Previous topic | Next topic 

Stay or leave the EU ?
Stay  57%  [ 15 ]
Leave  42%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 26
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Brexiting is closer than I thought it would be

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 09:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're really boring. You used to be funny.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

100bn wiped off the ftse100 in 1 day (8%), the 250 dropped 11%.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh come on dont be all mwah' m wah! chin up !

i am happy of your new increases your enthusiasm and excitement are understandable .

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Big Pits gonna close down, St Fagans, porthcawl and barry are gonna go back to a sea of turds :cry:

The transporter bridge !

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GAY

also

>2018
>single market deal signed
>open borders with EU because muh free trade bruh
>no referendum this time
>salt for miles around

plained
plained
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
You're really boring. You used to be funny.

he is still funny! :olo:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 10:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/24/12024634/b ... egret-vote

GJ idiots.

Quote:
A quick note on the first three tragedies. Firstly, it was the working classes who voted for us to leave because they were economically disregarded, and it is they who will suffer the most in the short term. They have merely swapped one distant and unreachable elite for another.

Secondly, the younger generation has lost the right to live and work in 27 other countries. We will never know the full extent of the lost opportunities, friendships, marriages and experiences we will be denied. Freedom of movement was taken away by our parents, uncles, and grandparents in a parting blow to a generation that was already drowning in the debts of our predecessors.

Thirdly and perhaps most significantly, we now live in a post-factual democracy. When the facts met the myths they were as useless as bullets bouncing off the bodies of aliens in a HG Wells novel. When Michael Gove said, ‘The British people are sick of experts,’ he was right. But can anybody tell me the last time a prevailing culture of anti-intellectualism has led to anything other than bigotry?

Last edited by Transient on 06-24-2016 10:50 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 10:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Right-Wing Brexit Leader Admits Key Campaign Promise Was a Complete Lie

Thursday night, a slim majority of Britons voted in favor of leaving the European Union — otherwise called a British exit and commonly shortened to “Brexit.” The vote to leave was based in large part on the promise that £350 million pounds normally allocated to the European Union each week would instead be available for UK’s massively popular National Health Services (NHS). However, Good Morning Britain’s Susanna Reid pressed Farage on the claim, who admitted it was “one of the mistakes” the Vote Leave campaign made.

http://usuncut.com/world/brexit-campaig ... plete-lie/

:olo: :olo: :olo:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 12:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
http://www.vox.com/2016/6/24/12024634/brexit-supporters-regret-vote

holy fucking shit :dork: :dts:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 12:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Quote:
The vote to leave was based in large part on the promise that £350 million pounds normally allocated to the European Union each week would instead be available for UK’s massively popular National Health Services (NHS).

no it wasn't

holy shit that's bad journalism

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:

GJ idiots.

lol Europe's America...oh wait, not anymore :olo:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 02:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's plenty of stupid to go around, amirite?

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 02:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

apparently so

The Alpha and the Omega
The Alpha and the Omega
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 02:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As one of the leading economies in the world this action has caused great uncertainty and panic in the global financial system.
I can only imagine the deep, collective regret the British population must be feeling right now.
They just wanted to make a point, to be heard.
They must feel so insecure now as a nation knowing they will be all on their own economically. Image

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 02:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Transient wrote:

GJ idiots.

lol Europe's America...oh wait, not anymore :olo:

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechcons ... rexit-vote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Synergy wrote:
As one of the leading economies in the world

*edit: did you edit? i swear that read economists and my joke is ruined :miffed:

even 'experts' don't know what the fuck tho. buckle up. it's just a ride :)

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 03:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

edit: nevermind, it was already posted.

What is the EU?

Last edited by phantasmagoria on 06-24-2016 03:44 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:
Corbyn needs to go :/

Christ no. Splitting Labour now would be utterly moronic. They will try though, all the same.

Labours already split and Corbyn nailed his colours to the wall and turned on his voters. The dick was meant to be an alternative to modern politics but instead did what killed Labour in Scotland and sided with the bluenoses during the referendum. Dude fucked up, and I'm someone who voted for him.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 04:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Two UK car hire companies websites are down for me :confused: :question: at this time

http://www.budget.co.uk and http://www.avis.co.uk/

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 05:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's my take - I'm not massively concerned, my job and finances appear to be secure but looking at the whole picture then the only way I could accept this reality is if the winning side actually brought a decent plan to the table beforehand, but, it's not what Johnson, Gove, or Nigel have given us. The frustrating thing is that the security and consistency we knew has been fucked off for what I see as a 'snake oil revolution'. 'Leave' has campaigned by spreading fears about immigration, about future EU entrants, misinformation and outright fucking bullshit about EU costs, EU funding, about freedom of movement - bullshit - fact. They've also made bullshit economic predictions.

And no mention of a fucking plan ?, what in the actual fuck ?. And don't come at me with your holier than thou rhetoric about the EU being a democracy or how they maker their decisions or whatever, the vast majority of the public made their decisions on the utter bullshit from the mouth of those bastards, misinformation and lies from the 'leave' campaign. Don't think I have any respect for 'remain' either, they're a bunch of cunts too, but seeing as 'leave' won - what now ?, no path laid out as to how ?, the conditions ?, and the end result ?, how our exit from the EU will be conducted ?. Do 'Leave' voters know?, I have my doubts, I bet they never even thought about it, it's the 'we got our country back'. So what now ?, what was it for ?, that's where the hard hitting answers should have been, cos no one I have asked can provide me with one. Try asking anyone about how will we better off out of the EU ?, what is the exit plan ?, what is our arrangements going to be ?, that's where the discussion ends !. Semen and Memph came to their conclusions based on their own opinions, fair enough, but trust me when I say they aren't representative of the voters in this country.

