Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The Cultural Implosion Catalogue

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The Cultural Implosion Catalogue

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-05-2017 04:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:yawn:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-05-2017 04:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:

Whilst I agree...I feel this is needs to be responded to as it very much feels like Memphis has just highlighted that it can't be racist because it's against a white person.

Memphis wrote:

An all new low for CNN. Which I suppose is an achievement :dork:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38514759

Quote:
The man being assaulted has special needs, police say. His assailants can be heard making derogatory statements against white people and President-elect Donald Trump.
In one part of the video they use a knife to remove part of his scalp.

Quote:
In other videos posted online the young man is beaten, made to drink from a toilet bowl and forced at knife-point to say "I love black people".

I don't think CNN reported anything that isn't true. It was a racist attack. Let me show you;

Quote:
The man being assaulted has special needs, police say. His assailants can be heard making derogatory statements against BLACK people and President BARACK OBAMA.
In one part of the video they use a knife to remove part of his scalp.

Quote:
In other videos posted online the young man is beaten, made to drink from a toilet bowl and forced at knife-point to say "I love WHITE people".

See?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-05-2017 04:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Ryoki wrote:

You don't think a mentally ill person being kidnapped and tortured live on social media in a racially motivated attack is news? :|

Got the wrong end of the stick. As you were.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-05-2017 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Will say there's a difference between being a racist and saying racist things and that it may not have been a racially motivated attack, however, if you're spewing shit like that whilst abusing a white man then you can't blame people for thinking it.

imo it may not have been racially motivated however what they were committing was a hate crime. If whitey were to do the same thing to a member of a different race then it would also probaly be perceived as a hate crime. It was also an attack involving racism so it was a racist attack, wether it was meant ironically or not :shrug:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-05-2017 12:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
You don't think a mentally ill person being kidnapped and tortured live on social media in a racially motivated attack is news? :|

Not very, a distraction, really. Local news at best.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-05-2017 02:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you hurt?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-06-2017 12:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
seremtan wrote:
[LOL NNNNNGGGGGGGRRRRRR]

Jesus christ, this reminds me of something I've been thinking about a lot, lately.

That guy seriously doesn't look like he wants to be there. As if he's as far away from being in on the joke as one could get. It's like people only give a shit when people are being tortured if its politically convenient.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-06-2017 12:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

g

Last edited by Ganemi on 04-09-2023 04:03 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-06-2017 02:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Will say there's a difference between being a racist and saying racist things and that it may not have been a racially motivated attack, however, if you're spewing shit like that whilst abusing a white man then you can't blame people for thinking it.

Same goes for Memphis and Ryoki/PuFF, namsayn?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-06-2017 04:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
S'pose. Dude up the road from me scalped a retard just the other day :|

I'm very possibly skewed in my opinion because i've been working in forensic healthcare for years.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-12-2017 05:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I saw a documentary on that shit. Some people want to get their arm amputated, for example, because they feel like it's 'unnatural'. Apparently the wires get crossed in the brain and it makes them feel like they have a foreign appendage or whatnot.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-12-2017 05:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's all an elaborate ruse to be able to park closer to store entrances. :paranoid:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 04:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it's an elaborate ruse to claim that much-coveted victim status

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-13-2017 05:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
it's an elaborate ruse to claim that much-coveted victim status

ding
snowflake syndrome

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 01:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seeing the sub-title, I reckon the rest of the article is drenched in sarcasm and irony.

edit:
Ok memphis, just read the goddamn article in its entirety instead of fueling your racist self with more hatred funneled through bite-sized info snacks from 4chan or reddit.

The tl;dr is basically this:
the app was created not entirely seriously but to make a comment on social issues surrounding income and inequality of wealth. It's a way to make a, sometimes rather intangible issue less abstract and get the discussion going. The creator of the app (apparently a professional comedian) is using the term "fun" more than once in relation to the idea behind the app. So no, this isn't some matriarchal, BLM kind of anti-white-people thing. In fact, the app comes with a built-in "protest" feature to let the creator know how much of a dick you think he is.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 02:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
I know it's a joke

Sure :shrug:

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 05:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ganemi wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

imo it may not have been racially motivated however what they were committing was a hate crime. If whitey were to do the same thing to a member of a different race then it would also probaly be perceived as a hate crime. It was also an attack involving racism so it was a racist attack, wether it was meant ironically or not :shrug:

Uh, if whitey were doing it, they probably wouldn't actually get jail time.

Bollocks.

Eraser wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

Same goes for Memphis and Ryoki/PuFF, namsayn?

