Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Nintendo NX -Just a joke?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Nintendo NX -Just a joke?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-29-2016 02:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it will be the end of Nintendo, sad but true.
400E is way too much, the dickheads just want to play gta.
Nintendo is fucked !
Goodbye Mario, see you soon on others smartphones...
Its disgusting... :puke: :puke: :puke:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-30-2016 12:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-30-2016 12:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it'll flop too. Hand held TV console?! Da fuq?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-30-2016 04:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

400 euro's? Source?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 09-30-2016 07:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i think it will work

i observed alot of parents that would pay anything so they can neglect the kids and make it the kids fault!

win win!

continue your game everywhere all the time?

cant do that with dads xbox!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-02-2016 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
400 euro's? Source?

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/nint ... -and-specs

I would bet its 400E.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-02-2016 11:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I dunno what Nintendo is planning to do with the NX. So far the only novelty feature seems to be the detachable controllers and the base that connects it to your TV (which I don't quite understand. Why not do this wirelessly and if the screen part of the NX is attached to a docking station, what do the detachable controllers attach to so you can still play games?)

These features alone don't really sell the system for me. If you'd assume the majority of software is downgraded XB1/PS4 games, then even new Mario, Zelda, Metroid or Pikmin titles can save the system.

There needs to be something radically different about the NX. It can't compete with XB1 and PS4 on the promise of portable gaming alone because people already have an XB1 or PS4 and will do the portable gaming on their tablet or phone (or 3DS?).

With the explicit mention of Unity and UE4 in the article, the only thing that would be really cool is if Nintendo is opening up the platform for indie developers similar to how Android works, but knowing Nintendo, that will probably never happen.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-03-2016 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only time will tell. :/
Wii and wii-u had a flood of shitty casual games, and they sell the old systems games ooon and on.
But i want to get one of those NES-mini´s for christmas, just in hope it will be hackable one day. >:D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-03-2016 11:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

NES mini is interesting, but I read the controller only has a 3ft (1m) chord, which really sucks.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-03-2016 11:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also no aftermarket, so it's these games and nothing else.
In this case Ima say, either emulate it or get an everdrive.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-04-2016 03:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also back in the day with the nes there was no lag at all.

now there so many ways for lag

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 10-06-2016 05:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, there can be delay on hdtv with old hardware, and it looks really bad unless you get an expensive upscaler that doesn't add lag. Plus you actually have to mod your nes to use rgb out because the signal on the av cables is abysmal, which upscaling cannot help.

In theory you should be able to get extension cables for the controllers i'd imagine. For peeps who don't wanna bother with emulation and want an easy way to play some popular nes games with the old school controller the nes mini is probably fiiiiiine.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-09-2016 07:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hopefully they make the hardware good and fast and then do thier blue chip properties the awesome super treatments they deserve

if they do that as thier core mission i think it will be better than good

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-18-2016 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just a few Days more, I'm curious!
Price 400E for the bundle, 300 non bundle (maybe they bring a 250E version without cabels and controllers :D )
Pretty sure you have to buy all of your virtual console stuff again and there will be a flood of remakes or remakes of remakes.
Nintendo is going down the Sega-way :/

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-19-2016 02:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol, now its next week...
Seems like they have a brick full of shit and just noticed it in the last moment.
This has to fail :!:
I had all Nintendo consoles (no V-Boy) but after the snes they slowly started to fuck up imho.
I think they will go down in "SEGA" style as said be4

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-19-2016 03:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i hope its not crap!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-19-2016 11:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The final countdown:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 3833493504

Would be great to get a port of "a link between worlds". I dont like remakes but i would love to play that game again, but upscaled and on a big screen! Imho the best zelda game after a link to the past, i like the 2d zelda games!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 10-20-2016 06:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-20-2016 07:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, not sure if I can get wholly enthusiastic about this. The whole pick-up-and go thing about this console is cute, but not really that useful. I do like the ability to give two players half a controller (for lack of better words) and do 2-player (split-screen) gaming.

Important questions haven't been answered though: battery life, software lineup, performance and online connectivity

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-20-2016 08:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it is actually pretty cool

i like that there is a full size controller again

and lots of control sticks on everything is good too

all the modular stuff is very diff to what people are used to and people dont like change

or are slow to adapt/adopt it.

but in the end i think if they do the games right it will be a success!

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-20-2016 08:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't wait for the watered-down ports and annual mario party releases.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-25-2016 07:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it is gonna be an long hard uphill for them

in a way it could be the last stand for thier hardware because if it doesnt flyit will be software for others hardware from then on

maybe?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 12:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:
400E is way too much

Release date and pricing have been announced: March 3rd is the not-worldwide-at-all release (Japan, the US, Canada, "major European countries" and Hong Kong) and the US price is $299. These details are official as well now:

