Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        MechWarrior 5

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: MechWarrior 5

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 01:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tell me you ain't excited

18 bloody years since 4

still pre-alpha, but my two balls are getting moist

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 01:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The trailer looks spiffy :)

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 12-04-2016 02:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those procedurally generated textures are a bit tedious.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 04:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah graphically it doesn't impress.
Hard to judge the gameplay from this footage.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 04:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lets not forget, its pre-alpha

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 04:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that's pretty awesome. I was huge fan of these games back in the day. I've played a few others that are kicking around today and they just aren't as fun. My favorite though was Steel Battalion. It came with this bad boy.

The game itself was pretty good but could have been so much better. Cost me 350$ to buy it .. probably one of my more expensive impulse video game buys.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 05:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haw, i remember that thing. I also seem to remember MKJ has the same beastie somewhere in his museum-of-ancient-games. Not sure though.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 05:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, the best part was the start of the game when they just dump you in the mech without any instruction and basically tell you to figure it out and see if you can get it going then looking down at the controller and seeing dozens of flashing lights and buttons... And no, just pressing the big red start button didn't work.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 05:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Haw, i remember that thing. I also seem to remember MKJ has the same beastie somewhere in his museum-of-ancient-games. Not sure though.

this is true
the best part was flipping the panic switch :!:

edit: oh and what Kracus said. Tutorials? LOL, how about trying to find the right sequence of button presses and switches. GL

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 05:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I dunno man, flipping all those toggle switches to start it was pretty ace and made you feel like you were actually powering something up. :p

I also liked when you turned it too fast it'd tip over and you'd see the dirt piling up on the camera outside and needed to turn on the wipers to clean your view lol... good times.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 12-05-2016 07:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The weathering on the mech has all been done based on a curvature map with little/no editing afterwards. ...So wherever there's an angle the paint has all worn off uniformly and exactly the same amount regardless of where it is on the model. It's lazy and you can spot it a mile off if you've ever used something like Quixel or Substance Painter.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 12-09-2016 11:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I read it's being designed with vr in mind so graphical fidelity might not get much higher. I'll prob give it a spin if it has vr support

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.