Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        President Clinton

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: President Clinton

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 05:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The title says it all.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 05:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:puke:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 06:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We could fill this thread up with as much bullshit as the Trump thread...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

She'll be great for the uber-rich who now own almost everything, great for the banks, great for the weapons manufacturers, great for the jails for profit people, just to name a few of her constituents.
An utterly slimy human being .

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

She'll be great for the corporations, banks, military-industrial complex, Saudi and Israeli terrorists, the invasion of sovereign countries, unethical subsidies and lobbyists, human rights violators, and the destruction of the environment.

All in all, she'll be great for the status quo.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 07:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Monica Lewins likes this :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 09:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
She'll be great for the corporations, banks, military-industrial complex, Saudi and Israeli terrorists, the invasion of sovereign countries, unethical subsidies and lobbyists, human rights violators, and the destruction of the environment.

All in all, she'll be great for the status quo.

This is the kind of argumentation I see a lot, where Hillary is said to be a continuation of current politics. Then, more often than not, people follow up by saying how the US is fucked because it's going to be a choice between two evils (often implying one isn't necessarily much worse than the other).

Now, if a vote for Hillary is a vote for the status quo (nothing changes compared to how things are now) then are these people saying that things are really that bad right now? Especially compared to the shit that Trump will likely bring to the table?

In other words, with Hillary Clinton things will more or less stay the same but we're all pretty much in agreement that with Trump things will get much worse. The choice shouldn't be that hard then, right?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 09:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Think of the policies that have been brought forward during Obama's time (TPP for example) and the proxy wars and acts of terrorism his government has initiated. Then remember that Hilary was one of the leading war drummers of his staff and it's not hard to imagine how much worse things will get with her in power, especially with how much more she fellates Netanyahu and his AIPAC cronies compared to Obomba.

I think "the lesser of two evils" approach is what morons say to comfort themselves knowing they're part of a broken system that needs to be torn down but are unwilling to do anything about it.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 10:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

assuming you actually mean Monica Lewinsky, i doubt that, since Shillary connived in her husband's attempts to smear her once he'd had his way with her like the shitcunt he is

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 10:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Honestly, what do you think that marriage and relationship is like? There's no way they're on good terms. How could they possibly have a healthy kinship? I bet their alone time with each other is unbearable...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 11:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 11:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone know wtf seremtan is babbling about?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes, just not you :up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 02:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
[img]

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

The Alpha and the Omega
The Alpha and the Omega
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is the world ready for the most powerful leader to be a woman? HILL' NO!

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 05:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Personally I would rather have Clinton than Trump any day

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 06:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Synergy wrote:
Is the world ready for the most powerful leader to be a woman? HILL' NO!

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 11:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, Ronny was probably still more powerful than Thatcher, but then we do still have precedent:

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 09:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What DOESN'T make sense is that there's enough evidence (& bad crimes (at least apparently)) in her emails to jail her for life.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-27-2016 07:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

At least Clinton's being seen better than Trump for the bad things he's done, anyway...

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Warmongering piece of shit

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 02:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

coltonquake3 wrote:
At least Clinton's being seen better than Trump for the bad things he's done, anyway...

thing is, Trump hasn't really done anything bad on the scale of Clinton. he's a dodgy blowhard who says racist things; she's a slimy maniac who loves bombing and has blood on her hands

which isn't to say Trump wouldn't be a massive cunt if he had his hands on the levers of power. just that Clinton's already been there, done that

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-28-2016 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 12:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree with all that Hilly stuff, it's true - she's mostly a terrible person.

Trump though... he's worse. So much worse.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 12:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just because he hasn't had his tiny tiny fingers on the drone controls yet doesn't mean he wouldn't push that red button...

Here's how i see it: Hillary is a woman with a strong lust for power, but at least she tends to surround herself with semi capable people to whom she actually listens occasionally. Her style is Machiavellian Realpolitik, a continuation of the status quo, it's Obama's style too. Though yes, she would probabably be more agressive.

Trump on the other hand is a narcisist and surrounds himself with sycophants, makes uninformed emotional decisions and takes pride in being unpredictable. I'd say he's ten times more likely to do something profoundly stupid like shoot down a Chinese jet and start a war for no reason at all.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 03:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree with Ryoki. Trump is also more likely to let his arrogance cause mjor damage to relationships with allied nations (even the European countries). Hillary will probably weasel her way through any international talks, get what she wants and make the other countries feel good about themselves in the process.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 05:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd rather not have them take the risk

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well the US is unlikely to bomb the Netherlands so you get to have that opinion from a position of relative safety

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 09:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-29-2016 11:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so check your privilege, clogg0

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-30-2016 04:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
That's still speculation over objective fact. Jus' sayin'. It's belief over certainty on both sides. That's the Trump card ('arf) vs Hillary.

Yes well. Let's see if i can think of a fitting metaphore... ah, yes, here we go:

As a restaurant owner, my chef just died in a freak frying pan incident so i'm hiring. I have a sous chef, who's been working for me for ages and desperately wants the job, but never considered him because he's a raging alcoholic who i suspect stole from the register that one time. But the only other candidate that applied is a ten year old child with tiny hands, who claims to be able to cook 'huge things that are very important, believe me'. It'll be his first job, and he refused to bake an egg to demonstrate his skills, suggesting he was being treated very unfairly.

Who do i choose? :question:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-30-2016 05:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There was a pretty good article about Trump-voters in "Die Zeit", a larger german newspaper.
According to the article the majority of those voters are not your poor, racist redneck freaks but instead the middle-class. The class that is fading away in the US. The class that actually made that state liveable and loveable.
Hillary on the other hand, according to that article, founded an outsourcing-enterprise north of NY. She is pro H-1B Visa. An instrument to get cheap workers into the US, pushing the middle-class out of their jobs while paying poor to the new labourers.
In that light I can understand the Trump-voters.
I don't know about the political direction of "Die Zeit". It was the first time I read it, on a plane.
Personnaly, I don't have an exact opinion on the topic. It's a fucked up situation.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-30-2016 06:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
any true left-wing sentiment that springs up.

The wind is chimming in from both sides now, mind you. AfD in Germany, De Wilders in NL, Front Nacional in France, Austria just voted right, Brexit. Everyone is angry it seems.

Correction: In the end the austrian green canidate won. But it was a close call with a right-wing candidate, very right-wing and very close.

Last edited by Ferrao10 on 06-30-2016 06:20 AM, edited 1 time in total.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-30-2016 06:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, but in the US the middle-class is not traditional left, imo. Or is it?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.