Without answers to these questions after the referendum has finished, it's very difficult to take the 'leave' voters seriously. Not only have they voted for a massive gamble, they seemingly don't even know what they've gambled on. I'm not pissed off we're leaving, I'm fucking fuming that we've had smoke blown up our collective arseholes and are now sat around wondering wtf just happened or what happens next.

The Welsh FFS, the Welsh have a massive reliance on EU funding, Gwent had 5 bln in construction grants up until 2020 and guess how 'we' voted ?. Did no one think of even mentioning that to any of the muppets that voted for their country back ?, did no one even think of mentioning how that short fall will be made up ?. There's shit all over Newport that's entirely reliant on EU funding.

I blame the Torys too, surprise surprise, but those fuckers have been project fear since Gordon Brown and have been riding rough shot over the electorate since gaining power. They've sewn more discontent in this country since being in control than I have witnessed in my lifetime. Separating the scroungers from the strivers, rich vs poor, the strain of immigrants on our economy, all bullshit to draw attention away from their own fuck ups the pig fucking, self serving bastards.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 06:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's also worth noting that Scotland is pretty much gone now, it'd be fucked up to force them to stay.

So, just Wales and NI to vote non Tory. Fucking beautiful.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 06:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I do feel for you people over there :tear: :tear:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 10:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What a pig farage is

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 11:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My 2 cents; immigration - root cause

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 11:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks Einstein

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 11:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my 2 cents; pope - catholic

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 11:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The whole vote out and you're racist is incredible, but easy to understand. Loads of people i know in Shropshire voted out thinking there'd be troops of border control roaming the streets with big nets 'kickin' the fuckers out'. And I think it's a real shame the actual valid reasons to leaving were lost in UKIPs BS.

Also it's got to be said I nearly voted out just because of that FUCKING TWAT Bob Geldof.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 11:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Unchecked mass immigration. Censorship. A decade of lies upon lies, from both our main parties. Laced with propaganda, amidst a consistant downward spiral of wealth inequality. All adds up.

It wasn't even all about the EU. Although many simply noted some countries going full backwards retardaroo, in telling their own citizens to cover up and stay at home, so as not to offend the foreign folks they were paying for to move in, despite forced austerity measures. Not to mention the use of political correctness as a demonising weapon, resulting in it only being turned on itself. 52% of the country is now officially racist, according to the progressives. Who are no doubt ironically, outside anywhere Boris is right now, hurling all manner of abuse.

Seems the whole forced multiculturalism experiment is ever more likely to come crashing down - and it's at least good that it'll happen democratically - even if it produces more salt for the Salt God than the Salt God could ever want.

Nailed it Memphis :!:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 11:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Unchecked mass immigration. Censorship. A decade of lies upon lies, from both our main parties. Laced with propaganda, amidst a consistant downward spiral of wealth inequality. All adds up.

It wasn't even all about the EU. Although many simply noted some countries going full backwards retardaroo, in telling their own citizens to cover up and stay at home, so as not to offend the foreign folks they were paying for to move in, despite forced austerity measures. Not to mention the use of political correctness as a demonising weapon, resulting in it only being turned on itself. 52% of the country is now officially racist, according to the progressives. Who are no doubt ironically, outside anywhere Boris is right now, hurling all manner of abuse.

Seems the whole forced multiculturalism experiment is ever more likely to come crashing down - and it's at least good that it'll happen democratically - even if it produces more salt for the Salt God than the Salt God could ever want.

^ the vote was about the EU. whatever other mongtardiana voters may have had swilling around in their brainpans as they trooped to the polling station, it wasn't a vote to end puhli'ical cuhrrectnuss gon maaad, or throw out allan snackbar and the people from the east who fix the shit you break, or end muh diversity

membership of the EU was what was on the ballot paper. if you think all the rest follows automatically from this you're living in a magical world of unicorns, rainbows and special needs

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-24-2016 11:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wins

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 06-25-2016 01:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Whiskey 7 wrote:
My 2 cents; immigration - root cause

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ho ... 95191.html

Migrants aren't the problem for our population, it's us. Personally I don't see the problem with open borders, we're all migrants to the country anyway. At what point do you define not being a migrant? 10 years, 100 years, 500 years? Crazy.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-25-2016 02:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah the big issue we have are the huge amount of home grown lazy, dole claiming fuck wits we produce.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-25-2016 02:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not being born in your country of residence is a start...?

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 06-25-2016 02:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The majority of the bigoted people here don't recognise that. They'll see the fact someone has a slightly different colour of skin or whatever and instantly assume they're foreigners regardless. It's mostly the older generation though rather than the younger generation who think that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

and hey, guess which generation swung the vote for leave? :p

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-25-2016 04:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
Yeah the big issue we have are the huge amount of home grown lazy, dole claiming fuck wits we produce.

Nup, that arguement is just as bad as the immigrants are killing our economy.

losCHUNK wrote:

I blame the Torys too, surprise surprise, but those fuckers have been project fear since Gordon Brown and have been riding rough shot over the electorate since gaining power. They've sewn more discontent in this country since being in control than I have witnessed in my lifetime. Separating the scroungers from the strivers, rich vs poor, the strain of immigrants on our economy, all bullshit to draw attention away from their own fuck ups the pig fucking, self serving bastards.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.