Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Quake 3 Arena Vadrigar

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 3 Arena Vadrigar

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-24-2016 09:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Question for those who know more about Quake 3 than me. Is the boss you fight at the end of Quake 3 a Vadrigar? I'm asking because it called itself the master of the arena, and it was also had the voice of the narrator. However, the Vadrigar were also a race of beings that created and watch over the arena itself. Is this Vadrigar supposed to be the one in charge of the arena? Very much like how a cock fighting ring owner would be in charge of their "arena"? Or did Raven just put no thought into the subject at all?

As an added plus, does anyone here have a picture of the Vadrigar from Quake 3? (A good one, not those bad ones on google) I remember the design being pretty cool, and I kind of wanted to draw one.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 07-24-2016 09:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Someone else can be the leader of this clan.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-24-2016 10:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am a little busy at this time but bid welcome to Bobandjim1260.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-24-2016 10:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

STRANGER DANGER

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-24-2016 10:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
Someone else can be the leader of this clan.

:olo:

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 08:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm assuming that nobody here has the answers to my questions?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 08:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does anyone have the boss's in game stats?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 08:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you know that if you beat him 10 times on Nightmare difficulty you unlock a golden railgun skin?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 08:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You also have to do it in a row without dying within 30 minutes and using only a gauntlet.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Did you know that if you beat him 10 times on Nightmare difficulty you unlock a golden railgun skin?

i heard when you get it you're able to do backflips?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 09:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's funny how crazy all of us were about this game years ago. Now we shit on anyone that just wants to enjoy it :olo:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 09:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bobandjim1260 wrote:
Question for those who know more about Quake 3 than me. Is the boss you fight at the end of Quake 3 a Vadrigar? I'm asking because it called itself the master of the arena, and it was also had the voice of the narrator. However, the Vadrigar were also a race of beings that created and watch over the arena itself. Is this Vadrigar supposed to be the one in charge of the arena? Very much like how a cock fighting ring owner would be in charge of their "arena"? Or did Raven just put no thought into the subject at all?

As an added plus, does anyone here have a picture of the Vadrigar from Quake 3? (A good one, not those bad ones on google) I remember the design being pretty cool, and I kind of wanted to draw one.

If I recall correctly Xerox, err I mean Xaero is an invincible warrior who created the arena to find someone able to kill him. Not sure though. Turns out he's a giant pussy aim botting bitch who wants to fight in the most open map possible. No wonder he's so good, if he took the time to actually fight in other arenas he'd probably be average at best. Cool flip though.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 11:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Bobandjim1260 wrote:

If I recall correctly Xerox, err I mean Xaero is an invincible warrior who created the arena to find someone able to kill him. Not sure though. Turns out he's a giant pussy aim botting bitch who wants to fight in the most open map possible. No wonder he's so good, if he took the time to actually fight in other arenas he'd probably be average at best. Cool flip though.

Interesting, they must have changed the "story" PS2 version from the PC. I think the Vardrigar appeared twice in the game. I'm just trying to collect as much information as I can.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 11:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, the ps2 version actually had a campaign

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 11:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really? TIL...

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 05:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hate to be so brash, but does anyone have any straight forward answers to my original question?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 05:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bobandjim1260 wrote:
I hate to be so brash, but does anyone have any straight forward answers to my original question?

I am by no means certain but googled for interest and found this, hope it helps Bobandjim1260

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxXeti5M-Wo
Sep 14, 2010 - Uploaded by OFFDERSS089
I killed the Vadrigar (last battle) in only 1:30. ... Quake 3 Arena Walkthrough Part 6 Tier 6 & 7 Final Boss ...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 05:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

did you read quake.wikia.com

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 07:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bobandjim1260 wrote:

Probably not. You should've asked your question in one of the subforums. I doubt anyone in General Discussion has even played the game in years.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 09:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
did you read quake.wikia.com

No, funny enough I never have :smirk: It is now on my 'to read' list so thank you SoM :up:

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 04:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

Today I learned. Never knew that. Can't imagine quake on a console was great though.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 05:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If we're being honest, the ps2 version is like that ugly step child that doesn't belong anywhere. It's like that book where bobba fett doesn't die in the sarlac. Sure it's ok to read but that totally didn't happen. Xaero is the final boss of quake 3 end of.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 07:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah. Well thank you for the insight that you guys did offer. I'll move this question into a sub forum.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 07:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When that topic was finally "moved" - this duplicate can be deleted :up:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 09:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

too HOT you do it

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 10:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
MKJ wrote:

Today I learned. Never knew that. Can't imagine quake on a console was great though.

I tried a bit of Quake Arena Arcade on Xbox 360.
It really sucks. It's basically the same game as Q3A with an extended SP mode (against bots) and some really poorly made extra custom maps, but the game is just too fast to properly play it with a controller.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 10:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
It really sucks. It's basically the same game as Q3A with an extended SP mode (against bots) and some really poorly made extra custom maps, but the game is just too fast to properly play it with a controller.

The Dreamcast port of Q3A really outshined the PS2 release,imo. The Dreamcast came with online multiplayer support out of the box, and it supported the Dreamcast mouse and keyboard. I guess they had to give the PS2 release something, and added in a "campaign"

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 11:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't even know there was a PS2 version. :dork:

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This thread can be deleted

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 11:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It will serve as a reminder.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 01:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bobandjim1260 wrote:
This thread can be deleted

According to this wiki on Vadrigar Xaero was a Vadrigar.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 01:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

I'll not rush out to try it anytime soon then :(

I find any action game difficult on a console, keyboard and mouse all day long for me

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 07:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think we should make a game ABOUT THE GAME itself...

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 07:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Im really glad and proud this question was raised so scholarly. I think once we completely build the chinese superscope and find out more about planets outside of this solar system..more will be revealed about this ancient and powerful identity.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 07:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Bobandjim1260 wrote:

I read this and find, as a dedicated, highly learned player, to be a bullshit hoax.

IF xaero really wanted to defeat anyone, it would have chosen dm17 to be your end.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.