Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Clinton

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: President Clinton

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-24-2016 05:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why dont we just elect the media.. so its not a totalitarian state, then, it will be a democracy.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-24-2016 07:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Stuff like this is good in that it helps more people see how compromised media is.

Hard to understate how bad in many other ways it is though.

Not saying it's bad but it comes back to my point that I made before with people just not caring enough. Everyone knows the media is bias and everyone knows there's ways to get a better informed opinion but that doesn;t happen. Ultimately the responsibility resides with us and unfortunately we just can't be arsed enough to look into it. I think people have a well formed narrative in their head anyway and when the media mention something that reinforces that narrative it becomes a confirmation bias, imo anyway.

In cases of things like the Murdoch empire I actually think it's the media playing up to public opinion rather than vice versa.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-24-2016 11:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-24-2016 01:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Debbie Wasserman Schultz Resigns As Democratic Party Chair
The Florida congresswoman had faced calls to resign for months, after Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and his supporters accused her of rigging the Democratic primaries against him.[/Quote]

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57950 ... mg00000063

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-24-2016 02:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
seremtan wrote:
people want to be spoon-fed The Truth™

Truth™ is relative.

what does this image mean?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-24-2016 02:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
But, in a sign of possible unity, he said that the revelations did not change his endorsement of Clinton and again vowed to help her defeat GOP nominee Donald Trump.

Fuck he's dumb.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 03:38 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Quote:
But, in a sign of possible unity, he said that the revelations did not change his endorsement of Clinton and again vowed to help her defeat GOP nominee Donald Trump.

Fuck he's dumb.

What can he do? Say "don't vote Clinton" and subsequently watch all his supporters vote Trump instead?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 05:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you kidding? His supporters would vote for him if he ran third-party or joined forces with Jill Stein, even though he is nowhere near as progressive or anti-war as she is.

You don't start a "revolution" and support the establishment candidate after your own party cheated to ensure her nomination.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He can't join Jill (by law) after running for the Democratic nomination but he could run as an independent. However he's missed the deadline to file in a several important states.

He doesn't have to roll over for Hillary though and it's sad that he has imo.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 06:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
What can he do? Say "don't vote Clinton" and subsequently watch all his supporters vote Trump instead?

He could endorse Stein. Also I doubt too many of his supporters would vote for Trump even if he asked them to.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 06:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
He can't join Jill (by law) after running for the Democratic nomination

I didn't know about that, I just know Jill said she would welcome him to lead as a Green candidate:

Quote:
"I’ve invited Bernie to sit down and explore collaboration — everything is on the table,” Stein said in an interview with the Guardian. “If he saw that you can’t have a revolutionary campaign in a counter-revolutionary party, he’d be welcomed to the Green party. He could lead the ticket and build a political movement.”

IMO Jill is a better choice but the biggest mistake Bernie made was not telling his supporters to vote Green. It boggles my mind that he throws his support behind the party that cheated him out and the candidate that opposes every single one of his views. That's how you keep the establishment and the corrupt system going, Bernie.

Quote:
Green Party's Jill Stein Wants To Be 'Plan B' For Bernie Sanders Supporters

http://www.npr.org/2016/07/24/487252170 ... supporters

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 07:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess it's not as cut and dried as I made it out. There is what's known as the sore loser law but apparently it's been construed to not apply to presidential elections. It's varies from state to state though and again he'd also face the problem of having missed the deadline to file in many states.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 08:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Are you kidding? His supporters would vote for him if he ran third-party or joined forces with Jill Stein, even though he is nowhere near as progressive or anti-war as she is.

You don't start a "revolution" and support the establishment candidate after your own party cheated to ensure her nomination.