• 6.2" capacaitive touch screen at 1280x720.
  • 32GB storage, expandable through microSD cards
  • Games come on NintendoDS sized cardridges
  • Battery life is 2.5 to 6.5 hours, depending on game (new Zelda is cited at 3hrs), charging is done through USB-C port.
  • There is no region lock (yay!)
  • It has Internet access through wifi and up to 8 Switches can connect wirelessly to each other for local multiplayer. Each switch can support 8 joycon controllers so technically you could do 64 player multiplayer
  • The joycons will contain an IR camera that can detect hand gestures as well as some fancy "high definition" rumble (vibration) tech. There will also be the obligatory motion sensors, an NFC reader and a button to take and share a screenshot. You can snap the joycons to the sides of the Switch itself or, when it's docked, snap 'em to a separate middle part.
  • The Switch will launch with a new Mario title, called Mario Odyssee, which doesn't know whether it should be a Mario game, GTA, LA Noire, Zelda or Metroid.
  • Nintendo's online platform will now be a payed for platform like XBox Live. It looks like it'll offer similar features as Xbox Live and PSN, including a free (virtual console) game each month (although the wording on this is ambiguous on whether or not you can still play that free game after the month has ended). What is cool though is that SNES virtual console games will have added online capabilities. It's unclear what this exactly means though, may just be leaderboards or something like that. Knowing how poorly Nintendo has dealt with online features in the past, this online platform might either be a complete disaster, but may as well be a chance for Nintendo to offer a decent platform.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 12:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Online will most likely fail again, especially if they keep bringing up that friendcode bullshit.
I'd reckon they'd have to fix all their online capabilities first before charging people for it?

anyway, lol nintendo.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 12:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
AndyW wrote:
400E is way too much

Release date and pricing have been announced: March 3rd is the not-worldwide-at-all release (Japan, the US, Canada, "major European countries" and Hong Kong) and the US price is $299. These details are official as well now:

• 6.2" capacaitive touch screen at 1280x720.
  • 32GB storage, expandable through microSD cards
  • Games come on NintendoDS sized cardridges
  • Battery life is 2.5 to 6.5 hours, depending on game (new Zelda is cited at 3hrs), charging is done through USB-C port.
  • There is no region lock (yay!)
  • It has Internet access through wifi and up to 8 Switches can connect wirelessly to each other for local multiplayer. Each switch can support 8 joycon controllers so technically you could do 64 player multiplayer
  • The joycons will contain an IR camera that can detect hand gestures as well as some fancy "high definition" rumble (vibration) tech. There will also be the obligatory motion sensors, an NFC reader and a button to take and share a screenshot. You can snap the joycons to the sides of the Switch itself or, when it's docked, snap 'em to a separate middle part.
  • The Switch will launch with a new Mario title, called Mario Odyssee, which doesn't know whether it should be a Mario game, GTA, LA Noire, Zelda or Metroid.
  • Nintendo's online platform will now be a payed for platform like XBox Live. It looks like it'll offer similar features as Xbox Live and PSN, including a free (virtual console) game each month (although the wording on this is ambiguous on whether or not you can still play that free game after the month has ended). What is cool though is that SNES virtual console games will have added online capabilities. It's unclear what this exactly means though, may just be leaderboards or something like that. Knowing how poorly Nintendo has dealt with online features in the past, this online platform might either be a complete disaster, but may as well be a chance for Nintendo to offer a decent platform.

You beat me to it
Utterly underwhelming and potentially the final nail in the Nintendo home console coffin

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 01:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's all about the software now.
Only new titles I've heard so far are Mario Odyssee, Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2. The rest of the publishers that have announced something appear to be ports of existing games.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 02:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And the one third-party game they've been using in a lot of the promo material, Skyrim, won't be a launch title.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 04:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So its 349E here + a game =390-400E :( :(

http://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_ni ... oC-3rw_wcB

This is the end of Nintendo!
:dts:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 04:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't forget the fake supply shortages.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 04:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:

If I got a penny for every time someone said that the past ten years...
Don't forget NES classic mini sold like hot cakes

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 04:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
AndyW wrote:

Yes, that's all well and good, but as a home console maker proper, ala Microsoft and Sony, they will not compete. They will have the hand held market and the niche "playing on peoples need for nostalgia" market.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 04:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
AndyW wrote:

Yeah the NES mini really rocks, and i will buy one (now you can izi-pizi softmod them).
I hope they announce a Snes mini soon. :eek:
That classic stuff has more potential ihmo (money-making-wise).
I think its the DS & 3DS stuff that has saved nintendos ass over the last years...

EDIT: As Don Carlos said

Last edited by AndyW on 01-13-2017 04:29 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 04:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
Yeah, there can be delay on hdtv with old hardware, and it looks really bad unless you get an expensive upscaler that doesn't add lag. Plus you actually have to mod your nes to use rgb out because the signal on the av cables is abysmal, which upscaling cannot help.

In theory you should be able to get extension cables for the controllers i'd imagine. For peeps who don't wanna bother with emulation and want an easy way to play some popular nes games with the old school controller the nes mini is probably fiiiiiine.

It's actually pretty decent. Plus you can hack them now and add roms to it beyond the 30 it comes with.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 04:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndyW wrote:

The real problem with that price point is this:
https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_p ... 85459.html

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 05:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
AndyW wrote:

The real problem with that price point is this:
https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_p ... 85459.html

Yup - they've really screwed the pooch now

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.