Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Made a GIR wallpaper (Invader Zim)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 05:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, yea, um...
I must have them or I will explode. That happens to me sometimes.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 05:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus, such a confusing thread.

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 06:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
I'm not knocking anyone for liking cartoons. To me cartoons are dumb because the comedy is immature and unsophisticated. Pretty much all the laughs come from goofy behavior of the characters. I'm not a goofy person, and I like a lot of comedy. I like The Chapelle show because its real, its serious, but its also hilarious. But I don't judge people who like cartoons, its whatever.

I tend to avoid getting into these discussions, but I'm curious as to why you think of cartoons as "unsophisticated." You are aware that the majority of scholars consider The Simpsons, for example, to be a form of "high art." In fact, there are philosophy classes you can take at some universities that are taught using only the Simpsons as subject material. I don't know of any classes based on the Chappelle show.

Do you just consider humor sophomoric if it isn't performed by actors? Would you then suggest that "Friends" is more sophisticated than, say, "Triplettes of Belleville"? Or is Dave Chappelle smarter and more mature than Steve Sacks, Samuel Clemens, or Bill Watterson? I find that a bit hard to believe.

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 10:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:lol:

mods sticky this thread please

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

werldhed wrote:

I tend to avoid getting into these discussions, but I'm curious as to why you think of cartoons as "unsophisticated." You are aware that the majority of scholars consider The Simpsons, for example, to be a form of "high art." In fact, there are philosophy classes you can take at some universities that are taught using only the Simpsons as subject material. I don't know of any classes based on the Chappelle show.

Do you just consider humor sophomoric if it isn't performed by actors? Would you then suggest that "Friends" is more sophisticated than, say, "Triplettes of Belleville"? Or is Dave Chappelle smarter and more mature than Steve Sacks, Samuel Clemens, or Bill Watterson? I find that a bit hard to believe.

lol why you mad at me

My college has classes on anime, but that doesn't mean there is anything profound about anime other than its ability to prolong virginity. There are sociology classes at some universities about Lil Kim's lyrics. Does that mean that "Eat my Pussy Right" is going to impact our society. :lol:

Last edited by Keep It Real on 05-23-2005 11:01 AM, edited 2 times in total.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 10:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Almost every South Park episode is a satire about the current big news story too. There's plenty of potty humour but there is so much more if you dig a little deeper.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 10:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why even bother arguing with him? You're not going tto change his mind. If he's too narrow-minded to accept that not all cartoons are immature, then so be it. :shrug:

Instead of arguing with him, let's all quote GIR instead! :p

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 10:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:
Almost every South Park episode is a satire about the current big news story too. There's plenty of potty humour but there is so much more if you dig a little deeper.

Fo shizzle Yo.

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Satire about big news stories? Nah I'd rather watch the news and read a book before watching South Park. I mean the ideas and message in these shows are so wrapped up in ignorance and sarcasm that they have little if any value. Come on dog, do you really learn something when a cartoon 8th grader makes fun of Dick Cheney or whatever.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
Satire about big news stories? Nah I'd rather watch the news and read a book before watching South Park. I mean the ideas and message in these shows are so wrapped up in ignorance and sarcasm that they have little if any value. Come on dog, do you really learn something when a cartoon 8th grader makes fun of Dick Cheney or whatever.

No but its fun to kick back and get a good laugh at something everyone has been argueing about. I still die laughing every time the Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwhich comes on. "My opponent is a turd sandwhich. No you're a turd sandwhich. No you are. No you're a turd sandwhich. I'm sorry sir but I believe it is you who is actually a turd sandwhich....You're a turd sandwhich."

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
werldhed wrote:

lol why you mad at me

My college has classes on anime, but that doesn't mean there is anything profound about anime other than its ability to prolong virginity. There are sociology classes at some universities about Lil Kim's lyrics. Does that mean that "Eat my Pussy Right" is going to impact our society. :lol:

I never said I was mad at you; I'm just confused that you'd consider Dave Chappelle's humor to be sophisticated but all cartoons are not sophisticated simply because they're not live actors.
And your analogy doesn't fit: I'm not saying that just because a class is taught at college it means the subject is intelligent. I was talking about a philosophy class that deals with the intellectual commentary found in The Simpsons. A sociology class about Lil Kim's lyrics probably is using it as an example of mindlessness in hip hop culture. There is a difference between these two examples that I'm sure would mean something to you if Dave Chappelle explained it.

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok man well you seem pretty heavy into nerd culture and stuff so I won't argue with you, I'm not trying to!

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

werldhed wrote:
A sociology class about Lil Kim's lyrics probably is using it as an example of mindlessness in hip hop culture.

hahah are you serious no no no. you're mad dumb dude

EYE gee EM!
EYE gee EM!
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That was a profound rebuttal. You clearly are an expert at intellectual and philosophical thought. I concede.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think Keep It Real is raw. Nobody is this stupid without trying to be. Except STD.

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
I think Keep It Real is raw. Nobody is this stupid without trying to be. Except STD.

Reference to other people who I've never talked to flames.

Youre an internet sociopath and you have real problems. When you have real conversations with your friends do you say bizarre shit like this!?

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

werldhed wrote:
That was a profound rebuttal. You clearly are an expert at intellectual and philosophical thought. I concede.

a profound rebutall what the hell is this.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

good thing we're online where transient can post a funny picture when he doesn't like what is going on around him...If this was real life he wouldn't know what to do :lol:

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stoner wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:
Stoner wrote:
South Park owns Chapelle show.

Do you say things like "South Park owns Chapelle show" in real life??

Yea.

I say that all the time

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:

No one watches South Park for the news, retard. And no one here is your 'dog'

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh so you guys are like 17 year old white people with no girlfriends, oh ok right on i see.

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
good thing we're online where transient can post a funny picture when he doesn't like what is going on around him...If this was real life he wouldn't know what to do :lol:

Good thing this is the internet so you can pretend to be someone you're not

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
oh so you guys are like 17 year old white people with no girlfriends, oh ok right on i see.

For all the posting you did in the picture thread you sure didn't learn much about the people who post here.

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

ok well in real life i probably wouldnt want to talk to you, and you wouldn't talk to me so Star Trek Convention :icon10:

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 12:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
andyman wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

ok well in real life you wouldn't talk to me so Star Trek Convention :icon10:

You got that right

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
You got that right

okay neat

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 12:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck off BT

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 01:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck off Grudge

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 01:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who trolls the trolls?

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
Who trolls the trolls?

this thread is a 4 page thread about a cartoon wallpaper :icon26: :icon26:

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 01:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
Foo wrote:
Who trolls the trolls?

only because you're a cunt

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:
Foo wrote:
Who trolls the trolls?

dont be a groupie keep it moving, you dont know me

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 05-23-2005 02:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:
Foo wrote:
Who trolls the trolls?

dont be a groupie keep it moving, you dont know me

i was the first to call you a cunt.. again, take your shit to r&r you bitch

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

PostPosted: 05-23-2005 02:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

all you haters acting bad, you gonna have to show me :lol:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.