Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Yet another fucking mass shooting in America; 14 dead so far

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Yet another fucking mass shooting in America; 14 dead so far

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 11:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://gawker.com/as-many-as-20-victims ... 1745757446

Quote:
The San Bernardino county sheriff has confirmed the presence of an active shooter near the 1300 block of S. Waterman in San Bernardino, CA. At least 12 people are dead, with another 20 are reportedly injured.

The city’s Fire Department says on Twitter that many as 20 people may have been shot so far. A SWAT team appears to be on the scene and emergency crews are reportedly setting up a triage center near the city’s convention center.

It hasn't even been a week since the last one. This is insane. :(

Edit: Death toll rises...

Last edited by Transient on 12-02-2015 02:36 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 12:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

in before same thread as every other thread about a mass shooting in America, with the same opinions from the same people

in before Obama says something must be done

in before nothing is done

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 12:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In after seremtan makes his in before post...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 12:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

California has some of the strictest gun laws in America.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 12:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^lol

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 12:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

Unless each state enforces border crossings you'll only be as strong as the weakest link. I shouldn't have to explain such a thing to an adult. Your country is flooded with guns.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:

guns don't kill people. guns control kills people

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 12:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LETS BAN SWIMMING POOLS

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 12:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lets ban people.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 12:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of ... by_country

Apparently the US has 112.6 guns per 100 people, never realised it was just that high.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep. Between personal purchases and inherited, I own 30+.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 01:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well goooooood for you. Fucking ameatur...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 01:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

People shouldn't have access to assault rifles, extended clips and armor piercing bullets. You don't need that shit to kill a deer. Authorities have now stated that the shooter(s) burst into a meeting firing semi-automatic long rifles. It was at a fucking nonprofit organization that helps the developmentally disabled. Of all the targets...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 01:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You see, when people want to impose laws or take rights away from everyone based on the actions of a few and they use terminology that is incorrect, it takes away from their credibility. It also makes you question how much they really understand about their own argument.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:
YourGrandpa wrote:

guns don't kill people. guns control kills people

People kill people!

I had a rack of guns on my office wall some years ago an they didn't even whisper a threat :smirk:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 01:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
You see, when people want to impose laws or take rights away from everyone based on the actions of a few and they use terminology that is incorrect, it takes away from their credibility. It also makes you question how much they really understand about their own argument.

It's not the actions of a few, though. There's a mass shooting every week in America. I'm perfectly happy requiring people to go through rigorous background checks and licensing procedures to own a weapon capable of mass murder. And what terminology are you referring to?

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 01:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
It's not the actions of a few, though. There's a mass shooting every week in America. I'm perfectly happy requiring people to go through rigorous background checks and licensing procedures to own a weapon capable of mass murder. And what terminology are you referring to?

I am also not opposed to a more rigorous approval process. See my idea below.

Terminology? Magazine vs Clip. There are VERY few firearms that use a "clip". Most semi-automatic firearms use magazines.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 02:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so can own 50 cal without license

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 02:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^ the solution is obvious: the developmentally disabled need to carry guns

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 02:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I am also not opposed to a more rigorous approval process. See my idea below.

Terminology? Magazine vs Clip. There are VERY few firearms that use a "clip". Most semi-automatic firearms use magazines.

That idea is a start, but it leaves a lot to be desired IMO. The idea of requiring a license like you have to get in order to drive a car is a good one. :up:

As far as using the term 'clip' instead of 'magazine', I'm pretty sure everyone knows what I mean and I don't think it hurts my credibility or understanding of the topic, considering how often the terms are interchanged. Besides, I'm not suggesting I be the one to draft new regulations; you and I are not the ones who need to be credible.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 02:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
in before same thread as every other thread about a mass shooting in America, with the same opinions from the same people

in before Obama says something must be done

in before nothing is done

Yarp

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 02:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YGP locks his 30+ weapons in his head vault.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 03:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Prolly a Mexican cartel hit...

