Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Made a GIR wallpaper (Invader Zim)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Made a GIR wallpaper (Invader Zim)

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 10:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just got done watching every episode of Invader Zim *cough* and love the show. I thought it was pretty funny, and needed a cartoon fix anyway. So I got to tinkering in Illustrator and made this wallpaper, using reference from part of the opening animation.

[lvlshot]http://webpages.charter.net/transient/gir01.png[/lvlshot]

Figured I'd share with you since I know there are at least a few Invader Zim fans here. I left a watermark out since I fucking hate those in wallpapers. :p

I'm not actually using it as my wallpaper though, because I made another one earlier that I prefer. Actually I use a dark version since I don't like bright white for my wallpapers. :)

(I miss my cupcake...)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Brother:

let's go milk some eagles at dawn tomorrow.

PostPosted: 05-22-2005 11:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i guess thats pretty neat if youre into that show but most adults i know dont like cartoons.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 11:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
i guess thats pretty neat if youre into that show but most adults i know dont like cartoons.

you obviously never heard of adult swim

Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 11:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:

rep, is that you?

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 11:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Put together well but I don't see myself using it. What you should do is put a full screen Zim in some really angry "im going to take over the world" pose.

PostPosted: 05-22-2005 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oldfriend wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

yeah, i guess you could say that, knowing that i dont watch cartoons or know anything about them! are you going to tell me what adult swim is?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i use the black aria too.

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 11:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
Oldfriend wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

yeah, i guess you could say that, knowing that i dont watch cartoons or know anything about them! are you going to tell me what adult swim is?

I'll tell you what this is

http://www.google.com

or is your computer not setup for that too?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
Oldfriend wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

but it's adult like to register and post on a gaming internet forum?

PostPosted: 05-22-2005 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1280x1024, thats fucking gay.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 11:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:

I can make is 1600x1200 if you actually want to use it. :shrug:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:

Adult Swim is on Cartoon Network. It's jsut a segment of time late at night when some nearly M-rated shows are on. Stuff like Family Guy reruns, Robot Chicken, and others.

BTW Robot Chicken is fucking funny as hell. I never watched Cartoon Network before, but someone clued me in to this goldmine of a show, heh. :)

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 12:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very cool. Saved :icon25:

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 12:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:

Its the perfect resolution for a 19" monitor.

PostPosted: 05-22-2005 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
ToxicBug wrote:

make one 1280x960

PostPosted: 05-22-2005 12:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just crop it yourself, tard

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 01:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:
Transient wrote:
ToxicBug wrote:

make one 1280x960

Change your resolution. I'm actually running 1360x1024 :icon31:

PostPosted: 05-22-2005 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CRT monitors have a 4:3 ratio. 1280x960 is 4:3, anyone who is using 1280x1024 (5:4) on a CRT monitor gets a squished image.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 01:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm on a CRT and my image isn't squished. :shrug:

Banned
Banned
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It doesn't squash the images there's just more screen space.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 01:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:
CRT monitors have a 4:3 ratio. 1280x960 is 4:3, anyone who is using 1280x1024 (5:4) on a CRT monitor gets a squished image.

960 is squished because you're rendering fewer rows. Have you ever tried switching? Or are you just trying to hide the fact you have a shit monitor that can't support it?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You mean stretched, right?

PostPosted: 05-22-2005 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:
Oldfriend wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

listen you antisocial little sociopath, I don't want to hear it!! In a real conversation if someone mentions a TV show I don't go home and research it on the net, loner. Save the passive aggresive attitude for your mother when she asks why you spent your entire Sunday alone with your computer, k?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 05:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hahahaha! Thanks for making me laugh. :)

edit: just to make this perfectly clear, I am laughing AT you

PostPosted: 05-22-2005 05:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
andyman wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:
Oldfriend wrote:
Keep It Real wrote:

listen you antisocial little sociopath, I don't want to hear it!! In a real conversation if someone mentions a TV show I don't go home and research it on the net, loner. Save the passive aggresive attitude for your mother when she asks why you spent your entire Sunday alone with your computer, k?

but we're not in a real conversation, we are on the internet so use it newb. Tell your mom i said hi

PostPosted: 05-22-2005 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sorry kid I don't live with my mom, or post from my bedroom. :lol:

PostPosted: 05-22-2005 05:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
sorry kid I don't live with my mom, or post from my bedroom. :lol:

hahahahahahahahha

PostPosted: 05-22-2005 05:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so what is it you do then?

edit: antisocial little sociopath....i didn't even see that lol

Last edited by andyman on 05-22-2005 05:39 PM, edited 2 times in total.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 05:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He keeps it real yo

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 05:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ToxicBug wrote:

Cry more?

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

on a lighter note.. not much into zim anymore but yeah looks real nice with my icons..

It curdled, and then I couldn't drink it. So I mixed it with some water, and it was alright again.

I am now sick.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 05:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep It Real wrote:
HAHA you got jokes? Shut the fuck up, that shit is past corny... motherfuckers dont even be listening to metal outside in the real world, keep that school shooting jump off in your parents basement doggie.

:icon19:

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 05:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I love Invader Zim, if my avatar didn't give it away, I have the first DVD, need to get the second one.
I say we send Keep It Real to A ROOM WITH A MOOSE! for those that watch IZ

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 05-22-2005 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kills On Site wrote:
I love Invader Zim, if my avatar didn't give it away, I have the first DVD, need to get the second one.
I say we send Keep It Real to A ROOM WITH A MOOSE! for those that watch IZ

lol great epp..

did they ever go back to making new epps? i remember it got canceled or whatever but yeah, seems to still be popular.. o_O

I am now sick.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.