us that's a bonus, if not, then meh, we'll get rid of it".

I had something similar with an umbrella that I had bought at the MotoGP event in the Czech Republic. Was quite an expensive one but I really needed it for the rain that was coming down on race day. When I flew back, I expected that I couldn't take it with me as handluggage due to the shape and semi pointy end of the umbrella. Brought it with me anyway and simply asked one of the airport officials at check in if I could take it on the plane. She said it was ok for me to bring it aboard so I could take it with me, but if not, I'd simply have discarded it and left it at that.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 01:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Simple.

or check it in as luggage.
I don't see the problem, sounds more like an entitlement issue indeed.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 03:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
or check it in as luggage.

Not always allowed I think, or costs extra money. On the flight we had to and from Czech Republic we had no option for luggage either.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There are special times of the year and on those times I think exceptions should be made

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 04:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They got fucking body scanners to see you naked, why not just put the bear through that to check it and then put it with the rest of the cargo. Dumbasses.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 05:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:
There are special times of the year and on those times I think exceptions should be made

That's how planes get parked in skyscrapers, son.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 05:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[quote"MKJ"quote]
That's how planes get parked in skyscrapers, son.]
*LOL* Teddy bears flying airplanes, I'm sorry I had to post this, I get your point though, please refer to the Kracus post about the body scanners. Even that won't stop someone from hijacking a airplane and flying it into a building of course. It's sad what the world has come to :(

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 09:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it's about the space the thing takes up inside the plane, notnso much whether or not it's a security risk.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 09:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Not satisfied yet. :(

You or Lars either. :tard:

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 09:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:
Maybe the owners...

Maybe not.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 11:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hey guys, i've got an idea: let's all get triggered and upset because a fucking teddy bear wasn't allowed on a plane, and make sure the blubfest lasts several pages while we're at it :idea: :| :idea:

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 12:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You call that a giant teddy bear?

http://www.costco.com/.product.100116326.html - 93"!

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 01:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
hey guys, i've got an idea: let's all get triggered and upset because a fucking teddy bear wasn't allowed on a plane, and make sure the blubfest lasts several pages while we're at it :idea: :| :idea:

Hey, let's all completely miss the point and complain about about people complaining.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
:idea: :| :idea:

:arrow: :dts: <-

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 03:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
seremtan wrote:

Hey, let's all completely miss the point and complain about about people complaining.

there is no point, fathead

that's the point

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-16-2016 10:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You haven't made a point pedo.

You have no point.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-04-2017 05:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:

there is no point, fathead

that's the point

He's made 4 points, one for each corner

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.