Playboy
Playboy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 03:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who cares? Americans have a right to own as many guns as they want and if there has to be a mass shooting every other week because of it then it's a small price to pay.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 04:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Amen brother...

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 04:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
That idea is a start, but it leaves a lot to be desired IMO. The idea of requiring a license like you have to get in order to drive a car is a good one. :up:

As far as using the term 'clip' instead of 'magazine', I'm pretty sure everyone knows what I mean and I don't think it hurts my credibility or understanding of the topic, considering how often the terms are interchanged. Besides, I'm not suggesting I be the one to draft new regulations; you and I are not the ones who need to be credible.

I don't mean to insinuate that my idea is 100% full proof without room for improvement. It's only an idea. But it clearly indicates a more stringent path to the possession of hi capacity, semi-automatic firearms while preserving a more realistic/modern day interpretation of the 2nd amendment.

I'm sure lots of people know what you mean when you say clip. But you couldn't identify the terminology conflict when asked. This could also indicate your extended knowledge of firearms. If you make basic mistakes like this when speaking about magazine fed, semi-automatic firearms, what else do you not really understand? Case in point, Dumbrain asking about owning a 50cal. He's completely oblivious to how much they actually cost and the availability. Never mind how expensive the ammo is or where you can get it. Then factor in how big they are and difficult to carry around. When you take all that into consideration, it would be better if the only guns sold were 50 cals. Because almost no one could afford to buy or shoot one, and they're difficult to conceal.

All I'm saying is, it's never any good to have people who really don't understand the problem trying to fix it.

Playboy
Playboy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 04:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 04:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
I'm sure lots of people know what you mean when you say clip. But you couldn't identify the terminology conflict when asked. This could also indicate your extended knowledge of firearms. If you make basic mistakes like this when speaking about magazine fed, semi-automatic firearms, what else do you not really understand?

All I'm saying is, it's never any good to have people who really don't understand the problem trying to fix it.

Because I don't know the difference between a clip and a magazine, I don't understand the problem? That's a really weak argument, dude. :dork:

Transient wrote:
I'm not suggesting I be the one to draft new regulations; you and I are not the ones who need to be credible.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 05:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Because I don't know the difference between a clip and a magazine, I don't understand the problem? That's a really weak argument, dude. :dork:

So you can't see how not knowing the basics might prevent you from understanding the complexities? Interesting.

Well at least we agree that something needs to be done.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 05:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You don't need to be a mechanic to know why drivers should have licences.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 05:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
Transient wrote:

So you can't see how not knowing the basics might prevent you from understanding the complexities? Interesting.

Well at least we agree that something needs to be done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree with your core argument. But I don't think you have enough experience/knowledge to qualify statements like, "People shouldn't have access to assault rifles, extended clips and armor piercing bullets."

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 05:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Should put "I think," at the beginning of all my posts, then?

Chunk had a good analogy. I don't need to be a NASCAR driver to know that the average Joe shouldn't be driving around in Formula 1 cars on the highway.

I also don't need to know the difference between a clip and a magazine to know that a gun which can fire hundreds of rounds in a minute doesn't need to be in the hands of average citizens!

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 05:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You don't need experience to qualify that shit. Assault rifles are weapons designed for war. It's part of the name. ASSAULT. Where else do assaults happen, in the context of guns, other than a fucking war? It's blatantly obvious. Fucking each other over the minutiae is a distraction from the core issue which is that citizens cannot reasonably justify having war-grade weapons in their possession. Yeah, hur-dur, it's fun, whatever. Go fuck yourself. Fun does not trump moral and ethical imperatives.

Fuck Americans are fucked in the head.

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 12-02-2015 06:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Someones upset...

What do you classify as an "assault weapon"? Because I'm sure it's different for everyone. The term assault is really just a prefix added to scare uneducated people similar to you two. Neither of you have the tools to discuss this point logically. All you can do is name call. Carry on.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.