Maybe he's afraid that drawing votes away from Hillary Clinton only enforces Trump. Maybe him backing Clinton was purely a tactical endorsement.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 09:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^ almost certainly this. lesser of two evils

ffs mazda why are you so naive?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-25-2016 09:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
So, let me say first off, this is a problem that could be fixed with the stroke of a pen, this electoral system that tells you to vote against what you’re afraid of and not for what you believe. And, you know, what we’ve seen over the years, this strategy has a track record: This politics of fear has actually delivered everything we were afraid of. All the reasons you were told you had to vote for the lesser evil—because you didn’t want the massive Wall Street bailouts, the offshoring of our jobs, the meltdown of the climate, the endless expanding wars, the attack on immigrants—all that, we’ve gotten by the droves, because we allowed ourselves to be silenced. You know, silence is not what democracy needs. Right now we have an election where even the supporters of Hillary Clinton, the majority don’t support Hillary, they just oppose Donald Trump. And the majority of Donald Trump supporters don’t support him, they just oppose Hillary. And the majority are clamoring for another independent or several independent candidates and an independent party, and feel that they are being terribly misserved and mistreated by the current politics. So to further silence our voices is exactly the wrong thing to do. And I’ll just point out, Donald Trump himself is lifted up by a movement which is very much the product of the Clintons’ policies. The lesser evil very much makes inevitable the greater evil, because people don’t come out to vote for a politician that’s throwing them under the bus. And so we see houses of—the houses of Congress, we have also seen statehouse after statehouse, flipping from red to blue over the years as the Democratic Party has become a lesser-evil party. And Donald Trump is buoyed up by the policies passed by Bill Clinton, supported by Hillary—that is, deregulation of Wall Street, which led to the disappearance of 9 million jobs, 5 million people thrown out of their homes, and by NAFTA, which exported those jobs. That’s exactly the economic oppression and stress that has led to this right-wing extremism. So you can’t get where you want to go through the lesser evil. At the end of the day, you’ve got to stand up.

http://www.democracynow.org/2016/6/9/gr ... in_what_we

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
“I would say all Republican foreign policy professionals are anti-Trump,” leading neoconservative Robert Kagan told a group gathered around him, groupie-style, at a “foreign policy professionals for Hillary” fundraiser I attended last week. “I would say that a majority of people in my circle will vote for Hillary.”

As the co-founder of the neoconservative think tank Project for the New American Century, Kagan played a leading role in pushing for America’s unilateral invasion of Iraq, and insisted for years afterwards that it had turned out great.

Despite the catastrophic effects of that war, Kagan insisted at last week’s fundraiser that U.S. foreign policy over the last 25 years has been “an extraordinary success.”

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/25/rob ... y-clinton/

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*shudder*

i still think shillary would be marginally less delusional than trump

marginally

Last edited by seremtan on 07-26-2016 01:44 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-26-2016 07:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its okay if we stop layering our foreign podnuhs in hershey syrup and letting our dogs lick at them.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-28-2016 07:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Much too long to read the topic and of little interest to me personally so I'll just say, if I were to vote there I'd vote for Hillary Clinton.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 09:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so you'd vote for the blonde bombshill because she's not the blonde clowntard?

or was there another reason?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 09:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pretty much how every election works ?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 12:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's a legit question for anyone anywhere who supports Shillary: "give me a reason why that doesn't reference Trump"

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, she may only have 1 thing going for her but it's a pretty big thing.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 02:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"...and without referencing her gender."

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd like to see her birth certificate to confirm that

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, she's at least competent. Trump can't say that much.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 02:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aye, I mean I'd take a Bush with hindsight involved over Trump :smirk:

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 06:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

>was secretary of state
>cannot even into basic op-sec
>actively worked around the provided experts
>resulted in foreign powers having unfettered access to all communications of the secretary of state for her time in that position

Yeah competent.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 10:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And Trump invites Putin to hack into the DNC and release the info to journalists, affecting a US election.

Just because she's shit with her emails doesn't mean she isn't competent in other ways.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-29-2016 11:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

I would be worried, even on the other side of this small planet, if Trump had access to the nuke codes (yes, I know it wouldn't/shouldn't be that easy, hopefully) :smirk: :smirk:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-30-2016 10:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
And Trump invites Putin to hack into the DNC and release the info to journalists, affecting a US election.

Just because she's shit with her emails doesn't mean she isn't competent in other ways.

you could say Trump is 'competent' because he's been successful enough at business to get into the 1%. so what?

competence is like personal hygiene: it should just be expected, and its absence makes someone a stinky shit

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-30-2016 12:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He started in the 1%. His father was competent. If Trump had just left his inheritance alone, he'd have more money from interest than he does now.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-30-2016 08:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 07-30-2016 09:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LAWD HAVE MERCY

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-03-2016 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

warren buffett :olo:

"hey dicks, look at my rich friends!"

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.