Only what Memph posts is obviously meant with irony. I don't think Memph has abused anyone ?. I even said those fuckos might've meant the racism ironically it's just the actions were supporting what was coming out of their mouth. You can't spot the racist without determining someones intentions because that's where real racism is - inside the mind, anyone can be politically correct, even genuine racists.

I like Regi D Hunters line - "Any word with hate behind it can be racist".

Eraser wrote:
Seeing the sub-title, I reckon the rest of the article is drenched in sarcasm and irony.

edit:
Ok memphis, just read the goddamn article in its entirety instead of fueling your racist self with more hatred funneled through bite-sized info snacks from 4chan or reddit.

The tl;dr is basically this:
the app was created not entirely seriously but to make a comment on social issues surrounding income and inequality of wealth. It's a way to make a, sometimes rather intangible issue less abstract and get the discussion going. The creator of the app (apparently a professional comedian) is using the term "fun" more than once in relation to the idea behind the app. So no, this isn't some matriarchal, BLM kind of anti-white-people thing. In fact, the app comes with a built-in "protest" feature to let the creator know how much of a dick you think he is.

This is the most German reaction to a joke I have ever seen :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 10:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Which is amazing as he is Dutch

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 10:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*want to comment on inequality*
*make app*
*want to do something about it in public office*
*go fuck yourself* *muh taxes* etc

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
I know it's a joke mofo, just a somewhat self-aware one viewed via that snippet. thatstheotherjoke.jpg :|

If someone seriously thinks that anyone should by default pay more on a bill than anyone else, simply because of their skin colour and gender, then it is they who are racist and sexist. Innit? :dts:

The fact that people are having a hard time telling if you're joking, or think something's a joke, should be very telling. Now everybody just thinks you're a dick.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 03:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Most people don't think about him at all.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 03:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think about him. And you. <3

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 03:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Without pants I hope <3

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-17-2017 04:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, I never post with pants on. :alert:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 01:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Neither - it's just incredibly difficult to guage tone and mood over text when you try and be 'subtle' about things.

That and you just post bucket loads of conflicting shit which further muddies the water.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 01:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

admin material

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 01:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
What can I say? I'm either that good, or folks are that dumb :|

Not really. It's just a childish conversational technique, you've been using it for a while now. Post shock messages, get responses, do not engage in conversation about substance but instead post another (sometimes polar opposite) shock message. It very much invites but frustratingly makes impossible any meaningful interaction with you on anything, the end result is that you're mostly in control of the 'conversation'. As a side effect you indeed come across as a dick and accomplish very little else. Glad to hear it makes you feel smarter than the rest of us i guess, that's nice for you.

Transient wrote:

:drool:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 04:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

to be fair, the next four years starting on Friday is going to be simultaneously sad but also comedy gold

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 06:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
What can I say? I'm either that good, or folks are that dumb :|

With the huffpost thing, it was absolutely positively impossible to tell whether or not you had read the entire article (which I highly doubt, seeing as you linked the (might I add: conveniently cropped) pic off of Reddit). You insinuated Huffpost had lost its mind and fell into some sort of misguided SJW extremist category and didn't add an ounce of information that accurately reflected the true essence of the article or the app itself. With the way you've positioned yourself in public opinion, the only singular conclusion that could be drawn was that you were again vomiting your disgust all over the SJW-ness of Huffpost/the app in a supposed tongue-in-cheek way.

The fact that you then, when this is more or less pointed out to you, come to the conclusion that either you must be brilliant or we must be dumb, tells me that you are completely out of touch with yourself and might just as well be the misogynistic racist asshole that you try not to be.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 07:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah so you see how that's utterly confusing? You spew out anti-SJW post after anti-SJW post but then you go and post, without context, something that looks extremely tailored to make Huffington Post look SJW and somehow it should be obvious that you are applauding them for not being SJW.

To me it can be either one of two things:
1 - You have no idea how little sense you make, how inconsistent you are and (last but not least) how little of a fuck people give about crap like this (hence not knowing about the supposed SJW-ness of HuffPost), or;
2 - You're trying to weasel yourself out of a bad spot.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 09:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't it be both? I can see it being both.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 10:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

True

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 02:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Uh, yeah, what's your point here? I'm not contradicting myself.
You didn't paraphrase the article, nor give a well thought out opinion about it. In fact, you didnt even post a link to the article. You posted a screengrab off of Reddit which was edited in such a way that, without context, could easily be interpreted as an anti-HuffingtingPost or anti-Equitable sentiment.

This is also exemplary of what Ryoki was talking about earlier. You now post two, as far as I can tell, unrelated quotes combined with a single smiley. There's no way to tell what you think or mean. You may think that makes me dumb, but consider the option that you are severely overestimating your own ability to bring across coherent thoughts through a written medium.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 04:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-18-2017 05:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol yep

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.