Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Teslagrad

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Teslagrad

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-15-2016 05:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone heard of this game?
I picked it up for €1.99 on Steam last week. Unfortunately it looks like it's back to its full €9,99 price now, but I'd say it's worth it.

The game is a 2D side scroller in Metroidvania style. The gimmick is that there's blocks in the level that are electrically charged in either blue or red. You have a glove that you can use to punch other blocks in either color. Blocks of opposite color attract and of the same color repel, just like magnets. Using this mechanic, you can solve puzzles to progress through the world.

Of course you will pick up additional abilities throughout the game that increase the complexity of the puzzles. The art style is lovely, the music is great and while the concept is easy to understand, the puzzles keep bringing new types of challenges. It reminded me a bit of Portal. The boss fights are interesting too and present a good solid challenge.

There's a video of the Penny Arcade guys playing it for the first time. It takes 'em about 3:20 to get to the real start of the game (there's a relatively uninteresting running/jumping section as a sort of intro but when playing the game, it gives you a good feel of the movement physics)

It's a game I'd recommend. I know the Steam winter sale has just ended, but put this on your wish list and wait for the next sale if you don't want to plunge into a €10 adventure just like that.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-15-2016 05:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

kinda done with these "cute 2d platformers with that one extra gameplay element that seperates it from the rest" tbh.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-15-2016 05:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haven't been over exposed myself, I guess, but a good game's a good game.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.